Updated!!!
    Below working .apk barclays app.
    Seems like it only works with the 10.3.xxx leaks.

https://app.box.com/s/z1iixjktiv4djt0wnhnh

Hi to all UK happy blackberry owners. My question is well known to all, but maybe something has changed! Is there any way that the barclays mobile banking app (android apk.) will work on our devices? I'm still on 10.3.0.xxx OS, so don't know how is the situation right now with the latest 10.3.1.xxx leaks. Please let me know if you know something, cheers.
    Last edited by adigawi; 01-03-15 at 02:38 AM.
    12-05-14 10:30 AM
    Unfortunately the Barclays apk will not work as it thinks the device is rooted.

I have contacted Barclays on numerous but they are not interested in helping and keep quoting security concerns which is a nonsense.

Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 11:13 AM
    thanks... not good news.! security concerns--------> money. Maybe in the future, there is new passport, new classic coming soon.
    12-05-14 11:45 AM
    This is the only app that force me to keep second (android) phone!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 02:43 PM
    I worked around this by pinning barclays.mobi to my homescreen. It has a proper icon, and whilst not perfect it is useable
    JamesW_UK likes this.
    12-05-14 02:51 PM
    I've been also waiting and ask Barclays on numerous occasions, but their reply was that's they haven't got plan to develop application For BlackBerry 10. I myself been forced to acquired an Android phone so that I can access my account on the go. It's somehow a stupid excuse to use.(Security).security, when the most secure platform to date is BlackBerry.
    In a way I feel that BlackBerry as the company should us get to the bottom of this barclays nightmare. Just think that BlackBerry was the first platform with Barclays app when it first started. Now they have use the pathetic excuse.. Barclays should be ashamed. It's all part of a corporate strategy to squash another company.
    We don't support your product, then your product don't sale,and eventually Your company goes out of business!

? Z30 ? ? Best mobile platform to date.
    JamesW_UK likes this.
    12-05-14 04:03 PM
    Unfortunately the Barclays apk will not work as it thinks the device is rooted.

I have contacted Barclays on numerous but they are not interested in helping and keep quoting security concerns which is a nonsense.

Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    ive contacted them as well and they told me that an app was been done but couldn't say when it would be ready..............still waiting
    12-05-14 04:31 PM
    I worked around this by pinning barclays.mobi to my homescreen. It has a proper icon, and whilst not perfect it is useable
    I understand you, but this means that you have to keep this funny barclays scientific calculator with you.. I also can't understand that this app is available for older bb devices not for the new bb system!?!
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-06-14 05:19 AM
    No, set a login PIN. I login with that and letters from my password. You need to set it up from the web version, but after that you only need the PIN sentry device for making payments to new payees.
    12-06-14 08:54 PM
    I didn't know that, will try today, thank you...... ;-)

Wysłane z mojego D5803 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    12-07-14 01:34 AM
    Just did it... wow, why nobody adviced this before? It's so easy! Now I can sell my androphone finally. Cheers, thx, thx, thx..

Posted via CB10
    decoy7 likes this.
    12-07-14 02:06 AM
    Do the transactions show properly on your device?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:31 AM
    It seems that the font is quite large if you asked about this?! Everything else works fine, but just started it so didn't check all features yet.

Wysłane z mojego Z30 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    12-07-14 03:56 AM
    I didn't even know about a Barclays mobile site. That comes up fine, but as soon as I try to login it defaults to the full Web version which is a pain.

On the app thing, I think we had a thread a while ago where Barclays had said they were planning to make the Android app available for BB10 at some point. Probably around 2025.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:39 AM
    I didn't even know about a Barclays mobile site. That comes up fine, but as soon as I try to login it defaults to the full Web version which is a pain.

On the app thing, I think we had a thread a while ago where Barclays had said they were planning to make the Android app available for BB10 at some point. Probably around 2025.

Posted via CB10
    Probably you have full desktop setup in the browser settings, swith it off and the barclays.mobi should open in mobile ver.

12-07-14 07:03 AM
    I got z10 and I managed my account Barclay using the browser and it's works u don't need app for that

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:00 PM
    The problem is that probably most of us don't know about it. I own bb10 device from the beginning and didn't know that the mobile version works so flawless and doesn't require this pin calculator! Look, barclays know that we want the app but they even never suggested to anyone to use barclays.mobi together with the memorable word... shame. Thanks god we have CB and good friends here!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 01:10 AM
    No one's more excited about this than me!!

I received my new Passport this week, installed the Barclays APK and it's working. Anyone else tried it?
    stevewoodrow11 likes this.
    01-02-15 07:41 AM
    What OS are you running? It just crashes on boot for me
    01-02-15 07:49 AM
    No one's more excited about this than me!!

I received my new Passport this week, installed the Barclays APK and it's working. Anyone else tried it?
    Can you actually register and use the app successfully? I have been able to install the apk but it then brings up the rooting issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 08:15 AM
    Seems fine, just done some transfers between my accounts, I'm on OS 10.3.0.908. I just had to confirm the 'trust apps from other sources' thing when it was installing.
    01-02-15 08:20 AM
    BTW, the APK I used was in the thread 'Have anyone got Barclays App working ?'
    01-02-15 09:04 AM
    No luck for me I'm afraid - the app just closes as soon as it is launched.
    01-02-15 10:44 AM
    BTW, the APK I used was in the thread 'Have anyone got Barclays App working ?'
    Could you please copy the link to this threat? I can't find it....

Just found the threat:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...orking-881717/

There is a link to download the .apk file, and it really works! Probably because this is not the lates version with more security in it. With the first launch it informed me about the lates version available to download in the store, but I just click OK, and the app launched without any issues!
    Last edited by adigawi; 01-02-15 at 11:22 AM.
    01-02-15 10:55 AM
    Wow - now got it working for me as well.

Well, well, well - after all this time. I wonder if Barclays have changed something at their end.
    Regardless - happy days and thanks for the info.

Crackberry rules!!!!!!
    01-02-15 11:55 AM
155 123 ...