A Canadian passport has a distinct size that also reflects the size of the Passport device. A Visa credit card also has a distinct size....

Now with this in mind I came up with what I believe the Visa Device may be.

Visa credit card size device + Blend software = Visa wearable cellular device

With the blend software you don't need a cellular device with a LARGE screen, you can use any device (Tablet or PC) with your Visa.

Because of the name, VISA, this device has me intrigued, what do you think is the Visa?

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Kitchener (Canada)
    Last edited by deptech; 11-14-14 at 09:38 AM.
    SubCamp likes this.
    11-14-14 07:05 AM
    Someone has done a lot of thinking this morning!
    11-14-14 07:14 AM
    Really like the way you tought about it.
    BUT, do not expect to much until leaks/pics/info becomes available

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 07:21 AM
    Wait, what? That's not the purpose of the passport.. it's an official identification, stating you nationality among other things. And it doesn't allow you inside a country, but "lets" you out of yours (if you want to put it that way), it's proof that you're a legal citizen of whichever country .

And while they may be the same size, you started the thread with the official visa document, and then swapped to a visa credit card mid thread.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-14-14 07:43 AM

And while they may be the same size, you started the thread with the official visa document, and then swapped to a visa credit card mid thread.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1418
    He only stated that the Visa had a distinct size, not that it's the same size, and then continued to elaborate that he was referring to the cc

This could be an interesting concept, especially if considering the strange new FCC filing. I can't imagine too much use to this but maybe you could provide more insight into your idea?

BB for Life
    deptech likes this.
    11-14-14 09:49 AM
    This could be an interesting concept, especially if considering the strange new FCC filing.
    Except that it's not strange at all?
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    11-14-14 10:26 AM
    Whilst a lot of thinking and good ideas I would throw this out. Generally, device code names don't have anything to do with the device or marketing to be put behind it. Before the Passport was named that, it was Windermere (remember that name?)... In fact, no one had any idea what Windermere was going to be called before it in fact was named Passport. I think someone saw that it was the size of a passport and then they launched marketing with that idea.

Could you be onto something? Quite possible don't get me wrong. But I wouldn't get too excited just yet...
    11-14-14 10:33 AM
    Blend has changed my thoughts on what a cellular device could/should be. Throw in the Product code name VISA, and with what we know of the Passport...you get the picture.

A Visa cc is 85.6mm long by 54mm wide, a 2.5" screen would easily fit in this area, in fact there would still be room for a mini keyboard.

11-14-14 11:05 AM
    Interesting theory...has me thinking also

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:24 AM
    Visa can be a authentication device
    11-14-14 11:31 AM
    The first time I heard the name BB Visa, the document (or stamp inside a Passport [document]) that often accompanies a Passport (to allow entry into some countries) came to mind. Passport (doc) and Visa (doc) are so closely related, I figured that after the Passport phone was released, Visa was just a similar code name for the next phone. Visa, the brand name of a credit card, never crossed my mind.

I think that it would be strange for BB to have a code-name, or a name, of a phone that used a name of another brand (Visa credit card), hence my thinking they are referring to a passport visa.

I wish that Visa (the credit card company) never picked "visa" as a name. It creates unnecessary confusion during conversations where one could be referring to either of the meanings, mind you, these "confusions" are sometimes entertaining to listen to.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    11-14-14 11:40 AM
    I can't believe I did this...lol
    What is the Visa?-visa-concept.jpg

Screen = 2.5"
    OA Length = 85.6mm
    OA Width = 54mm
    Artistic Quality = priceless

11-14-14 12:17 PM
    Except that it's not strange at all?
    It was pointed out that it was unusual compared to prior filings, and the tag was distinctly different. It may not mean anything but the debate continues in the FCC Filing thread

BB for Life
    11-14-14 03:58 PM
    It was pointed out that it was unusual compared to prior filings, and the tag was distinctly different. It may not mean anything but the debate continues in the FCC Filing thread

BB for Life
    It's still the Classic, but the phone diagram used was pretty low-effort when compared to prior filings. That's all you get, once you strip out the pipe dreams.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 08:13 PM
    The first time I heard the name BB Visa, the document (or stamp inside a Passport [document]) that often accompanies a Passport (to allow entry into some countries) came to mind. Passport (doc) and Visa (doc) are so closely related, I figured that after the Passport phone was released, Visa was just a similar code name for the next phone. Visa, the brand name of a credit card, never crossed my mind.

