Does anyone have a working Torch 9850? And if so, would you be free to do a 'dump' with BBSAK and send it to me?
    I've got a Torch 9850 with a App 200 Error, so I thought if I could get a working dump, then reload all the cods in pieces, it might work.....
    If any of you would like to help me by providing a dump, post below and I will give you the details on how to get it to me, or how to do a dump if needed.
    Thanks a lot
    10-31-14 07:45 AM
    Sorry maybe I'm missing something, but why not just download a new OS to your PC from BlackBerry and install it on your Torch 9850?
    10-31-14 08:20 AM
    That's how I got the App Error in the first place. Have tried 4 different OSs on it now, no luck. Each time I wipe device with BBSAK, so I get a 507, then load OS either with loader or Desktop Manager. I've tried just loading it, without wiping, and all different sorts of stuff.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...9850-a-971199/
    Thanks for moving forums btw - sorry for being a noob.......
    10-31-14 08:34 AM
    Haven't been around here in a while, but I figured I'd chime in:

When the phone starts up does it start to load then crash?

What if you took the battery out, wait 30 seconds, then as you're popping it back in, press and hold the menu button until the OS has loaded (and hopefully not crashed)... this should boot you the safe mode and you can take a look at all the apps listed and remove them 1 by 1 and test to see if it boots up properly.

If everything else has failed, then I recommend going back to a factory settings by using BlackBerry Desktop Manager and have it wipe and reload everything for you from scratch. Leave BBSAK out of the equation entirely for the time being.

Finally, please make sure you're running the latest/newest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager (BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry OS Software - US) as well as BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife).

Good luck!
    11-18-14 12:07 PM
    Haven't been around here in a while, but I figured I'd chime in:

When the phone starts up does it start to load then crash?

What if you took the battery out, wait 30 seconds, then as you're popping it back in, press and hold the menu button until the OS has loaded (and hopefully not crashed)... this should boot you the safe mode and you can take a look at all the apps listed and remove them 1 by 1 and test to see if it boots up properly.

If everything else has failed, then I recommend going back to a factory settings by using BlackBerry Desktop Manager and have it wipe and reload everything for you from scratch. Leave BBSAK out of the equation entirely for the time being.

Finally, please make sure you're running the latest/newest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager (BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry OS Software - US) as well as BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife).

Good luck!
    Pretty sure it's the back button not the menu button that will boot you into Safe mode.
    03-24-15 09:51 PM