Two quick questions, as I am on T-Mobile USA on the Q10 currently, and highly considering getting the Passport

1. If I buy the Passport from Blackberry shop or Amazon, and cut the SIM to a nanoSIM or get a nanoSIM from a T-Mobile shop, will I have no problems? Will I get future updates for the Passport?

2. Also, not as pertinent of a question as the first, but is there sales tax if you order from Blackberry Shop...shipping to New York?

Thank you!
    11-05-14 09:49 AM
    If you put in a proper Tmo SIM three should be no issues. Since this is a non-branded phone you should get all future updates, I believe. I don't know where Shop Blackberry is located but I bought a Z10 from them and was charged tax. I am in California.
    hobbes_nyc likes this.
    11-05-14 11:10 AM
    I bought from shop BlackBerry and paid tax. I'm in Florida.

Also, I did get an OTA update the other day, now running PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418. I was pleased to see an OTA update.

I would go ahead and get a nano SIM. Even if they charge you it will only be $10. They may not charge you. Cutting your SIM down may be ok, but I would worry about it.
    11-05-14 06:10 PM
    what I did when they had the free sim promotion was to stock up a boat ton of sims

Hah hah

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 06:16 PM
    Two quick questions, as I am on T-Mobile USA on the Q10 currently, and highly considering getting the Passport

1. If I buy the Passport from Blackberry shop or Amazon, and cut the SIM to a nanoSIM or get a nanoSIM from a T-Mobile shop, will I have no problems? Will I get future updates for the Passport?

2. Also, not as pertinent of a question as the first, but is there sales tax if you order from Blackberry Shop...shipping to New York?

Thank you!
    I actually have the same question. Thinking of ditching Verizon and going to T-MOBILE. Wanted to make sure I would be able to use the Passport on Tmobile. Also was very curious about future OS updates. Someone mentioned in a post that T Mobile USA only let's you switch your sim once. Meaning once you switch Sims once it will only work for that phone. So I guess you would just have to buy extra Sims if you plan on going between devices?
    11-05-14 10:59 PM
    Can you have 2 SIM cards associated with one phone number? When I get a Passport, I want to be able to switch devices and not have to use an adapter. I may also get a Z30 since it's on sale.

Posted from my Z10. Z30 or Passport very soon
    11-06-14 12:19 AM
    I'm with Tmobile and I went ahead and bought a nano SIM for ten dollars.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    11-06-14 01:14 AM
    Can you have 2 SIM cards associated with one phone number? When I get a Passport, I want to be able to switch devices and not have to use an adapter. I may also get a Z30 since it's on sale.

Posted from my Z10. Z30 or Passport very soon
    My guess is no. Even if you have one simcard that you are going to swap around, you need to notify T-mobile if what customer service says is correct. Now I can tell you that I broke a 9700 and bought a 9780 on the open market. The how of how I got this phone isn't worth the three paragraphs, but the phone was "unused ", branded T-mobile, but unlocked. It worked fine except for the wifi calling. I couldn't get that to work until T-mobile knew my IMEI.

It you don't want wifi calling, then you can use one simcard with multiple phones and I don't think it will be an issue. I'm thinking you would want imap email so the messages won't be lost as you swap phones.

Simcards really aren't design for daily swapping. My gut feeling is you will fry one eventually. I've had one go bad just booting the phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 02:14 AM
    It you don't want wifi calling, then you can use one simcard with multiple phones and I don't think it will be an issue.
    Simcards really aren't design for daily swapping. My gut feeling is you will fry one eventually. I've had one go bad just booting the phone.
    One of my active SIMs gets swapped weekly between 4 phones for testing. None of the phones were purchased from Tmo or had their IMEI numbers called in, yet all of them fully work with wifi calling. I've also yet to fry a SIM and have a couple dozen collected over the years -- all of which still work.

I'm not sure what you're doing different but my personal experience here is the complete opposite of yours. <shrug>

[CB10 / Q10]
    11-06-14 06:25 AM
    .....Someone mentioned in a post that T Mobile USA only let's you switch your sim once. Meaning once you switch Sims once it will only work for that phone. So I guess you would just have to buy extra Sims if you plan on going between devices?
    Maybe I don't know what you mean by "switch". If you mean switching the physical SIM for a new one, I don't see the problem. If your SIM fails, they will give you another. If you just want a new SIM and walk into a store or whatever, they probably will not argue with you too much but likely will charge you for the new SIM.

If you are talking about switch the phone number, I can see limits and restrictions on that, but I don't know details.

