Ok.
    . Storm release is in a few hours... Who has found the best rebate/discount/ work around on the Storm purchase?

** where to buy?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 09:07 AM
    I'm new to crackberry. Ive been lurking for a while, ever since i heard about the storm. And since I am going to get one tomorrow I figure its time to get a crackberry account...Anyway! My best deal is FREE! And its not even like i won a storm through the storm hunt. I did win the $100 gift card through the storm hunt. That, plus I am trading in my current phone through flipswap and getting and extra $50 from RIM (its a promotion going on now, check it out). Soooo, it is therefore free. I am pumped.
    11-20-08 09:13 AM
    best i got is an additional $100 off through my new every two promotion at verizon.
    11-20-08 09:18 AM
    If you are eligible for NE2 then your best bet is probably going to Verizon and using that. If not however BestBuy is offering the phone for 199.99 no rebates required with a free Bluetooth which isn't bad
    11-20-08 09:25 AM
    so hold up ...u can get this phone from best buy for 199.99 without a 2 year agreement ? or am i reading this wrong ?
    11-20-08 09:36 AM
    If you are eligible for NE2 then your best bet is probably going to Verizon and using that. If not however BestBuy is offering the phone for 199.99 no rebates required with a free Bluetooth which isn't bad
    is this all best buys?
    11-20-08 09:36 AM
    nevermind scrap my request ... is there any breathing room to get this phone for a cheaper price if your not eligible for a 2 year renewal?
    11-20-08 09:38 AM
    Flipswap?

I'm new to crackberry. Ive been lurking for a while, ever since i heard about the storm. And since I am going to get one tomorrow I figure its time to get a crackberry account...Anyway! My best deal is FREE! And its not even like i won a storm through the storm hunt. I did win the $100 gift card through the storm hunt. That, plus I am trading in my current phone through flipswap and getting and extra $50 from RIM (its a promotion going on now, check it out). Soooo, it is therefore free. I am pumped.

11-20-08 09:43 AM
    Flipswap?

The BlackBerry Trade Up Program gives you cash towards the purchase of a new BlackBerry Smartphone: Home

They give you money for your old phone if you buy a new Blackberry. I'm getting $150 from them so my Storm will only cost $50.
    11-20-08 09:50 AM
    If you are using the Blackberry Trade-up program make sure to use the promotion code "graduate" for an extra $50.
    11-20-08 11:38 AM
    Yes! Don't forget about the Trade Up Program!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...-update-75822/

11-20-08 11:43 AM
    I went to my local Verizon store and was told I'd have to pay the $250 and then get the $50 rebate, so I thought that's what I'd be doing.

But then I got the text from Verizon saying Holiday promotion, call this #, etc and called the number where I guess telesales(?) told me I could get an extra $50 off since I'm over one year, but less than 2 years. So after the rebate I'll be getting it for $149. Only drawback is I won't be getting it til Mon or Tues. But I figure I've waited this long, what's another weekend.

Then with the trade-up program I remember checking a while back where I'll get like 67 bucks for my enV, and with the extra 50, it'll be $117. So the Storm will be costing me 33 bucks when it's all said and done
    11-20-08 11:53 AM
    Best Buy offers the phone with a 2 year contract for 199 instead of Verizon's $250 with a 50 dollar mail in rebate. And it comes with a free bluetooth. But this is only if you have already pre-ordered the device with the $50 deposit and set up an appointment with Best buy to come pick it up.

If your buying this phone at retail however, go with Verizon. Best buy sells this device retail for $599 when Verizon corporate sells it for $499 but its doubtful that Verizon will have it in stock unless you want to camp out. And there's rumors going around that Verizon, because of limited stock, is only selling phone to new Verizon customers and existing customers getting upgrades, so give them a call n make sure
    11-20-08 12:03 PM
    If you are using the Blackberry Trade-up program make sure to use the promotion code "graduate" for an extra $50.
    Where do you use the graduate code? With Verizon or on the RIM Flipswap site?
    11-20-08 12:21 PM
    ok.... if you do the trade in program or whatever... u need the proof of purchase ? most people did the proof of purchase in order to get the rebate so i no longer have a proof of purchase ...anyway around this?
    11-20-08 12:41 PM
    ok.... if you do the trade in program or whatever... u need the proof of purchase ? most people did the proof of purchase in order to get the rebate so i no longer have a proof of purchase ...anyway around this?
    Make a copy??
    11-20-08 01:03 PM
    Make a copy??
    i mean i guess if this was back to the future , i could go back in time and make a copy and then send it in...

please man, no more **** head responses ... shouldnt verizon have the pop on file ?
    11-20-08 01:33 PM
    Where do you use the graduate code? With Verizon or on the RIM Flipswap site?
    Type" graduate" in the promo code line on the BlackBerry Trade Up site (Flipswap). You'll see that when you do there will be an additional 50 added to your quote.

The whole process is very easy!

11-20-08 02:38 PM
    Thank you that is awsome!
    11-20-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD