Hello;

I am currently on BlackBerry 8520, v 4.6.1.272 (Platform 4.2.0.118). I recently bought a Passport and would like to transfer my contacts. BlackBerry has this nice info page for device switch:

Device Switch - EN

Unfortunately, it says on the page that BlackBerry OS 5-7.1 devices can be switched, so my 8520 is not covered What can I do? I just need to transfer my contacts, which are not synced to an email account. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    12-12-14 07:20 AM
    Use BlackBerry link and use the device switch option

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-12-14 07:21 AM
    If it's only! The contacts you need could back up your contacts to your SD card then import the file. See if contact manager app is available in BlackBerry world. I use contact manager pro.

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-12-14 07:25 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply, but the web page I gave the link for says that only devices with OS5 and higher are supported. If you can confirm that it works, I could give it a try, though, of course...
    12-12-14 07:26 AM
    Did you try device switch app? I would try downloading it on each device. That is the easiest way if you can't connect to link. Sorry I wasn't sure if you even tried yet

12-12-14 07:30 AM
    Well, I didn't try because the Bbberry web page says that for both Link and Device Switch, only devices above OS5 are supported. Do you think I should still give it a try?
    12-12-14 07:34 AM
    If your OS is out of date (and that's the probem) you should try and update that first. Been a while since I've touched a legacy device but I believe you would use desk top manager to update your OS on your previous device (don't forget to back up then restore your data. Then you should be able to use device switch app. Somebody jump in here if I'm wrong.

12-12-14 07:37 AM
    I may be wrong on this, but but it may be that 8520 does not work on OS5. Actually, it's been a while since I have used a legacy device as well; I am personally on a Q10; the 8520-Passport switch is for a relative. Anyway, I hope someone will jump in and help out. Thanks again for the comments...
    12-12-14 07:44 AM
    I may be wrong on this, but but it may be that 8520 does not work on OS5. Actually, it's been a while since I have used a legacy device as well; I am personally on a Q10; the 8520-Passport switch is for a relative. Anyway, I hope someone will jump in and help out. Thanks again for the comments...
    Well, I'd don't think you will hurt anything by seeing if device switch is in BlackBerry world for your device. And if it's there give it a shot. I don't think you'll hurt anything.

12-12-14 07:48 AM
    After further research.....One Option would be to use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to synchronize your Data to Microsoft Outlook and then export the data to the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone using BlackBerry Link, see here:�http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/...mport-outlook/

Apparently I'm still learning New/old stuff too!

12-12-14 07:52 AM
    I've read all the conversation, just wanted to let you know that Curve 8520 has BB OS 5 not 4 & below which you are referring too!

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-12-14 07:52 AM
    I've read all the conversation, just wanted to let you know that Curve 8520 has BB OS 5 not 4 & below which you are referring too!

Posted via CB10
    There ya go and if that is so then device switch app will easily allow you to move your contacts. You can find it in BlackBerry world put it on both devices and let it do its thing

12-12-14 08:40 AM