I was trying to think of a quick way for blackberry to solve this problem:

I'm writing an email, I need to copy content out of another email, this email is hard to find, alas I find it, I go back to the original to paste it, now I need to read content from another hard to find email to continue writing my email, I succeed, then I need more content from that first hard to find email... lets say I need a total of 8 emails open "at the same time" to successfully do my job. The current hub fails miserably in this use case.

I see 2 options:
    1. From the hub, be able to open emails/sms's in a "new window"
    2. Be able to launch as many instances of the Hub app as you desire

I was wondering if anybody besides me runs into this problem? And which of the 2 solutions they would prefer, or both, or another one?

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    11-27-14 12:00 PM
    Would be cleaner and less memory intensive to copy all emails into Evernote or Remember and then minimize it and reference as needed. You would need to find each email anyway, and it's only a couple seconds extra to copy all and paste into another app to have them all on one page...which will be saved later when trying to find each open email again anyway.

8 emails open at once would be a giant cluttered mess of trying to switch back to one particular one. No start menu or preview icon to see each email so you would end up scrolling through a ton of windows and apps like iOS to find the one you need. Whole point of the hub is to not need a million windows open at a time .

Posted in CB10 from my amazing Passport
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    11-27-14 12:11 PM
    Would be cleaner and less memory intensive to copy all emails into Evernote or Remember and then minimize it and reference as needed. You would need to find each email anyway, and it's only a couple seconds extra to copy all and paste into another app to have them all on one page...which will be saved later when trying to find each open email again anyway.

8 emails open at once would be a giant cluttered mess of trying to switch back to one particular one. No start menu or preview icon to see each email so you would end up scrolling through a ton of windows and apps like iOS to find the one you need. Whole point of the hub is to not need a million windows open at a time .

Posted in CB10 from my amazing Passport
    Easier still. Flag these emails into remember then keep remember app open in the section of those flagged emails ; or like above share the content to remember app. Either way quick referencing.

The Hub is memory intensive having multiple would potentially crash the OS, tedious at most.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    11-27-14 12:22 PM
    At the moment if you flag the email, when you search you can open the advanced settings and filter by flagged. This would bring a short list if you also remove flags. Also depends a little on how often you flag specific email.

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    11-27-14 01:57 PM
    And since you can also open a flagged message in the Remember app under "Tasks" in 10.3.x, you can actually copy from one email to a new email with both open.

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    11-27-14 02:02 PM
    These last three. Black belt BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 03:49 PM
    Also you can use the BlackBerry assistant to write or reply to an email.
    It sounds like you need a computer !

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 04:20 PM
    I think the best solution would be to be able to open emails in a new window. I wouldn't call it another hub, but just a separate window that shows the email, and is accessible as an active frame.
    11-27-14 04:23 PM
    I think the best solution would be to be able to open emails in a new window. I wouldn't call it another hub, but just a separate window that shows the email, and is accessible as an active frame.
    Remember will do that for you.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 03:41 AM
    Also you can use the BlackBerry assistant to write or reply to an email.
    It sounds like you need a computer !

Posted via CB10
    The whole reason I have a blackberry instead of an android or iphone is because it rivals a computer for productivity (or at least the 9900 did)... BB10 is much more similar to other phones and even inferior in some ways.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 08:49 PM
    I personally would love to be able to have a multiple hubs... each email account should be able to have its own icon on the home screen that you could launch a hub from.

This way if you dont like it you dont have to use it, just swipe left to use the main hub.

Also I think in the hub there should be tabs like what the web browser has and from within each email (or txt) you should be able to open it in a new tab.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 08:53 PM
    I personally would love to be able to have a multiple hubs... each email account should be able to have its own icon on the home screen that you could launch a hub from.

This way if you dont like it you dont have to use it, just swipe left to use the main hub.

Also I think in the hub there should be tabs like what the web browser has and from within each email (or txt) you should be able to open it in a new tab.

Posted via CB10
    My suggestion for your initial requirement of multiple hubs.
    Flag the necessary emails.
    They will show up in remember app.
    Now open hub and compose new email.
    When necessary, open remember app and check for reference. Minimise remember to active frame.
    Continue writing using the hub.

This is as simple as it can get. Multiple hubs is just gonna complicate things.

Posted via CB10
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    12-01-14 09:15 PM
    Agree with putting the emails in Remember app.

A less effective option is just to give the emails you are working with Priority. Then all the "difficult to find" emails will be located in the Priority Hub.

Z30 STA 100-2
    trivialguy likes this.
    12-02-14 06:00 AM

This is as simple as it can get. Multiple hubs is just gonna complicate things.

Posted via CB10
    It would for most users, they can have settings for these things though...

I could get by if each item that I got to from the hub (or at the least just emails) it would be amazing if I could click the overflow icon and "open in separate window".

For those of you recommending to use the remember app... do I copy/paste the whole email into the remember note, or is there a slicker way to accomplish this?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 01:28 PM
    It would for most users, they can have settings for these things though...

I could get by if each item that I got to from the hub (or at the least just emails) it would be amazing if I could click the overflow icon and "open in separate window".

For those of you recommending to use the remember app... do I copy/paste the whole email into the remember note, or is there a slicker way to accomplish this?

Posted via CB10
    Just flag it. That puts it in Remember under flagged messages.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    12-25-14 03:07 PM