It would be nice to be able to toggle hotspot, flashlight, wifi, airplane mode, notifications, etc on the lock screen without having to unlock the device.
    Of course not all menu items should be available, such as settings, but it's a hassle to have to unlock the device when I want to just enable/disable hotspot only.

Any way to do this, or is this possibly coming in the future BB10 updates?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 08:11 AM
    Maybe in the futur but it's in the Os now
    11-16-14 08:22 AM
    Request it at icanmakeitbetter

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-16-14 08:29 AM
    Imo the more crap you put on the lock screen, the less it becomes a lock screen

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    Qaddafi, der_mit, baarn and 1 others like this.
    11-16-14 12:31 PM
    Imo the more crap you put on the lock screen, the less it becomes a lock screen

I'd have to agree.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry Passport.
    der_mit likes this.
    11-16-14 12:35 PM
    Ultimately, you can't satisfy every circumstance or individual need. If they did that, you'd gave a thread from someone else complaining about it in now time.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 12:38 PM
    I'd have to agree.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry Passport.
    I'd have to agree too... that stuff would make blackberry more androidish...

I just can't accept that...

Pearl----Curve----Z10
    MrDoreth and der_mit like this.
    11-16-14 12:54 PM
    I fail to understand some of the comments.
    Why is it bad because it makes Blackberry "more like Android"?
    Blackberry already got a huge amount of blood transplanted from Android - apps.

Besides, I don't see why having a quick settings access would be problematic for some, as surely there can (and should) be an option to disable it for those who don't want it.
    I don't care if it's not Android-like or Apple-like.
    If it doesn't do what I need it to do, it loses its value in my books.
    Not that this issue rises to that level, but you get the point.

I also don't see the point about lock screen being less like a lock screen. If I could I would get rid of it. In fact that's what I do on my iPad with a tweak from Cydia. Never saw anything desirable about the very idea of a lock screen - to me lock screen is always a necessary evil, necessary because of security issues but otherwise something I would prefer not to be there.

Anyway, interesting how one would intend to spite someone else for no gain, as lock screen quick settings access can be purely an option. Like two finger swipe down from the top of the screen, like accessing quick settings from the apps. No harm to anyone about that, I'd think.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:02 AM
    I fail to understand some of the comments.
    Why is it bad because it makes Blackberry "more like Android"?
    Blackberry already got a huge amount of blood transplanted from Android - apps.

Besides, I don't see why having a quick settings access would be problematic for some, as surely there can (and should) be an option to disable it for those who don't want it.
    I don't care if it's not Android-like or Apple-like.
    If it doesn't do what I need it to do, it loses its value in my books.
    Not that this issue rises to that level, but you get the point.

I also don't see the point about lock screen being less like a lock screen. If I could I would get rid of it. In fact that's what I do on my iPad with a tweak from Cydia. Never saw anything desirable about the very idea of a lock screen - to me lock screen is always a necessary evil, necessary because of security issues but otherwise something I would prefer not to be there.

Anyway, interesting how one would intend to spite someone else for no gain, as lock screen quick settings access can be purely an option. Like two finger swipe down from the top of the screen, like accessing quick settings from the apps. No harm to anyone about that, I'd think.

Posted via CB10
    For starters, having toggles on the lockscreen could lead to security vulnerability. Anyway, never mind that.

You wanted an option to disable lockscreen. Go to settings, security &privacy, lockscreen and toggle "Allow power/lock key to unlock device" to on. You can now use your power button to unlock phone. The lockscreen will never come up unless you swipe up to unlock.
    Is there a way to access quick settings menu from the lock screen?-img_20141117_200733.png

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 08:40 AM
    Lol then just remove the lock screen and the power button would not go to the lock screen anymore. A password less lock screen is imo the same as what you want so what's the point of this thread?

11-17-14 02:49 PM
    Lol had a friend with years and years of school ebooks on his ipad stolen because he didn't have a password. They turned off the Internet and now he can't track it.

Anyways imagine there was a lock screen with password but people could toggle stuff on and off like that. What's the point of a password? None in that scenario

11-17-14 02:50 PM
    Lol had a friend with years and years of school ebooks on his ipad stolen because he didn't have a password. They turned off the Internet and now he can't track it.

