So, after hearing about how Microsoft is making their apps like One Note available to "all platforms" aka Android and iOS but not BB10, I was wondering if anyone else thinks BB should do this hypothetically, or if I'm just being extremely immature and childish, lol. Anyway, I was thinking that hypothetically, if BBM becomes really popular again, I know it's a slim chance, but let's say they get all of the features working across all platforms, video chat, screen sharing, etc., and people start to really adopt it and really desire BBM, that BB should then pull the app from Windows and stop supporting it for Windows Phone. And when asked why they do not have it for WP, their response should be exactly the same as the response MS gave to people petitioning for One Note to come out for BB10, lol.

Yes, I'm sorry, I'm a bit on a vindictive side sometimes, but wouldn't that be kind of funny?
    WorldwideRemix likes this.
    12-16-14 12:55 AM
    It would be a horrible move.
    12-16-14 01:00 AM
    Its okay to fantasize. But business wise, I would say that 'Keep your friends close and enemies closer'. Close enough to let them know that we care for you and we will.
    Not providing MS One note is a platform preference, remember its business, you don't want to put your dollar where it would give you cents in return.
    BBM is vital to be available on every platform out there, hell even on the web if they can, BBM is one of the primary vertical for BlackBerry to survive, so if I were to make a decision, I'd simply hug my enemy till they become a part of me.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 01:33 AM
    the windows app is crap anyway last I used it....I don't think many people would miss if they stopped support as it is
    12-16-14 04:48 AM
    It sounds childish at first, but I guess it would be a fun move. And when I think how successful entrepreneurs tick, they would do the same. You have many examples.

But Slagman, now that I read that. Imagine Whatsapp wouldn't develop for Blackberry. Remember when it came out 2011? Nobody cared that much. But they really developed the app for Nokia (Symbian), iOS, Android and Blackberry. Later Windows, too. Now I can't stand Whatsapp, but nearly all of my friends/family use it. Imagine if they would have left us out. BB would be in trouble.
    12-16-14 05:11 AM
    It sounds childish at first, but I guess it would be a fun move. And when I think how successful entrepreneurs tick, they would do the same. You have many examples.

But Slagman, now that I read that. Imagine Whatsapp wouldn't develop for Blackberry. Remember when it came out 2011? Nobody cared that much. But they really developed the app for Nokia (Symbian), iOS, Android and Blackberry. Later Windows, too. Now I can't stand Whatsapp, but nearly all of my friends/family use it. Imagine if they would have left us out. BB would be in trouble.
    I don't use whatsapp and will never install it since it automatically pulls all of my contacts. I find that a complete invasion and I will only use things that give me control over who I have on my list and who knows that I have it. I don't give a rat's **** if everyone else is using it, if they want to communicate with me, they better text me.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-16-14 04:50 PM
    I don't use whatsapp and will never install it since it automatically pulls all of my contacts. I find that a complete invasion and I will only use things that give me control over who I have on my list and who knows that I have it. I don't give a rat's **** if everyone else is using it, if they want to communicate with me, they better text me.

I love that rough and tough straight to point NO BS straight talk from you. Clearly the UBER politically correct people here will cry. But at the end you are right.

I had my NO whatsapp armada, un-FN-fortunately with no success. I told them to get BBM or Text. No BBM for them, was too complicated. And nowadays everybody is on whatsapp. It was cool not being a sheep. But at the end, it sucked not sending pics via SMS. So I bit the bullet and re-installed it. Kudos for being core to your values. I might think about it! On 1st January 2015! No more whatsapp, just to troll the sheeple! Thansk slagman! And sorry for being off topic.
    12-16-14 07:46 PM
    Lol But then Microsoft could be childish and pull Skype from BlackBerry World.

Canada Channel C00123A4A
    Last edited by SteveBB10; 12-16-14 at 08:45 PM.
    12-16-14 08:14 PM
    I love that rough and tough straight to point NO BS straight talk from you. Clearly the UBER politically correct people here will cry. But at the end you are right.

I had my NO whatsapp armada, un-FN-fortunately with no success. I told them to get BBM or Text. No BBM for them, was too complicated. And nowadays everybody is on whatsapp. It was cool not being a sheep. But at the end, it sucked not sending pics via SMS. So I bit the bullet and re-installed it. Kudos for being core to your values. I might think about it! On 1st January 2015! No more whatsapp, just to troll the sheeple! Thansk slagman! And sorry for being off topic.
    Why couldn't you send pics using SMS? Well, it would be MMS, but why couldn't you do that without whatsapp?

12-16-14 08:39 PM
    But then Microsoft could be childish and pull Skype from BlackBerry World.

Canada Channel C00123A4A
    Yah, but it just is fun to be childish every now and then, lol.

12-16-14 08:39 PM
    I'm currently using onenote with my passport. It works great even good than evernote a native BlackBerry app. Try installing snap and load it. By the way, I have leaked OS1151
    12-17-14 08:24 AM
    Why couldn't you send pics using SMS? Well, it would be MMS, but why couldn't you do that without whatsapp?

Of course it is an MMS then, but in all respect. You know how much an MMS cost right? It is a joke. Many have SMS Flats and then it is fine. But mostly people are lazy. And want everything free. So MMS is not an option.

Sure, you can send pics via Email, and thats an option. But MMS is DOA!
    12-17-14 11:59 AM
    Of course it is an MMS then, but in all respect. You know how much an MMS cost right? It is a joke. Many have SMS Flats and then it is fine. But mostly people are lazy. And want everything free. So MMS is not an option.

Sure, you can send pics via Email, and thats an option. But MMS is DOA!
    Oh ok, must be the region. Where I live MMS is included with the SMS plan or the data plan.

12-17-14 12:21 PM