You would have thought they'd make the keyboard the same as the 9990 Bold one, meaning half a smiley.

I found the Q10 straight keyboard to be difficult to type on

Posted via CB10
    Frehley and AthenaSmith like this.
    11-24-14 02:59 AM
    You would have thought they'd make the keyboard the same as the 9990 Bold one, meaning half a smiley.

I found the Q10 straight keyboard to be difficult to type on

Posted via CB10
    ROFL. Not because of your opinion, because many 9900 user have been say this for 6 months, but BB won't listen. The ergonomic pkb of the 9900 is the best, especially when your using only one hand. The thumb just flows across the curved pkb.

Edited:
    BTW: I use to type 80wpm on a desk top. 2 weeks ago I chopped my fore finger with a chop saw. I can actually type 4 times faster with 2 thumbs on the 9900.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 11-24-14 at 10:46 PM.
    Halifax Guy likes this.
    11-24-14 01:06 PM
    Just pulled out my 9930 to refresh my memory...yep, still like it better than my Q10 keyboard. Not sure why, since they're doing the whole "Classic" thing, that they didn't go back to the smile again.
    Mr4aces and Frehley like this.
    11-24-14 01:52 PM
    Yes I'm also disappointed with the lack of curved keyboard

I don't like the keyboard of my Q10 compared to 9900.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-24-14 05:29 PM
    I'm willing to bet it's partially due to achieving maximum screen real estate, and partially due to that style keyboard looking too much like BBOS phones. The straight keyboard with the frets looks more modern, but i agree the curved keyboard is more thumb friendly.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-24-14 06:11 PM
    You'll get used to it. I moved from those devices too, I agree they are quicker to get used to, but you will get used to the straight one as well.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-24-14 06:30 PM
    It's probably cheaper to manufacture a straight keyboard vs a curved one. Also since foxconn is manufacturing it, they could be cutting corners production wise to save costs and lastly since it's aimed at more of an enterprise crowd they think they might not care or notice and that "a keyboard" is good enough.

John Chen if you're reading this make sure to face palm yourself because once again you're not listening to the market!
    11-24-14 11:38 PM
    It's probably cheaper to manufacture a straight keyboard vs a curved one. Also since foxconn is manufacturing it, they could be cutting corners production wise to save costs and lastly since it's aimed at more of an enterprise crowd they think they might not care or notice and that "a keyboard" is good enough.

John Chen if you're reading this make sure to face palm yourself because once again you're not listening to the market!
    The straight key board design was most likely determined last Spring from existing people in the R & D department that never owned a Bold. The ergonomic keyboard is something that has to grow on you, without owning one you will never know how smooth and natural typing is.

Once the wheels started it was to late to stop.
    So we are stuck with it and time to move on.

RIP ergonomic key boards.
    11-25-14 02:19 AM

Hahaha lol...if anyone needs a face palm it's yourself lol.

Chen is or has listened to the market, that's why the classic was produced ;-). He just hasn't listened to you and a few others having fits over the straight keyboard designs now.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 12:38 PM
    My guess is to save space. Sure, I liked my 9930 smile better than Q10, but I wouldn't not buy the classic. It's still so far superior to a touch screen keyboard.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    Mr4aces and Plazmic Flame like this.
    11-25-14 12:57 PM
    My guess is moving to a curved keyboard provides an easy upgrade path for BlackBerry on future devices, as well as using up leftover Q10 keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 08:53 PM
    My guess is moving to a curved keyboard provides an easy upgrade path for BlackBerry on future devices, as well as using up leftover Q10 keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    The keyboard on the Classic would be bigger. It goes edge to edge just like the Q10, but the Classic is a bigger device.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 09:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's not the same as the Q10 keyboard. The space between the rows are smaller and the entire keyboard is wider, meaning the keys are slightly larger...

11-25-14 09:05 PM
    It's not the same as the Q10 keyboard. The space between the rows are smaller and the entire keyboard is wider, meaning the keys are slightly larger...

My 9930 keyboard was the best I've ever used. My Q10 gets a solid 85 pts. (vs. the 9930's 100 pts.) Maybe the compromises on the Classic will bring it up to 9930 levels.
    11-25-14 10:20 PM
    Hahaha lol...if anyone needs a face palm it's yourself lol.

Chen is or has listened to the market, that's why the classic was produced ;-). He just hasn't listened to you and a few others having fits over the straight keyboard designs now.

Posted via CB10
    In that case John Chen if you're reading this invite me to Waterloo so we can double face palm together!

It's no big deal really, I'm sure I'll get used to it, I just really liked the look of the curved vs straight keyboard, can't have it all though.

Classic Keyboard-jiffm.jpg
    11-26-14 12:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    But I don't think you save that much space just because of it is straight instead of curved. Only slightly space, that shouldn't be a problem.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-26-14 05:13 AM
    Maybe the straight keyboard is for ease of transition from VKB, since all of those are straight.
    11-26-14 05:53 AM
    I'm another one disappointed that the Classic has a straight keyboard. I was hoping for a curved one like that of the Bold 9900, which is hands-down the best keyboard they've made. Hopefully the keyboard of the Classic 2 will be curved.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-26-14 06:16 PM
    I'm another one disappointed that the Classic has a straight keyboard. I was hoping for a curved one like that of the Bold 9900, which is hands-down the best keyboard they've made. Hopefully the keyboard of the Classic 2 will be curved.

Posted via CB10
    If you could see me, I would be bowing down to you.

RIP ergonomic keyboard
    11-26-14 10:38 PM
    The Classic doesn't have the smile because it's all serious business.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 07:17 AM