Hey CrackBerry!
    I started making a PushBullet client for BlackBerry 10 and now it is finally available in the BlackBerry World! The app was ready from 2 weeks, but it had some problems with the submission process.
    PushPlane - a native headless client for PushBullet-pushbullet_250.png
    Download PushPlane
    (Half price for the first week!)

If you have any question, please live chat with me on my BBM channel

Want to send a quick link from PC to your BlackBerry�? Want to quickly share a file your PC? Or maybe get an alert whenever someone tags you in a picture on Facebook? This is possible with PushPlane!

PushPlane is a native client for Pushbullet.com, an amazing online service that makes it easy to send pictures, files, links, and more to your devices. It provides a simple and easy to use interface that is written using BlackBerry� Cascades and it is headless too, so you don't need to run the app to receive notifications.
    Sharing things with this app is super easy and amazingly fast:
    - Push a link to your phone by just right-clicking on it on your computer or from the share menu on BlackBerry�
    - Send a note to your devices within seconds
    - Send pictures and other files to your phone wirelessly from your computer and open them right from the notification. No more digging things out of your email inbox or Dropbox.
    - Send any address over to your phone to look it up easily
    - Make a to-do list and push it to your BlackBerry�, so you can easily check it out on the go
    - Copy any text on your PC and directly paste it on your device or vice versa!

Furthermore, you can use third party services like IFTTT.com and Zapier.com (business oriented) to receive notifications and alerts from social networks, sport magazines and many other online services. Here are some examples that demonstrate how you can use this feature:
    - Get notified when your favourite team starts a game
    - Automatically receive an alert when you are tagged in a picture on Facebook
    - Get notified whenever a new item is added to an RSS feed (useful for news websites)
    - Get a notification when someone posts a new picture on Instagram

NOTE FOR 10.3.1 USERS: The OS you are using is still in beta, therefore you might have some issues with the app. Please contact me for more info.
    Attached Thumbnails PushPlane - a native headless client for PushBullet-img_20141223_153059.png   PushPlane - a native headless client for PushBullet-img_20141220_195115.png   PushPlane - a native headless client for PushBullet-img_20141224_003225.png   PushPlane - a native headless client for PushBullet-img_20141220_000324.png   PushPlane - a native headless client for PushBullet-img_20141102_010523.png  

PushPlane - a native headless client for PushBullet-img_20141221_194346.jpg   PushPlane - a native headless client for PushBullet-img_20141101_232906.png   PushPlane - a native headless client for PushBullet-img_20141031_210131.png  
    Last edited by daljit97; 01-07-15 at 07:27 AM.
    11-14-14 03:39 PM
    Congratulations Daljit!

Well done!
    While Android and iOS has only a single client BlackBerry will have after we are done with our clients 2 native apps the users are able to chose out of.
    Last edited by QtHelex; 11-14-14 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typo
    Hlao-roo likes this.
    11-14-14 03:45 PM
    Congratulations Daljit!

Well done!
    While Android and iOS has only a single client BlackBerry will have after are done with our clients 2 native apps the users are able to chose out of.
    Thank you!
    11-14-14 03:47 PM
    Excellent job with the help documentation.
    daljit97 likes this.
    11-14-14 03:55 PM
    Great app with a very good explanation of how it works. Certainly can't go wrong here for just under a dollar.
    Headless, nice Active Frame, different types of Pushes and promises of more to come!

Highly recommended.

Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    daljit97 likes this.
    11-14-14 03:57 PM
    It's likely I'll use PushPlane as my default Pushbullet client (by virtue of it being headless) until BlackBullet is able to incorporate push notifications (which hopefully happens).
    11-14-14 04:02 PM
    Hi, when I click logged in it opens the browser and takes me to a error page on Pushbullet website

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:38 PM
    Works great. Replaces BlackBullet for me.
    daljit97 likes this.
    11-14-14 07:17 PM
    Excellent job with the help documentation.
    Great app with a very good explanation of how it works. Certainly can't go wrong here for just under a dollar.
    Headless, nice Active Frame, different types of Pushes and promises of more to come!

Highly recommended.

Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    Thank you!

Follow my BBM channel
    11-15-14 01:56 AM
    Hi, when I click logged in it opens the browser and takes me to a error page on Pushbullet website

Posted via CB10
    Can you please tell me which OS you are using? I recommend to chat with me on BBM Channel, so I can quickly check your problem.