I think that it would be strange for BB to have a code-name, or a name, of a phone that used a name of another brand (Visa credit card), hence my thinking they are referring to a passport visa.
    Was going to make the same point. It makes a lot more sense (to me at least) than thinking 'VISA' has anything to do with a credit card size/like device.
    11-15-14 10:20 AM
    I don't think it's based on the Visa cc (there'd be all sorts of legal battles over using the name if that were the case).

My guess is that it's associated with the Passport, just like a travel visa is - you can have a Passport without a visa, but a visa without a Passport won't get you anywhere. Therefore the BB Visa will be linked in some way, or based upon, the PP.
    11-16-14 04:22 PM
    "What is the Visa?"..... it's that Damn thing in my wallet that's always overdrawn.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry Passport.
    deptech likes this.
    11-16-14 04:31 PM
    A Canadian passport has a distinct size that also reflects the size of the Passport device. A Visa credit card also has a distinct size....

Now with this in mind I came up with what I believe the Visa Device may be.

Visa credit card size device + Blend software = Visa wearable cellular device

With the blend software you don't need a cellular device with a LARGE screen, you can use any device (Tablet or PC) with your Visa.

Because of the name, VISA, this device has me intrigued, what do you think is the Visa?

I'm sorry dude but you've got it all wrong.
    First off Passport is the official name of the device, it's codename was Windermere.
    The device your talking about the "Visa" is simply a codename for the next device we don't know what the name will actually be.
    But BlackBerry is just trying to be cute. Passport and Visa are both items that one must have in order to travel internationally. They're just playing with us.
    Most believe that the Visa device whatever it's final name will be is the sequel to the Torch Slider, but instead of it being a slider it has a 3 row keyboard that folds away into the device.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    11-16-14 05:41 PM
    I can't believe I did this...lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VISA-concept.jpg 
Views:	2879 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	314370

Screen = 2.5"
    OA Length = 85.6mm
    OA Width = 54mm
    Artistic Quality = priceless

Oh I did worst once when I drew a paper cut Passport
    If you make the screen 3 square taller (7 wide and 10 high, more similar to a 16:9 screen) you have a nice 3.57" screen (with space enough for one row of key) in a Q10 shape like that would do nice with the retractable keyboard seen on some patents
    54mm width is weird though... Q10 is 66mm large...
    Posted via CB10
    deptech likes this.
    11-16-14 05:54 PM
    What is the Visa?-img_20141023_141921.png

This concept device...?

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    deptech likes this.
    11-16-14 07:00 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141023_141921.png 
Views:	2118 
Size:	199.4 KB 
ID:	314947

This concept device...?

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    This looks more like 160mm length than 85.5mm, more like a Z30 + 1 row of keys.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 07:19 PM
    I'm way off with the Visa CC idea if this is the actual Visa. This looks a bit like the Z3 and Z30 with the retractable qwerty keyboard (patent), not sure how I feel about it.

11-17-14 07:22 AM
    I'm way off with the Visa CC idea if this is the actual Visa. This looks a bit like the Z3 and Z30 with the retractable qwerty keyboard (patent), not sure how I feel about it.

That image is a concept device.

Posted via CB10
    deptech likes this.
    11-17-14 07:57 AM
    I think a phone the size of a visa CC would be much too small. It would fit the wrist quite well.
    deptech likes this.
    11-19-14 07:55 PM
    If the visa is the actual size of a credit card then that is genius and I'll definitely buy one! Sometimes I don't feel like carrying my BlackBerry passport but would definitely carry that!

Posted via BBM Premium
    deptech likes this.
    11-20-14 07:05 AM
59 123