Hi guys!

I'm keen to try this new passport gem anywhere in Melbourne's cbd. Anyone knows any shop I can to and try it? I hoped that Optus would have it in stores by now, but no luck yet, I haven't seen any.

Cheers
    A.

(Bold9870 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10 )
    11-23-14 02:06 PM
    Hi guys!

I'm keen to try this new passport gem anywhere in Melbourne's cbd. Anyone knows any shop I can to and try it? I hoped that Optus would have it in stores by now, but no luck yet, I haven't seen any.

Cheers
    A.

Hi there from Vancouver Canada.
    I just checked Hutch/Voda, Telstra and Optus and only Optus carries any BlackBerry devices at all and that's just the Z10 at the moment.
    It seems that you've got to order one from Optus, first, and have it dropped to the store (I might be mistaken).

I might suggest that you contact the "Optus World" store in Melbourne at the Target Centre: Target Centre, Shop 18, 222 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000

Seems to me that this would be the best place in the CBD to make inquiries.

Happy hunting!
    11-23-14 02:47 PM
    EDIT: The phone number for the Optus World store in Melbourne is: (03) 9663 4888
    Cheers!
    11-23-14 02:48 PM
    Hi there AladarMezga,
    Optus have unfortunately stated that they will not be stocking the Passport online, but many have gotten it from Optus. https://community.optus.com.au/t5/Mo...p/94729#U94729
    This is the thread for the Optus Community forums which will tell you everything you need.
    11-23-14 09:12 PM
    The price of Blackberry Passport in AU is crazy. I'm in Sydney and ask the information in Optus, however, I select to buy it on Amazon US. 499USD
    11-24-14 03:50 AM
    That's as may be, but you're paying for local warranty and local power adaptor. Most Australian stuff is expensive. I went on a plan with Optus when I purchased my Passport and I have the satisfaction of knowing that should there be any faults with the device in the next two years that Optus are under obligation to repair or replace it.
    11-24-14 03:57 PM
    Thanks guys for your thoughts.

I went to the store on Bourke street and a guy just confirmed what has been said above. They are not stocking passport in stores at all and only way to get it is via a contract.

I'm with Telstra, so I have only one option to search for the best deal from an online shop. Amazon deals look so far the best to me.

Cheers and beers.
    A.

11-27-14 12:15 AM
    I got mine on a plan from an Optus store. It took about a month after I asked them to get one, but I got it. Brilliant phone. Best smartphone I have had by a mile. And I have had several.
    11-27-14 04:51 AM
    It's an amazing phone. I got mine on contract as an upgrade from Optus out in Knox.

It seems big when your first get it, but now when I pick up my Z10 it feels so small.

My only issue is that there is no BlackBerry soft case for it that has the magnets for holster controls. I bought some sh1t cover from China that my mum could've knocked up in 30 seconds on her sewing machine.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 04:58 AM
    I heard that Telstra is currently testing the Passport and once they've finished, the beast will be released!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 05:01 AM