I want someone to explain me, in layman's language, ofcourse, that how good is telegram security is and how the same is compare to BBM ? Further begin LLP in Berlin it definitely enjoy right to privacy but how the same is different from CANADA Blackberry? I really want to use the app but before checking the water. Hoping some IT Professional. Will able to answer my query well.

Thank you

Posted via CB10 On Z3
    11-16-14 01:13 AM
    According to these guys, it's not as secure as they claim:

Crypto Fails ? Telegram's Cryptanalysis Contest

Telegram, AKA ?Stand back, we have Math PhDs!? ? Unhandled expression

I don't understand everything they're talking about, but there has been a discussion between the authors and the Telegram devs for a while. Keep in mind that Telegram's popularity makes it more open for criticism. There are many other secure app alternatives out there, and their lack of popularity means you won't be reading as much about them as you would about Telegram.

Telegram got lucky and received a large number of subscribers during Whatsapp's server outage when Whatsapp transitioned to Facebook ownership.

Also, take a look at this for a comparison between BBM and other apps:

https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard

I personally don't fully agree with their scorecard and feel that it is favoring open source code. There are pros and cons to both, really. Take a look at Wickr. It scored low, but it's one of the few (or only) apps that don't require ANY information when you register, has end-to-end encryption, and they've been audited by at least one or two auditors.

TextSecure is a great option too, but unfortunately, it's not cross-platform yet. I'd consider it if I am able to use it to communicate with iPhone users.
    11-16-14 02:47 AM
    I want someone to explain me, in layman's language, ofcourse, that how good is telegram security is and how the same is compare to BBM ? Further begin LLP in Berlin it definitely enjoy right to privacy but how the same is different from CANADA Blackberry? I really want to use the app but before checking the water. Hoping some IT Professional. Will able to answer my query well.

Thank you

Posted via CB10 On Z3
    Telegram > BMM
    Telegram < BBM Protect
    11-20-14 08:22 PM