12-12-14 06:57 PM
    You know they say it's a problem when your problem starts affecting others?

Appleholics

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike likes this.
    12-12-14 07:06 PM
    I'm not even a little surprised if this turns out to be true. In fact, I'll be surprised if it's not.
    BCITMike and Andy_bb_king like this.
    12-12-14 07:08 PM
    Kinda figured that all along, why did it take them so long to start an investigation? Payback time to all cell phone users in Canada, $1000 each plus interest + pain and suffering!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-12-14 07:14 PM
    Now what? If this is proven to be true will Apple be obligated to pay some fine? Or will Apple cyborg lawyers tie up the legal system for decades...

Posted using my amazing Passport
    12-13-14 10:50 AM
    Now what? If this is proven to be true will Apple be obligated to pay some fine? Or will Apple cyborg lawyers tie up the legal system for decades...

Posted using my amazing Passport
    The latter.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 02:42 PM
    Great... so for 6 generations of its phones it fleeced customers!!! Time for payback... but I guess it will not happen... these things take a long time to come to any conclusion...

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 07:32 PM
    Oh, Apple won't be blamed for anything. Neither will the carriers.

They raised their prices because they could.

End of story.

All the Iphone did was show the carriers that the consumption of data was going to be an increasing thing.

Passport on Wind
    jmr1015 likes this.
    12-13-14 07:58 PM
    This is so true. About time it gets exposed! Why do you think the carriers all turned their backs on BlackBerry. Oh oh, here comes the Apple defenders!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 10:03 PM
    This looks a lot like the ebook price fixing scandal they got slammed for.
    12-14-14 06:49 PM
    Watch as apple gets baked.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 using the CrackBerry 10 application
    12-16-14 08:59 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Would LOVE to see the Canadian Government go hard after Apple and the shaddy deals they cut with the telcos to prevent competition.

The CrTC should nail Apple for billions... they may get away with this with US telcos.. but in Canada ( even Europe) they may not get away so easily....

Looks like that process underway.. Apple with its billions and high priced lawyers will of course delay as long as possible.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:56 PM
    Would LOVE to see the Canadian Government go hard after Apple and the shaddy deals they cut with the telcos to prevent competition.

The CrTC should nail Apple for billions... they may get away with this with US telcos.. but in Canada ( even Europe) they may not get away so easily....

Looks like that process underway.. Apple with its billions and high priced lawyers will of course delay as long as possible.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like what scientology does. I bolded that relevant part. Delay delay delay, until it's thrown out/dismissed. Grrrrrr. >:O

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-23-14 11:29 PM
    I predict a fine followed by business as usual, this is the third time Apple has done this (ebook pricing and iPod music) that we know of, Apple's legal department has been very busy this year.
    01-03-15 05:44 PM
    Why is this thread being kept off general discussions and instead being hidden in the carrier discussions?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:37 PM
    As of December 15th, here is a portion of the article.

Specifically, the Canadian government's competition watchdog is attempting to determine whether or not Apple discourages its carrier partners from offering discounts or incentives to consumers for the purchase of competitive handsets, or in some cases preventing the carriers from offering competitive handsets outright. Additionally, the government believes Apple may have encouraged carriers to offer preferential service plan pricing to iPhone customers.

"The contractual obligations (with the carriers) may therefore increase the price Canadian consumers have paid, are paying or will pay for handset devices and wireless services," the filing reads.
    01-04-15 08:38 AM