So I am moving to the dark side from my beloved Treo 700P to a blackberry. Every other tech I know has one except me. I love my Treo but all the new ones coming out are WinMob based and I can't do that. One of my crew got a 8330 and he seems pretty happy with it so I figure I will give it a whirl. I have been following the Storm coverage and I was all excited until I read a couple of posts on here saying that the Storm is really more a consumer device and the Bold would be a much better professional device. I have Verizon service with our company so AT&T is out.

Things about my treo I like:
    Calendar. I keep my life on this thing.
    Contacts. See point one.
    Email. Active sync with our exchange server.
    Reminders when I miss an appointment or call. (added with Butler Program)
    QUICK access to all the above.

I do also use PTunes for MP3s and pictures of the family I also store on there.

So can the storm do this stuff efficiently? I don't mind learning something new (in fact I love it) but I do want a solution to be available. Any input on whether this would be a good phone for an IT pro? IF not, which model do you suggest? How is the reception on a BB?

Robb
    11-19-08 12:21 PM
    All of the things you like we be easily performed with your new berry, you shouldn't have any issues there. Its tough to say whether this would be a good phone for an IT pro. I guess it depends on which IT pro you're talking to. Some will love it, some will hate it.

Overall, blackberry has a fantastic OS, typically great reception, and they are much more reliable (ie: NO CRASHES) than a palm.

Just try the phone out at the store and see if it might be a good choice for you. Otherwise try the verizon curve, its also a great phone!
    11-19-08 12:28 PM
    I went from a Treo to a BB 8830. I can tell you that the BB BLOWS the Treo away in every one of your requirements. The Bold is an awesome choice as well.
    11-19-08 12:28 PM
    I think it should be a gentle transition for you. BB is a simple OS (IMO), and it does everything you want really well, but I'm not sure what PTunes is. Good luck !
    11-19-08 12:40 PM
    Guess I should have mentioned that PTunes is the MP3 player on my treo. Does basic playlists, internet radio, and album art.

Robb
    11-19-08 01:31 PM
    i had a treo briefly that i returned within my 30 days for a blackberry and i've been all blackberry since. it's a 1000 times more reliable than the treo, i think the OS is much better and easier to use. i'll be going on my 4th bb (8830, pearl, curve, soon to be storm) on saturday and it's been no turning back. i think the storm would fit all your requirements without a problem
    11-19-08 01:35 PM
    ... Storm....
    11-19-08 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD