Folks,
    I am a relatively new Z30 owner but had a Z10 prior to this since the 10.0 days. I ran my 30 with the pre-installed version of 10.2.1 for a week or so, then tried 10.3.1.1016 for a week or so, via autoloader. I found this too glitchy, so went back to 10.2.1.3442 via autoloader. This has been running for a few weeks now with no issues, until a few days ago: First thing I noticed was, that when I opened the calendar app, it was defaulting to the wrong month. Then I saw that the clock was wrong. I tried turning the auto date/time off and on, the auto- timezone, both with no joy. I set the time manually, but it seemed to drift when the phone was off. I eventually turned the auto date/time back on, and it seemed ok for a while, until today.

Today, the calendar defaulted to the wrong date and time again, and I saw that the problem had returned. The date it changes to is always 14 October 2014, with a time around 17:00.

This time, I went for the heavy guns - I security-wiped the phone and started from scratch. The problem was still there! I searched the forum and found a similar thread re leaked builds of 10.3.1, where system date and time keeps reverting to the build date and time of the O2 files. I used the workaround from this, which is setting the auto date/time off, rebooting the phone, then turning the auto date/time back on. This has worked for now.

Any suggestions as to what is causing this and how to prevent it? I use a BlackBerry because I want a rock solid, reliable phone. This is annoying. Kind of wishing I had stuck with the pre-installed OS...

STA100-2 on EE UK

Posted via CB10
    Centerman66 likes this.
    11-22-14 07:07 PM
    D'oh Mods - please correct typo in title? Ta

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 07:08 PM
    Correct the tittle for you, and I think BlackBerry aware of this issue hope they fix this soon enough
    11-22-14 07:14 PM
    Thanks mate

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 07:15 PM
    *bump*

Have tried 10.3.1.1954 for a while now, and this issue persists, on a daily basis. I've now reverted to official firmware by using SICwipe and then installing Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442 via Link. With the auto date/time and auto timezone options enabled, the bug persists.

This is surely a major flaw - I can't rely on the Z30 to stay on top of calendar appointments or to timestamp incoming SMS or BBM correctly. BBM and SMS 'disappear' once the toast notification expires, while this bug is in effect. Anyone have a viable workaround? How do I check if this is on BBRY's bugtracker?

Thanks in advance,

Niall

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:13 PM
    Could this be a carrier issue updating the time or date wrong?
    01-14-15 10:42 PM
    Absolutely - it could be anything, I have not been able to establish the cause. Usman's reply back in November suggests that this is a known OS10 bug. I must admit though, I would have expected more replies if that was the case.

Any more suggestions? I will try leaving the auto date/time off for now.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 04:00 AM
    Hi
    I have same problem with suddenly changed date/time in my Z30.
    I have tried different OS to install, but no luck. It may happen once per day, may happen once a week. No ideas?
    01-17-15 08:54 AM
    Most of the time, it's a carrier issue. I once called my carrier to tell them that their system time is 5 minutes off UTC. At first, the customer service representative hesitates to escalate it to technical support thinking I might be nitpicking, but after I said that time is very very important for us working in the aviation industry, she escalated it and fixed within 10 minutes lol

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    FF22 likes this.
    01-18-15 11:44 PM
    But I have turned off Autoupdate time. Only Manual, but it reboots the phone and after it time and date is changed again...
    01-19-15 04:19 AM
    is there a fix to this issue? I’m having the same problem... all of the sudden my z30 goes back to Oct 14th 2014 with wrong time also... I haven’t done anything different to my phone. My career is T-Mobile (EE)
    02-01-15 02:29 PM
    There has to be some explanation about why this happens and it appears that folks get shunted to the same day in October!!!!

I would suggest calling your carrier and have them escalate the call to BB - but only if you are running the official OS. If you are running a leak, they might not be helpful!

edited to fix typo
    Last edited by F2; 02-01-15 at 05:19 PM.
    02-01-15 03:24 PM
    Thus far, a couple of posters that this has happened to have been on EE.

Is this the common factor?

Can anyone else chime in here.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3062 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    02-01-15 04:51 PM
    Mine works as expected.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1133 on Robbers, errr, Rogers.
    02-01-15 06:10 PM
    So I got rid of the Z30, but via an unpleasant experience with Windows Phone 8.1, I have now returned to another Z30.