Anyways imagine there was a lock screen with password but people could toggle stuff on and off like that. What's the point of a password? None in that scenario

At the moment you can chose your toggles so ectually if you can chose the toggles you want on your lockscreen you can still keep it safe. Like BT or screenrotation ...
    11-26-14 07:01 AM
    No you can't, that's the point of a lock screen!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 08:10 AM
    At the moment you can chose your toggles so ectually if you can chose the toggles you want on your lockscreen you can still keep it safe. Like BT or screenrotation ...
    Screen rotate to read what? The clock screen? See the wallpaper better? It's called a LOCK(ED) screen

11-30-14 12:34 AM
    Screen rotate to read what? The clock screen? See the wallpaper better? It's called a LOCK(ED) screen

I give some examples of the possibilities we have right now. Sure that BlackBerry will find something to help these people out. At the moment we can chose what we want in our Quick Settings and maybe if we are patient enough BlackBerry will add a feature in the 10.3.2 or something like that.
    For example:
    For those who want it. Go into Settings �Quick Settings�and toggle on Quick Settings on Lockscreen. That's a way to let people chose what they want.

Posted with my awesome ? Z10
    11-30-14 05:59 AM
    I would love to have just two things available through Quick Settings from the lock screen: 1) to be able to Mute the phone quickly, 2) to turn on the Airplane Mode. These two will be really handy when attending meetings and for traveling.
    11-30-14 12:36 PM

Hahahahah
    11-30-14 12:48 PM
    I thought purpose of a lock screen was to in fact lock the device. If you need to change a setting, would you not need to unlock the device?

Personally, this would not be something useful in the least. To me anyways.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 12:57 PM
    I'd like to see the flashlight available opposite the camera icon on the lock screen

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 07:18 PM
    I want it too, especially when I need to quickly access the flashlight.

Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.0.1418 - "I WANT A BIGASS BB10 WITH A BIGASS SCREEN! 6INCH BABY! 6 FREAKIN INCH!"
    11-30-14 07:22 PM
    I thought purpose of a lock screen was to in fact lock the device. If you need to change a setting, would you not need to unlock the device?

Personally, this would not be something useful in the least. To me anyways.

Posted via CB10
    Generally true, but it would make sense to have some settings accessible without the need to unlock (of course, if it could be done without compromising the security). It would be similar to being able to answer calls from the lock screen. One such case is the ability to mute the phone, which will be very handy in meetings.
    11-30-14 07:33 PM
    I would love to have just two things available through Quick Settings from the lock screen: 1) to be able to Mute the phone quickly, 2) to turn on the Airplane Mode. These two will be really handy when attending meetings and for traveling.
    Yes, very handy for someone who wants to steal your phone and cut immediately BlackBerry Protect. He cuts the network and you can't send ring command or erase the device remotely. Now, on Q10/Z10 it's easy just to pull the battery, but what about Z30/Passport?

Any access to phone settings must be password protected. It's a basic security requirement.
    11-30-14 10:46 PM
    Yes, very handy for someone who wants to steal your phone and cut immediately BlackBerry Protect. He cuts the network and you can't send ring command or erase the device remotely. Now, on Q10/Z10 it's easy just to pull the battery, but what about Z30/Passport?

Any access to phone settings must be password protected. It's a basic security requirement.
    If the choice is given to the owner to activate or turn off the option, what would be the difference between this and the owner deciding not to put a password on the device to unlock?

Okay, fine, no option to turn the Airplane Mode on or off, but how about allowing to mute the phone? Any phone that targets professionals should allow turning off the volume without the need to go through several steps to do it. It's a must have in the business world!
    11-30-14 11:46 PM
    If the choice is given to the owner to activate or turn off the option, what would be the difference between this and the owner deciding not to put a password on the device to unlock?

Okay, fine, no option to turn the Airplane Mode on or off, but how about allowing to mute the phone? Any phone that targets professionals should allow turning off the volume without the need to go through several steps to do it. It's a must have in the business world!

Is there a way to access quick settings menu from the lock screen?-img_20141130_235325.png
    11-30-14 11:53 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141130_235325.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	317908
    Thanks for pointing this out. This option is currently not available on my Z10, Q10, or Z30 (I believe it will come with 10.3....). Either way, unless I am misreading the option, flipping the phone when it's ringing does not seem to be the same as putting the phone on Mute, in which case it won't ring at all.
    12-01-14 12:46 AM
26 12