So I don't ask to how we root BlackBerry as it's impossible ;
    I give some reason to do that, and to give some people who think it's a stupid idea to root, a clear view of the point.

I will give some reasons, and everyone are welcome to share his opinion.

1- backup everything!
    Read before giving some unhelpful comments,
    I need to back up, link? No it's not working! Why? When connect me device I get a message telling me that I must complete the settings " the simple one which you get at the first time you run the device " and it also come out with every boot!

The only way as what people tell me, is to wipe!
    Is this a really will solve the problem? I have important data and don't want to lose them!
    So, if there is something like root the BlackBerry system, we will get a chance to back up whatever happens.

2- when you access the system root, you can play with system apps and even make it play what it can't!

Why is that?
    Many people and me want the full access and full features of all Google apps, not because I love Google, but no body of you can say he doesn't use an Android app or maybe want them.
    One more thing to must have Google Play Store, is to be able to get the paid apps, or at least to restore your purchased item if you were using an Android phone before.

These are two, do you have more?
    Share with us, and comment.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:22 AM
    WTF. How does backing up deal with rooting a phone? Google won't code its apps to work with blackberry. If you are hard pressed to use them, get a phone that welcomes that ecosystem it is tailored for.

Why is this even a topic?
    raino and der_mit like this.
    11-18-14 10:30 AM
    BlackBerry has based the entire company on a reputation for security and you're asking for a way to circumvent everything that has built that reputation? For all intents and purposes, a rooted device is no different than a PC infected with a rootkit: there is no way to validate the integrity of the operating system or the device.
    11-18-14 10:31 AM
    So here the people come and comment without reading I'm sure -_-

I know it's impossible, ok?
    And I talked about accessing the BlackBerry system not Google Android, and also say it's impossible at first!

Ok? WTF with you people?

If u think this is was must not to be posted here, ask the admin to delete it

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:44 AM
    WTF. How does backing up deal with rooting a phone? Google won't code its apps to work with blackberry. If you are hard pressed to use them, get a phone that welcomes that ecosystem it is tailored for.

Why is this even a topic?
    To ask for a way to backup full data for the BlackBerry device while can't use link.

To say that we want to get Google apps.

Ok?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:47 AM
    To ask for a way to backup full data for the BlackBerry device while can't use link.

To say that we want to get Google apps.
    There are apps in blackberry world for you to backup whatever you want.

Ok?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:50 AM
    What this comment is about?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 11:09 AM
    So here the people come and comment without reading I'm sure -_-

I know it's impossible, ok?
    And I talked about accessing the BlackBerry system not Google Android, and also say it's impossible at first!

Ok? WTF with you people?

If u think this is was must not to be posted here, ask the admin to delete it

Posted via CB10
    Why start a post about something that is impossible? It is a waste of time as it isn't going to happen. There is no reason good enough to have root access.
    11-18-14 11:39 AM
    Rooted or not, you will never be able to get Google Services to run. The runtime itself will not work with it.

You can get paid apps. First buy them on your desktop, then you will be able to download and install them with Snap.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1151
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-14 11:51 AM
    Can I ask how rooting has anything to do with backup?
    The only pro I can see for root is being able to make GSF work
    But even if that works, it has no access to the QNX portion of the system, so it still can't do any backup...
    Remember back to the dingleberry days and think how much the rooted playbook could do? Not that much
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    11-18-14 12:01 PM
    Rooted or not, you will never be able to get Google Services to run. The runtime itself will not work with it.

You can get paid apps. First buy them on your desktop, then you will be able to download and install them with Snap.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1151
    Lol, don't kidding me please!
    I'm talking about in app purchase!
    So do you think there is anyway for it except through full access to Google App?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 01:58 PM
    If you were able to root it, yes, you can do pretty much what you want. Hell, you could even put a full Android OS on there with a lot of know how (and don't ask me how, I don't have a clue where to start). I'm not saying it will be easy, but it can be done.

I don't buy the BlackBerry Rooting is impossible. Everything is hackable. BlackBerry doesn't make the best security in the world. They're good, but not the best. Everything is hackable, you just need to find the right method.

But back on topic, yes. You can replace the stub that BlackBerry has placed for the Google Play Services. You can alter the Android Runtime. Even replace whole files with a little know how. Everything BlackBerry has put in the place will be pretty much useless once the phone is rooted. You can have all the Google apps you want and tweak the OS to run better and make it more compatible

Posted via CB10
    Sad Hero likes this.
    11-18-14 02:13 PM
    Lol, don't kidding me please!
    I'm talking about in app purchase!
    So do you think there is anyway for it except through full access to Google App?