My guess is no. Even if you have one simcard that you are going to swap around, you need to notify T-mobile if what customer service says is correct. Now I can tell you that I broke a 9700 and bought a 9780 on the open market. The how of how I got this phone isn't worth the three paragraphs, but the phone was "unused ", branded T-mobile, but unlocked. It worked fine except for the wifi calling. I couldn't get that to work until T-mobile knew my IMEI.

It you don't want wifi calling, then you can use one simcard with multiple phones and I don't think it will be an issue. I'm thinking you would want imap email so the messages won't be lost as you swap phones.

Posted via CB10
    Agree it's probably not possible to have one number on two or more different SIMS. I would bet it's not possible.

About the phone and wifi calling, I don't know, but you would think a T-Mobile branded phone would be in their database. Strange. In the old days when you set up BIS on a new device, you entered you PIN and IMEI on T-Mobile BIS web portal, but that may date back to before wifi calling and before BlackBerry ID if my memory is accurate.

One other thing, though, is if you do have a device that should be able to use wifi calling and it isn't working, be sure to check and make sure your 911 info is setup in your account.

CAVEAT: Until the passport, I've always used T-Mobile branded and locked BlackBerrys. With the passport, I just got a T-Mobile nano SIM and away I went. No issues.
    11-06-14 06:36 AM
    Agree it's probably not possible to have one number on two or more different SIMS. I would bet it's not possible.
    It is possible but you would have to duplicate the original SIM and shut one phone down completely before powering up the other. Pulling the battery is recommended and not possible with the Passport. If both SIMs are seen on the network at the same time, the carrier will typically disable the SIM completely until they can issue you a new card. This is to prevent cell cloning.

[CB10 / Q10]
    11-06-14 06:45 AM
    Bought my passport and got the sim from tmobile a few weeks ago. Have had no issues at all and get full 4glte coverage in even more places than before. The only thing you won't have is wifi calling but bbm is an awesome replacement as I just as easily bbm my contacts over wifi.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:41 AM
    I got the Passport immediately when available. I am on T-Mobile. The only OS update I got was before I put in the sim. Nothing since, and there is an update out there. (I'm on 738/1154.)
    I have switched the sim between my Z30 many times without a problem. I have also switched my tablet sim between the Z30 and the tablet without any issues. T-Mobile Is pretty easy about that kind of thing.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:59 AM
    T-Mobile happily gave me a new nano SIM. I just walked into the local store and asked. They didn't charge me anything. Or ask what phone I was switching to, for that matter.

Posted with my Passport from CB10
    11-06-14 05:12 PM
    One of my active SIMs gets swapped weekly between 4 phones for testing. None of the phones were purchased from Tmo or had their IMEI numbers called in, yet all of them fully work with wifi calling. I've also yet to fry a SIM and have a couple dozen collected over the years -- all of which still work.

I'm not sure what you're doing different but my personal experience here is the complete opposite of yours. <shrug>

[CB10 / Q10]
    And I just turned on the phone and the sim failed. Fecal matter happens. I had to get a new one. Generally it makes no sense to be the victim.

I designed a simcard interface chip some years ago. It had the ability to hot swap. But there are many vendors for such products. It is all a roll of the dice.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 07:29 PM

Thank you!
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm confirming that all works perfectly with a cut advanced ISIS (now soft card) ready sim card. This phone is great. I bought it from amazon and it has been 100% perfect. I also live in NYC. Ping me if you have any further questions. pin:2BDB5FDF Friday, November 14, 2014 22:15:57

Yes I'm using the passport!!! And I have a Note 4 as well. That must tell you something about how great this device is!
    11-14-14 09:15 PM
    No need to buy a SIM cutter. TMobile will give you a nano SIM for free or at least they did for me. I just walked in and said I now need a nano SIM.

As a side note instead of being asked if I had a iPhone 6 I was asked "is this for the Passport? "

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter, raino and Nels like this.
    11-14-14 10:55 PM
    Well, OP here:

I got my Passport, and I'm on T-Mobile, got everything working flawlessly
    Thank everyone
    firefighterdrew likes this.
    11-15-14 10:43 AM
    what I did when they had the free sim promotion was to stock up a boat ton of sims

Hah hah

Posted via CB10
    I thought those SIMs has an expired date on them as far as a time frame to activate them.
    11-15-14 08:14 PM
    I thought those SIMs has an expired date on them as far as a time frame to activate them.
    I've seen expiry dates as far out as a year.
    11-15-14 08:18 PM
    I've seen expiry dates as far out as a year.
    Sim cards do expire. However if you activate them in time they will last as long as you do... lol.

Yes I'm using the passport!!! And I have a Note 4 as well. That must tell you something about how great this device is!
    11-15-14 08:27 PM

Thank you!
    I live in the city and bought two Z10 from shop blackberry and was charged tax.
    11-18-14 08:45 AM