Follow my BBM channel
    11-15-14 01:57 AM
    isntabought this ;d

firstly, make a dedicated button for menu, because it just unintuitive, same for menu "devices" (tap on logo), which is empty for me for some reason. and add some settings for fonts, or compact mode, because on q10 list of "pushes" looks really bad, 1-1.5 items fits on screen.
    11-15-14 07:29 AM
    isntabought this ;d

firstly, make a dedicated button for menu, because it just unintuitive, same for menu "devices" (tap on logo), which is empty for me for some reason. and add some settings for fonts, or compact mode, because on q10 list of "pushes" looks really bad, 1-1.5 items fits on screen.

Thanks for your feedback. The problem of empty devices, it is specifically related to 10.3.1 (because it is still in beta), but I will work on that. Can you please tell me what menu are referring to? To filter devices? I agree on the Q10 and Q5 appearance, I will optimize this in the next releases.
    11-15-14 07:34 AM
    yeah, i'm on 10.3.1, i read your warning about it in the app, sorry for repeating :d

PushPlane - a native headless client for PushBullet-img_20141115_164021.png

also in menu of choosing device where to send new "push" it shows every device 3 times, except pushplane.

PushPlane - a native headless client for PushBullet-img_20141115_164435.png

i'm realy sorry if all those problems are referring to 10.3.1, i'm using it because of onenote.
    11-15-14 07:45 AM
    also in menu of choosing device where to send new "push" it shows every device 3 times, except pushplane.
    Just restart the app and the problem should be solved (try to log out if it doesn't work).
    KKruglov likes this.
    11-15-14 07:54 AM
    This isn't so much about this app, but I searched forums for IFTTT and nothing really specific to that came up and I didn't want to start a new thread. If I create an IFTTT recipe, and have it go to an Android Notification, will it show up as an Android Notification on my BlackBerry or will it not work and it is best to send to SMS or PushBullet (and download this app or BlackBullet)? Again, sorry for kind of spamming this thread, this looks like a great app and I will certainly download if the answer is 'no' to my question. Thanks.
    11-15-14 08:46 AM
    This isn't so much about this app, but I searched forums for IFTTT and nothing really specific to that came up and I didn't want to start a new thread. If I create an IFTTT recipe, and have it go to an Android Notification, will it show up as an Android Notification on my BlackBerry or will it not work and it is best to send to SMS or PushBullet (and download this app or BlackBullet)? Again, sorry for kind of spamming this thread, this looks like a great app and I will certainly download if the answer is 'no' to my question. Thanks.
    When you make a recipe in IFTTT you can select a "Trigger", this is basically what the app should do when something happens. Now if you select Android Notification, whenever something happens you will receive the notification only on your Android devices. It won't show anywhere else. If you want to receive the notification on BlackBerry, then you have select PushBullet as a trigger, so whenever something happens PushPlane will notify you. My app works also in background, so you don't need to have to leave it open to receive notifications. Hopefully I cleared your doubt.
    Randall Richter likes this.
    11-15-14 08:55 AM
    Thank you. That's what I was asking. I figured some Android apps (few) give you a notification in your hub so I was kind of hopeful that maybe by selecting Android Notification as my "that" then it would show up like that in the hub. I'll just go through PushBullet (and Pushplane). Although I'm on a leak so hopefully it works OK enough. Only one way to find out, thanks again!
    11-15-14 09:13 AM
    Daljit. Can you check into battery consumption. During bedside mode overnight it seems excessive compared to other headless apps
    PushPlane - a native headless client for PushBullet-img_20141115_090335.png

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 09:16 AM
    Daljit. Can you check into battery consumption. During bedside mode overnight it seems excessive compared to other headless apps
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141115_090335.png 
Views:	1345 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	314577

Posted via CB10
    First of all I wouldn't say the battery consumption is excessive, I think it is more than acceptable. I don't think that amount will be a big problem. There are apps that consume much more.
    Having said this, the battery consumption is due to the fact the app needs to stay connected to the Internet so it can provide instant notifications (with no delay). Currently PushBullet doesn't provide the APIs to get full Push notifications, but until that I think this solution is great and the battery impact is minimal.
    Is there anything I can do to make this even better?
    One thing I can do though is provide the possibility to turn off the app, when the phone is bedside mode.

