It probably works 95% of the time, but occasionally glance over at my phone and not see the flashing light, and then open it anyway and realize I received a text message or email 30mins ago. And it's not that I simply can't see it flashing due to sun glare I already considered that. Also, if I get an email or message overnight while I'm asleep then by morning the phone will sometimes have stopped flashing. Is this to preserve battery?

Just to be clear, I am not complaining at all because clearly it's not a big deal and I adore my Q10. But I'm curious about it and wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience.
    11-24-14 12:53 PM
    Sometimes you have to enable this function through Notifications. There you can customize you application/person notifications.
    11-24-14 01:03 PM
    Happens to me all the time... with every new/refurbished phone i get... i figure the OS is just still buggy
    11-24-14 01:27 PM
    I get this as well. And it seems hit and miss at times but usually works. I just reboot my phone after this occurs. But still would be nice to know why this occurs?
    11-24-14 01:43 PM
    It probably works 95% of the time, but occasionally glance over at my phone and not see the flashing light, and then open it anyway and realize I received a text message or email 30mins ago. And it's not that I simply can't see it flashing due to sun glare I already considered that. Also, if I get an email or message overnight while I'm asleep then by morning the phone will sometimes have stopped flashing. Is this to preserve battery?

Just to be clear, I am not complaining at all because clearly it's not a big deal and I adore my Q10. But I'm curious about it and wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience.
    This is by design, sadly. The LED will only remain active for 15 minutes upon receiving a new notification.

I really wish it would stay active until I check my phone. If you really must have that feature, there's an app called BeBuzz that I've been told on this forum fixes that, but I haven't tried it.
    11-25-14 12:21 AM
    ah this explains it! thanks
    11-25-14 12:05 PM