I hate to change carriers, since I've been using Verizon Wireless since my first days with BlackBerry.
    11-27-14 12:13 PM
    This is right from their website, so, yes...it will be on Verizon.
    Does anyone know if the BlackBerry Classic will be available at Verizon stores?-img_20141127_111311.png

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 01:14 PM
    They will sell it but Verizon won't have it on display on their floor. And they might not stock it so you'll have to order. Should be 1-2 day delivery though.
    11-28-14 02:49 PM
    This is right from their website, so, yes...it will be on Verizon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141127_111311.png 
Views:	1131 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	317266

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for posting! When I signed up for updates a while back it didn't say anything about cdma so that's good news.
    11-28-14 03:34 PM
    It really depends on the individual stores. There are 5 corporate stores near me and 3 have the Q10, Z30, Z10 on display and keep inventory. The other two only have the Q10 on display - I have no idea about their stock.

I'll bet most will have the Classic on the floor.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    11-28-14 10:16 PM
    It really depends on the individual stores. There are 5 corporate stores near me and 3 have the Q10, Z30, Z10 on display and keep inventory. The other two only have the Q10 on display - I have no idea about their stock.

I'll bet most will have the Classic on the floor.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    Fingers crossed; my store here in Cypress, California doesn't have a clue about anything blackberry .
    11-29-14 12:03 AM
    Authorized retailers are all up to their whims, actual verizon stores usually keep a standard... it was a while ago but they always seemed to have a z10, 30 and q10 on display (functionable even!) but rarely in stock

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 07:59 AM
    ya same here in PA near Philly and south Jersey.. The guy actually laughed at me when i mentioned blackberry. LOL, little does he know apparently.
    12-19-14 09:14 AM
    I have signed up for those alerts in the past right on Verizon's website. I usually had the phone that I wanted in my hands when the availability emails were received.
    dispatcher0531 likes this.
    12-19-14 10:05 AM
    They will sell it but Verizon won't have it on display on their floor. And they might not stock it so you'll have to order. Should be 1-2 day delivery though.
    ...and in the meantime the floor reps will try to convince you to get a Droid or iPhone instead, talking down on BlackBerry.

Total deja-vu for webOS...
    12-19-14 12:35 PM
    ...and in the meantime the floor reps will try to convince you to get a Droid or iPhone instead, talking down on BlackBerry.

Total deja-vu for webOS...
    Yep, that's what happened today. I visited the Verizon store in Cypress, California and was told that due to low demand for BB, they would no longer stock or display any BB's.
    12-19-14 06:53 PM
    Yep, that's what happened today. I visited the Verizon store in Cypress, California and was told that due to low demand for BB, they would no longer stock or display any BB's.
    And in a lot of ways it is a Catch-22.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 06:56 PM
    Thanks everyone for answering my question about Verizon carrying the Classic. Good to know it can be ordered from their stores. I'm assuming conditions will be the same for the Passport.
    01-01-15 05:12 PM
    Thanks everyone for answering my question about Verizon carrying the Classic. Good to know it can be ordered from their stores. I'm assuming conditions will be the same for the Passport.
    No not the same with the Passport. Verizon's network does not support this awesome phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 06:22 PM
    Too bad Verizon doesn't support the Passport.

As a long-time BlackBerry user, it ticks me off to see the company taking crap from carriers, biased news sources, and hordes of misinformed citizens. There was a day when Americans loved to support the underdog and strived to stand out from the crowd. BlackBerry's struggle to right itself is worthy of such positive action.
    01-01-15 08:09 PM
    Too bad Verizon doesn't support the Passport.

As a long-time BlackBerry user, it ticks me off to see the company taking crap from carriers, biased news sources, and hordes of misinformed citizens. There was a day when Americans loved to support the underdog and strived to stand out from the crowd. BlackBerry's struggle to right itself is worthy of such positive action.
    U wouldn't say "support" is the correct word. The z30 was a Verizon exclusive. No idea of att made a deal with BlackBerry or if att was the only taker.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 08:57 PM
    Problem with buying from VZW off contract is the probability of an escalated price from what it can be had for on Amazon or the BlackBerry store.

I'm toying with the idea of jumping from iPhone 6 (on EDGE purchase via VZW) to the Classic...but I'm not going to pay Verizon's premium price if I don't have to for the CDMA model. Plus...Verizon's support (or almost complete lack thereof) for the Z10, Z30 & Q10 has me wondering if they will even display the Classic...trying instead to steer buyers to Apple or Samsung devices.
    01-02-15 06:32 AM