I went away for a few weeks and left my phone at home, to come back and find that it was dead. So, I began charging it immediately and after 2-3 hours I noticed that it hadn't turned on yet.

I tried turning it on by holding the power button and that seem to work, the blackberry title appeared and then the loading symbol appeared. It loaded to about 75%, the screen went black and then the red light flashed and held for about 5 seconds and then a lightening bolt appeared on the screen and the led light was flashing yellow really slowly (it's still doing that now).

So, I left it charging for a further 4-5 hours and still nothing, just exactly the same thing happened. The next day I did the same thing but for about 6 hours and it still isn't doing anything, except now the red battery symbol with a lightening bolt appears instead of just a lightening bolt.

I've done some research and looked through other threads with similar issues but nothing is working! I don't mind if I have to completely wipe the phone because there isn't a lot on it but I don't know how to do it if Desktop Manager won't recognize the device and if I can't wipe it on the phone itself through settings!

From what I've gathered, the battery is probably completely dead and just needs charging for a long time but I've been charging it for hours and hours and still nothing!

I would really appreciate some help,

Thank you!
    11-14-14 12:03 PM
    Two easy things you could try are

1: different charger or USB cord, they can get flaky.

2: try leaving it in a sealed sandwich type bag with rice inside just in case some moisture got in and causing these strange problems.

Good Luck

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 02:22 PM
    Okay I shall give these a try!

Thank you
    11-14-14 03:44 PM
    From the Z30 forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=937968

Hope it helps :-)

Apparently devices with non removable batteries *sometimes* have this problem when the battery hits/ is allowed to hit 0.

CB10 @ Q5
    11-15-14 02:16 AM
    Thank you for your suggestion but I'm only a teenager and not really comfortable with pulling my phone apart haha!

I left it to charge over night for a good 9 hours, woke up this morning and still absolutely nothing. Doing the same thing as it has been for 3 days now!
    11-15-14 04:38 AM
    Your phone is still within warranty?
    If yes, then contact your retailer/ point of purchase/ service centre - depending on which country you are in (BlackBerry has totally different warranty policies for different countries).

If out of warranty then take it to some experienced/ BlackBerry authorised phone repair shop (again would depend on how BlackBerry repair/ support operates in your market).

CB10 @ Q5
    11-15-14 08:00 AM
    Yes I think I may have to contact my service provider for a new phone. I knew I would probably have to because I couldn't find any solutions to the problem!

What about all the stuff on my phone though? Should I completely wipe it somehow?
    11-15-14 08:47 AM
    Update: The light is now glowing a green colour, I thought that might mean its charged so I attempted to turn it on (its now been charging for 14 hours straight) and it did the same thing it always does! This time its the red battery symbol with a lightening bolt through it.

I tried connecting to my computer and it did recognise the device. Should I try wiping it with Jl_Cmder?
    11-15-14 08:53 AM
    We're you able to try a different charging cord? I can't help but think your cord might be bad

I've had cords that let my pc see the device but not charge it. There's a message to that effect that shows up on my pc.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 09:01 AM
    No I haven't, that means I'll have to buy one! I'll buy a new charger before I try and do anything else.
    11-15-14 09:09 AM
    Update: I just tried turning it on again, and it loaded completely and then got stuck on the loading screen but the led light was flashing red as if I have a message, and then it stayed that way for about 30 seconds and then it just went back to the usual red battery sign with a lightening bolt and led light flashing yellow/green. Does this mean I should just try to leave it for a while longer and it might work? Seems to be getting a bit better.
    11-15-14 09:38 AM
    Well maybe the existing cord allows a slight charge? There's not another one around to try? You can get new ones pretty cheap at a Dollar store if you have one in your area. Maybe a family member or friend has a cord to try?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 10:18 AM
    Oh I thought those cheap chargers made the battery worse? If not I'll find a cheap one somewhere, thanks!
    11-15-14 10:22 AM
    You probably just need to replace the USB chord (wire) not the charger itself. :-)

CB10 @ Q5
    11-16-14 12:50 PM
    Okay thank you!
    11-16-14 04:47 PM