I was seeing some rebooting, but no date/time issues. I reinstalled the OS to 10.3.1 using autoloader, and boom, the date/time issue came right back.

Previously, when I had this issue, I was unable to reload from Link, as there was a problem with the device updater component, which would try to update itself before downloading the OS, and fail.

Whatever that problem with Link was, it has now resolved itself, and I was able to reload the latest version of 10.3.1 via Link.

This seems to be fixed the problem with my new Z30. It still reboots occasionally, but that's manageable so long as it comes back up at the correct date and time.

Time will tell if this is a permanent fix...

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 06:35 PM
    Back to the same date every time? Groundhog Day, BlackBerry Style!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 12:56 AM
    I have had this same problem since having my Z30 from 10.2.x. I contacted Blackberry support via Twitter and was told to go to my service provider who in turn advised to go back to Blackberry. So no answers, every once in a while phone just resets and has become a routine pest with no confirmation/advice from Blackberry. Shame really... glad to hear someone else is having the same problem. Let alone phone lag, WiFi issues etc from recent 10.3.1... sure they'll get round to doing something about it.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 11:47 AM
    Still having the same date / time issues - it goes back to the release date of current OS. Proving to be frustrating, anyone else on a higher than SR 10.3.1.1784 experiencing this problem or is remedied? Have read newer SR is being pushed in CA. and US.

Also WiFi is hit and miss still too... as well as screen orientation, flickering, in-call volume...

Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 09:37 AM
    Still having the same date / time issues - it goes back to the release date of current OS. Proving to be frustrating, anyone else on a higher than SR 10.3.1.1784 experiencing this problem or is remedied? Have read newer SR is being pushed in CA. and US...

...Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried reloading the OS from scratch using Link? See above, I was able to recreate this issue to a point as per my last post, and it now remains fixed, a good few weeks later.

I am of the opinion that this is almost certainly a software or configuration issue, so I would recommend backing up SMS, contacts etc manually using apps, rather than restoring a device-wide backup.

Niall

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 10:24 AM
    Hi Niall

I have had to wipe and reset my phone a few times with hang ups and a reload due to an error code which required this procedure. Since the updates still have issues. Phone is pretty much stock with no additional apps. I guess it's a problem they will fix eventually but it's getting a bit much every once in a while.

Thanks for your response, got more here than BB Support

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:43 PM
    The same problem is troubling me too.,i'm on 10.3.1.1784 and date and time changes atleast once in a day.I tried changing auto update,but no improvement
    04-10-15 12:48 PM
    The same problem is troubling me too.,i'm on 10.3.1.1784 and date and time changes atleast once in a day.I tried changing auto update,but no improvement
    Have you tried reloading the OS via BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 04:02 PM
    Have you tried reloading the OS via BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    No.,i dont have any other issues other than date and time.
    Does reloading the os remove all the apps and just look like a new phone??
    I'm new to blackberry and trying to learn new things slowly.
    04-11-15 09:39 AM
    No.,i dont have any other issues other than date and time.
    Does reloading the os remove all the apps and just look like a new phone??
    I'm new to blackberry and trying to learn new things slowly.
    Pretty much. Backup unique data. Any apps you have acquired can be downloaded again if you use the same BBID. When you open BB World, you will want to go to Myworld and then at the top AVAILABLE. You can download again.
    04-11-15 10:35 AM
    So now I doubt that I have resolved this issue by reloading the OS, via Link or otherwise.

In the past few days, my Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 has rebooted itself a LOT - maybe 5-6 times some days. I have also seen frequent spontaneous shutdowns, which is, frankly, cr@p. Eventually though, yesterday, it rebooted and went back to the 9 March. This seems to be temporarily resolved by a cold boot (volume key reboot).

This issue has persisted through 2 x Z30 handsets, 2 completely different SD cards, 2 SIM cards, every conceivable type of OS reinstall, and the removal of every removable app from the device. This seems to be some sort of inherent Z30 hardware or OS bug which is related to the environment (i.e. the cellular network) on which I and some others use the devices.

I am going to experiment with a reboot regime (daily restarts, weekly cold-booting) to see if a preventative approach works.

Is there any point in contacting BlackBerry support about this issue? It seems pretty serious, if not widespread.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:54 AM
65 123