Don't update BBM! The Public version just got released that is supposed to bring new and better features. It does bring a few, better Timed Messages, Multi picture, Picture R and D, and some other improvements.

BUT! It makes Stickers selected by Default when trying to add emoticons.
    This is the worst decision ever, and has been criticized by the Beta Users. Why they would still add it in the Public version is beyond me.
    Also you can no longer select partial text like you could on older versions.

So, don't update, trust me you will be 'ffin annoyed!

Okay everyone listen up!

"I just got off the phone with BlackBerry tech support and the only official process they can follow is based off of I Can Make It Better posts, so I've now posted it and sharing it around! Get anyone you know to upvote this so we can get it fixed ASAP!

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....default-in-bbm

Go here and upvote the post!"

So all of you complaining about the bbm emoticon issue, we need you to raise your voice and speak up! Head over to the official BlackBerry ICanMakeItBetter website linked above, and upvote the idea!

That is the only way the dev's are allowed to prioritize a new update!
    Now for even more better, go here.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 12-18-14 at 09:28 PM. Reason: added icanmakeitbetter info, and now even more better
    senel, LuisCast, Bleus and 21 others like this.
    12-12-14 12:02 PM
    Not annoyed as it is a simply select to fix but I would have preferred to have it the old way.
    However you can see the marketing moves in it.
    wincyUt and sam81 like this.
    12-12-14 12:09 PM
    I went and updated just to see what the big deal was.

It's really not a big deal.....

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:28 PM
    Just say that again when people in your 40+ groups start using stickers to respond to every little thing instead of just adding an emoji to their text.

Good for BBM? Sure, Stickers will be used more.
    Good for Enterprise�? I don't see how.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    12-12-14 12:34 PM
    Majority of the emoticons are available as stickers as well. Not sure what the big deal is. Now I don't have to squint every time someone sends me a regular emoticon.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler and NtotheK like this.
    12-12-14 12:43 PM
    Not annoyed as it is a simply select to fix but I would have preferred to have it the old way.
    However you can see the marketing moves in it.

[New Update - RESOLVED!!!] PSA: Don't Update BBM! Stickers are Default!-crackberry-image-11-.jpg

If you support BlackBerry and buy stickers.... it's very annoying

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    gokulesh likes this.
    12-12-14 12:43 PM
    I knew this beforehand and I am ok with it.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    12-12-14 12:45 PM
    Are you sure that there is no option to change default to emoticons?
    12-12-14 12:49 PM
    There isn't. And there is still no way to see and manage what packs you have installed either as far as I can tell.

@ nah.uhh: I do support BlackBerry and I do buy Stickers. I just don't think they need 1 button access. Emoticons do, because you can add them while you are typing.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    anand_ma, Ecm, sk8er_tor and 5 others like this.
    12-12-14 12:52 PM
    I wish I had read this before I updated. The default to stickers is just ridiculous. What's worse is when you want to put several emoticons in a row. MAJOR FAIL.
    12-12-14 03:44 PM
    Okay then. What genius made the decision to change that? This is one of those decisions that should not have gone through. Better ways to encourage sticker usage. It shouldn't be forced.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 03:53 PM
    You just tap the smiley 1 inch to the left... What's the big deal? Maybe it'll become an option at some point
    david7saad, yvpan1, sam81 and 2 others like this.
    12-12-14 03:55 PM
    Question : anyone's know how to unistall a sticker pack cause I don't used anymore

Posted via CB 10 app from a glorious BlackBerry Passport
    12-12-14 03:58 PM
    You just tap the smiley 1 inch to the left... What's the big deal? Maybe it'll become an option at some point
    On the passport (unless you're a lefty) it's more like a 4 inches reach + the shop button it way too close to it and way easier to hit by accident
    ..speaking of which, there should be right vs left handed settings

They did that on purpose.. first button to open the tray is the happyface on the far right, then the emoticon tray is on the far left.
    At least make it consistent, ie put them both on the right or both on the left..

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    12-12-14 04:22 PM
    I absolutely hate the stickers implementation. Very tacky and absolutely useless.
    12-12-14 04:35 PM
    Well, I like it this way so...

Posted via CB10
    spiculated likes this.
    12-12-14 04:40 PM
    I LOVE THIS NEW BBM UPDATE!!!!!!!

To each their own.
    aminrajabi likes this.
    12-12-14 04:46 PM
    Updates like this make me question why I am still using a BlackBerry. Seriously, I thought BlackBerry's focus was supposed to be on the professional business side of things. If I start using stickers with my contacts, I won't have any contacts anymore. Trust me, I tried a few, they were very unhappy.

Some of you may like it, but this is enough for me to question what the h*ll I am doing here. Is alienating part of their target market actually the best course of action for BlackBerry or is their actual target market consumers and little kids?

I won't be updating... I'll be questioning which other messaging service I'll be using instead. SMS is all I need and all I want and I know numerous others that will feel the same.

In all honesty, what my actual feelings on the subject are are completely inappropriate for the forums. Where others don't really mind, this fundamentally ruins my BBM experience.
    12-12-14 04:59 PM
    It's really a big deal for me. We can send multiple pics, that's important.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 05:12 PM
    Not the best move, in my opinion, but the hyperbole in this thread is a bit over the top.
    Why do people have to act like the world is ending over the smallest things?
    People can give their feedback, and I think there is a good chance BB will reverse this decision. In the meantime, it takes 2 taps to get to emoticons [shrug].
    What I have been asking for, in the Beta Zone and "Make It Better", is for the ability to uninstall a sticker pack.

Posted via CB10
    Rowan M, AnimalPak200 and wyrdfool like this.
    12-12-14 05:17 PM
    ...First World Problems...............................

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-12-14 05:52 PM
    Those of you who don't use stickers should contact BlackBerry and repeatedly tell them that we need an option to turn them off.. Personally, I love em, but they're not for everyone
    Bleus, Chrisy and aghs like this.
    12-12-14 06:12 PM
    ...First World Problems...............................

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    Nope, BlackBerry problems..... if the aim is to increase the reach/use of BBM especially cross platform this is a step back.

Posted via CB10
    Bleus and greenberry666 like this.
    12-12-14 06:29 PM
    Nope, BlackBerry problems..... if the aim is to increase the reach/use of BBM especially cross platform this is a step back.

Posted via CB10
    Who told you it is a set back? Did you do any market research to support your assumption? It's fine if you don't like it but I think it's highly unlikely that BlackBerry didn't do their research. Like anything, time will tell.
    12-12-14 06:36 PM
    What's also annoying is that you can't add multiple emoticons simply by taping on each of them consecutively. You need to go through all the steps and reopen the emoticons list and tap on them one by one. Whatsapp let's you do that.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi, Ransmus1, yvpan1 and 14 others like this.
    12-12-14 06:42 PM
199 123 ...