Follow my BBM channel
    Last edited by daljit97; 11-15-14 at 02:58 PM.
    11-15-14 02:37 PM
    First of all I wouldn't say the battery consumption is excessive, I think it is more than acceptable. I don't think that amount will be a big problem. There are apps that consume much more.
    Having said this, the battery consumption is due to the fact the app needs to stay connected to the Internet so it can provide instant notifications (with no delay). Currently PushBullet doesn't provide the APIs to get full Push notifications, but until that I think this solution is great and the battery impact is minimal.
    Is there anything you can do to make this even better?
    One thing I can do though is provide the possibility to turn off the app, when the phone is bedside mode.

Follow my BBM channel
    Turn off during Bedside mode would be great. Here is an updated graph. Not nearly as heavy consumption during awake hours. I did reboot to see if it would help. Will observe tonight during bedside mode. Thanks

PushPlane - a native headless client for PushBullet-img_20141115_145728.png

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 02:59 PM
    Turning it off in bedside mode by default is a good idea since the notifications would be anyway silent during this time.

To the graph above I would like to add that you shouldn't trust it. I have myself no idea what kind of data is exactly included and whats not but it might be basically only the CPU and some other modules and stuff. The only thing you could do is to charge 2 with the same firmware freshly flashed devices to 100%, install PushPlane at one device and at the other one not and compare the impact 24 hours afterwards without touching them in the meantime.
    What I learned during my expirience while developing BaSA was that stuff like the cellular radio is not well covered by the device monitor and in case a user is on LTE the whole thing will need a lot more power compared to a 3G or 2G connection. At least at the Z10 at which I had myself the 4G module mostly turned off because it drains the battery like nothing else. (okay, except a really great Tower Defense game)
    But you won't see it in the graph above despite the fact that your app could be the reason to keep the network connection active. But this detail doesn't get covered by the device monitor.

But thats all theoretical speaking, what counts is how it performs in daily usage. But to be aware of the bedside mode is a very simple but effective improvement, no matter if it has in the end really a big impact or not.

Just some stuff I wanted to add... Had not made any detailed analysis for now myself.
    11-15-14 03:52 PM
    Just bought this app as soon as I saw your first post. Very clearly explained. Works and looks great.
    11-15-14 03:54 PM
    Turning it off in bedside mode by default is a good idea since the notifications would be anyway silent during this time.

To the graph above I would like to add that you shouldn't trust it. I have myself no idea what kind of data is exactly included and whats not but it might be basically only the CPU and some other modules and stuff. The only thing you could do is to charge 2 with the same firmware freshly flashed devices to 100%, install PushPlane at one device and at the other one not and compare the impact 24 hours afterwards without touching them in the meantime.
    What I learned during my expirience while developing BaSA was that stuff like the cellular radio is not well covered by the device monitor and in case a user is on LTE the whole thing will need a lot more power compared to a 3G or 2G connection. At least at the Z10 at which I had myself the 4G module mostly turned off because it drains the battery like nothing else. (okay, except a really great Tower Defense game)
    But you won't see it in the graph above despite the fact that your app could be the reason to keep the network connection active. But this detail doesn't get covered by the device monitor.

But thats all theoretical speaking, what counts is how it performs in daily usage. But to be aware of the bedside mode is a very simple but effective improvement, no matter if it has in the end really a big impact or not.

Just some stuff I wanted to add... Had not made any detailed analysis for now myself.
    Yes, you are right. Sadly, I think Device Monitor is useful only for what is happening "now", because the historical data is most of the time not perfect. I think Blackberry needs to give us something more developer specific for this kind of stuff.

Follow my BBM channel
    11-15-14 04:10 PM
    Yes, you are right. Sadly, I think Device Monitor is useful only for what is happening "now", because the historical data is most of the time not perfect. I think Blackberry needs to give us something more developer specific for this kind of stuff.
    It's a end user feature and not made for developers...

You might get better results using BaSA and the analyze screen together with the readout feature. I guess watching at the power which gets out of the battery won't help here because the difference might be too low. The only reasonable way I could currently think of is by comparing it using 2 devices.
    Running it on the same device behind one another might result also in wrong results because the cellular module needs not only power depending on the connection, but also on the strenght of the signal you get to the next tower. Having here a weaker signal (at exaple because of rain outside) might result here in a result at which the battery gets drained even more without your app installed compared to with it constantly running.

Thats again just theory... but might be a great marketing idea!
    11-15-14 04:21 PM
    Just bought this app as soon as I saw your first post. Very clearly explained. Works and looks great.
    I'm glad you like it, leave a review on BlackBerry World if you want .
    11-15-14 04:51 PM
127 123 ...