Had problem with Z10 voicemail tonite. Some kind of ATT signal corruption. First voice mail tech read his script...tried hard but could not fix it. BUT knew enough to advance me up to next level. Got help...this guy is THE best ATT tech guy I've ever worked with. Diagnosed it in 3 minutes. Got it on path for resending voice mail patch I was missing. And get this...has a Z 10 himself, misses his Torch like I do my Bold, wants a Passport like I want a Classic, does sideloads and OS leaks, knows who Chen is, knew about big ShopBB sale, and has his colleagues mock him for using a BB. And also like us is convinced if people actually used a Z10 or 30, they would change their minds. It was SO refreshing to talk with someone who knows and appreciates these devices. Made me want to get his direct line for any future needs!
    Plazmic Flame and BionicKris like this.
    11-15-14 10:59 PM
    Follow up update...bad news...the tech I mentioned was a great guy. But the fix he recommended did not work. No effect at all. So another 2 hours invested with advanced tech support on Monday...and led to no where. Complete dead end. She was pleasant enough, seemed skilled tho definitely not familiar with BB. Finally, I thanked her and ended the call. Decided to follow my intuition...unloaded the 10.3 leak and returned to the highest ATT OS...and voice mail returned as designed.

So whether the leak caused the problem or the leak prevented the fix, I don't know. But it has sobered me from using a leak (which I've done happily with various ones all this year) until the official 10.3.1 comes out this winter. Phone now is running fine...and the official 10.2.1.3014 isn't all that bad at all.

Note to others...leaks have their advantages....but some things are just not going to work or be able to be tech repaired. it's the cost of doing business if using leaks.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:01 AM
    When you installed 10.3.1 did you wipe first and start clean or was it an in-place upgrade from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1? If a clean install, did you restore data and settings from bblink?

If you tried any scenario other than a clean installation without restoring settings from a previous OS, try a 100% clean install and see if that fixes your vm problem. You'll have to spend time setting up sounds and preferences but it will eliminate any variables in OS and app settings corrupting the new OS.

[CB10 / Q10]
    11-20-14 06:39 AM
    Which leak did you use because I've loaded leaks on my q10 and z10 all variants and still get voicemail on all of them. I use the autoloader, then do a security wipe because if I don't the radios are jacked up. I also don't restore anything.
    11-20-14 07:45 AM
    Good ideas both. It was an odd thing. Was running a 10.3.1.1016 autoload from the max ATT OS. Went from that up. Odd thing was that it worked fine since Labor Day. Then one afternoon it just corrupted. I could get Visual Voice mail in my hub but not in my press 1 on the dial pad.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 02:05 PM