Posted via CB10
    You actually wrote "to get the paid apps".

But ok, if you're talking about in-app purchases you're out of luck. Impossible. Period. Full stop. End of story. We will never get Google Services. Rooting wouldn't help.

If you're a software engineer, you could write your own OS, root the phone and install it . It won't be a BlackBerry anymore.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1151
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-14 03:43 PM
    If you were able to root it, yes, you can do pretty much what you want. Hell, you could even put a full Android OS on there with a lot of know how (and don't ask me how, I don't have a clue where to start). I'm not saying it will be easy, but it can be done.

I don't buy the BlackBerry Rooting is impossible. Everything is hackable. BlackBerry doesn't make the best security in the world. They're good, but not the best. Everything is hackable, you just need to find the right method.

But back on topic, yes. You can replace the stub that BlackBerry has placed for the Google Play Services. You can alter the Android Runtime. Even replace whole files with a little know how. Everything BlackBerry has put in the place will be pretty much useless once the phone is rooted. You can have all the Google apps you want and tweak the OS to run better and make it more compatible

Posted via CB10
    I think you have a lot of wishful thinking and nothing based in reality. People have tried rooting and have only succeeded in in version of the Playbook. Other than that, nothing has been done, even at the Blackhat conferences and they are the best at hacking. The fact that they found nothing of use to hack BB10 tells you something.
    habs_fan, Mecca EL and BDLIVE4463 like this.
    11-18-14 04:23 PM
    Why not just get a phone you can do what you want with? If you can root you can make it secure yourself or be smart with it.

Edit: Is this duckduck or whatever it was?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-14 04:27 PM
    In theory BB can be hacked.... all you need to do is break into the device... unencrypt the encrypted eprom that controls and verify the boot loader... burn it onto new eprom that the device would accept......then unencrypt the boot loader.... then figure out how to actually root the loader... in the case of BB10 what does it give you ... not a whole lot.... Until BB gets permission to use Google play you will never see it implemented in the OS... so again to the OS.. what is the point????
    eddy_berry likes this.
    11-18-14 04:31 PM
    I think you have a lot of wishful thinking and nothing based in reality. People have tried rooting and have only succeeded in in version of the Playbook. Other than that, nothing has been done, even at the Blackhat conferences and they are the best at hacking. The fact that they found nothing of use to hack BB10 tells you something.
    People aren't the best at Blackhat conferences. And it's not wishful thinking. Rooting removes security. That's what it is. Finding a way to do it is tough. Probably near impossible. But not impossible

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 05:03 PM
    Because with root, all your base are belong to us!
    11-18-14 05:15 PM
    People aren't the best at Blackhat conferences. And it's not wishful thinking. Rooting removes security. That's what it is. Finding a way to do it is tough. Probably near impossible. But not impossible

Posted via CB10
    Then why has all those that had Dingleberry given up? Because it is way too hard or almost impossible.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-14 05:17 PM
    In theory BB can be hacked.... all you need to do is break into the device... unencrypt the encrypted eprom that controls and verify the boot loader... burn it onto new eprom that the device would accept......then unencrypt the boot loader.... then figure out how to actually root the loader... in the case of BB10 what does it give you ... not a whole lot.... Until BB gets permission to use Google play you will never see it implemented in the OS... so again to the OS.. what is the point????
    This.

There's a lot more than just rooting with software involved. You'd have to deal with the hardware side as well. And how would you do that, exactly?

Remember, too, the android runtime is just that... a runtime. Not a full OS. Tools for rooting android don't work because most of what gets rooted just isn't there. The QNX kernel is not android and doesn't follow all the same file system rules even though both OSes are offshoots of Unix. They are like extreme distant cousins.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-14 05:50 PM
    All you need to do

I already have a signed unlocked bootrom for Z10 STL 100-1. How are you going to flash it on to the device though?
    spike12 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-19-14 12:00 AM
    There is no point. Unless the point is to just get an Android.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-14 12:34 AM
    WTF!!! Go get an Android phone! I read every word and you want an Android phone! What has anything you say got to do with owning a Blackberry? Go ahead and root it! WTF!!!

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    11-19-14 12:54 AM
    Link works...download latest version.
    Asked and answered... )

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1151
    11-19-14 01:19 AM
    WTF!!! Go get an Android phone! I read every word and you want an Android phone! What has anything you say got to do with owning a Blackberry? Go ahead and root it! WTF!!!

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    I have Note 2

I get a BlackBerry because it's out of your business which I choose, and I don't talk about hacking the android.

We don't need to talk about this more

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 03:57 PM
64 123