When I open contacts I see "linked profiles" in most cases it's SIM, local, gmail or some other provider.
    But on some of them I see this

Additional contact information-img_20141121_005657.png

What is it and where does it come from. Why I cannot remove it?
    I didn't check "Use cloud services to find more information..." in contacts settings.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:00 PM
    Yeah, I see this on some of my contacts too and it makes me mad that it happens because the information held in this "Additional Contact Information" area does not sync or backup to Outlook (which I use for my backup and to get new phone numbers on my laptop from my phone).

I discovered this happens whenever I add new information to an existing contact - say a new email or phone number. It doesn't add it to the existing contact file (for your example, the "Gmail Official" folder. If you tap on it, you can see what information is in there and it might remind you what you did.

Unfortunately, I don't know the best way to keep this from happening. What I end up doing is putting the new info into a new contact and merging it with my existing one. At least it is a file that can be manipulated and backed up, unlike these "Additional Contact Information" files. It sucks and is stupid, but until they fix this, I don't know what else to do.
    11-20-14 07:14 PM
    I had this issue once and it stems from adding non native data to an account, like a phone number to a twitter account, you can do it but it's not synced up right, so it gets saved as additional. I try to keep things simple, 2 Gmail accounts, 1 personal, 1 professional and my Facebook account. The trick is to go through all your contacts and control the data. For example fb stores phone numbers as +12345678901 so if you save numbers in Gmail in the same exact format, then they will merge in contacts as opposed to showing up as two numbers. My suggestion is you delete all your accounts. Scrub your contact data and re merge, all will be well.

Via Z10
    11-20-14 07:54 PM
    The contact application is a complete failure. There has to be a better solution.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 11:24 PM
    This particular contact only has phone number, it's not related to any fb, twitter or anything else.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 09:30 AM