A close friend of mine here in Las Vegas, NV who is a regional manager for AT&T called me today (11-11-14) and said they were looking at end of January to February 2015 before a Passport makes its way here and into a consumer hand. The Classic? A while yet. This is for west coast which defines the mediocrity that AT&T represents: exceedingly late, little support, and more. Just a heads up here from Sin City.
    Bob80220 and GeoK like this.
    11-11-14 03:03 PM
    Thanks, looks like Ill be buying one from Shop BB sooner than later. Missed revenue opportunity again for AT&T.
    11-11-14 03:15 PM
    Have him get a screen shot to share.

You know - pics or . . .

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    11-11-14 03:15 PM
    Well, for Blackberry to grant an exclusive in the US given that time frame isn't exactly exceptional. However late it may seem, AT&T still has a US exclusive so they don't have to be in that much of a hurry.
    11-11-14 03:21 PM
    Yeah, I was at my local att store last night and they had no idea blackberry was even still making phones, let alone they were gonna have one :|

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 03:44 PM
    I was at my local AT&T West Craig store in North Las Vegas,NV. They were so helpful. Upgraded from a Q10 to a Passport I bought from Amazon. And yes no Passport until January 2015. So until then get at ShopBlackBerry.com or Amazon.com

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 06:49 PM
    Yup, I guess you will not be alone in that.
    Where's the line?

Thanks, looks like Ill be buying one from Shop BB sooner than later. Missed revenue opportunity again for AT&T.
    11-12-14 02:59 PM
    Go to ShopBlackBerry.com or Amazon.com for the BlackBerry Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:32 PM
    It is more profitable for people to buy their phone outright. AT&T then does not have to subsidize it.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 10:14 PM
    As much as I would like to I cannot make myself pay that much for a phone outright that is just crazy. I just as of today became sold on the blackberry passport. It is the phone that I want. So hopefully they can make things happens sooner than later.

Posted via CB10
    jabroniw likes this.
    11-16-14 03:45 AM
    Hate to miss out on the Black Friday deal, but want to play with one first. Can't believe they're waiting until after the Xmas buying season.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T / Z10 STL100-3 / 10.3.1.1151
    11-24-14 09:32 AM
    Hate to miss out on the Black Friday deal, but want to play with one first. Can't believe they're waiting until after the Xmas buying season.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T / Z10 STL100-3 / 10.3.1.1151
    Yeah it is crazy and this is why blackberry will never be taken seriously again in the Americas. A phone this different and revolutionary (to a degree) should be on display in every store and available for purchase. I hope because of the wait they give us a nice incentive. Apple had a special with version if you turned in a iphone 5s you could upgrade to the iphone 6 for free. That would be cool for at&t and blackberry to offer something like that for current Q10 owners or something when passport launches.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 10:58 AM
    Maybe it is the carriers who are responsible for no Passport in any US stores. BlackBerry is selling direct. I got reply from AT&T saying they couldn't say if, or when they would have the phone. I bought direct and think most Americans need to do the same.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 02:13 PM
    It is more profitable for people to buy their phone outright. AT&T then does not have to subsidize it.

Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily true as you pay a different rate monthly for a subsidized vs unlocked device. They end up making more money by the end than if you bought unlocked. Calculation ends up being that they rake in $900 from you on a subsidized device over a two year contract.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 02:36 PM
    I have a z10 now and just got a z30 from shopblackberry because of the discount... if AT&T starts selling it in January, I'll see how much it's for and compare to Amazon.

I also passed by a corporate store and they couldn't give a definite date on when the passport will be released.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:03 AM
    Not necessarily true as you pay a different rate monthly for a subsidized vs unlocked device. They end up making more money by the end than if you bought unlocked. Calculation ends up being that they rake in $900 from you on a subsidized device over a two year contract.

Posted via CB10
    AT&T charges the same whether or not you are on contract. The difference is that you can leave without penalty when off contract.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 04:19 AM
    Well my wife is all for me getting the phone... when it comes to at&t. She likes what she has seen of the phone. Guess we will see what happens. Who in the hell knows when and "if" at&t really gets it.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 06:23 AM
    I legit had a dream the other night about the passport being released on att. It has to happen soon right?

Z10
    11-30-14 11:49 AM
    Yeah it is crazy and this is why blackberry will never be taken seriously again in the Americas. A phone this different and revolutionary (to a degree) should be on display in every store and available for purchase. I hope because of the wait they give us a nice incentive. Apple had a special with version if you turned in a iphone 5s you could upgrade to the iphone 6 for free. That would be cool for at&t and blackberry to offer something like that for current Q10 owners or something when passport launches.

Posted via CB10
    That's a rip off, the iPhone 5s used sells for 400$

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 12:10 PM
    Well, for Blackberry to grant an exclusive in the US given that time frame isn't exactly exceptional. However late it may seem, AT&T still has a US exclusive so they don't have to be in that much of a hurry.
    Pretty stupid of BlackBerry to grant exclusivity to such a lower carrier!!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 12:40 PM
    Maybe it is the carriers who are responsible for no Passport in any US stores. BlackBerry is selling direct. I got reply from AT&T saying they couldn't say if, or when they would have the phone. I bought direct and think most Americans need to do the same.

Posted via CB10
    The real reason can be summed up in two words:

John Chen

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 12:42 PM
    That's a rip off, the iPhone 5s used sells for 400$

Posted via CB10
    But for those that want the new iphone and could care less about their old one... they would jump on it

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:39 PM
    Why ? I want my passport !!!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 07:56 PM
    Couldn't wait for AT&T. Sprung for a Passport based on the Black Friday deals. Never bought a phone I've never tested before.

Went from Sprint to AT&T for the iPhone in 2009 but switched back to BlackBerry after that contract was up and got a sweet data/phone deal so I stick with them.

Do not always like being with them as they do things like this Passport deal. Yet there all big companies that really are beholden to investors and not consumers so I doubt Verizon or any others would be different.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:15 PM
    AT&T charges the same whether or not you are on contract. The difference is that you can leave without penalty when off contract.

Posted via CB10
    That is incorrect if your on one of the new plans (which most people are)

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 05:14 AM
28 12