From what I can tell, I am the only crackberry addict posting about trying to get a Storm in Utah on Friday.

Anyone else from Utah on here?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 07:43 PM
    I'm in Utah
    11-18-08 07:48 PM
    What store are you going too? My office is in Triad 5, which is right accross from the Gateway, which as I'm sure you know has a corporate store. They're opening at 7:00, and I'll be there then.

Just curious where you're going and what the store is telling you. With all the different stories flying around it's hard to keep straight.

11-18-08 07:54 PM
    I am geting mine from the store at South Towne Mall. They are taking appointments, hopefully it will make it easier.
    11-18-08 08:00 PM
    Are they opening early, or normal mall hours of 10 AM. That is the store I signed up at, they do a good job.

If they're opening early that would be a good choice for me also being you can wait inside if you show up early. At Gateway I won't even be able to wait in my car if a wait is required being there is no parking anywhere near the store.

I live at Thanksgiving Point and commute to downtown SLC for work. If Southtowne is opening early, I may see you there.

I probably already asked this, but do you know when they open?

11-18-08 08:04 PM
    I haven't decided on were to get mine yet, considering just ordering it online. Maybee i'll check into an appointment at the mall. My brother is going to the big store on Ft. Union.
    11-18-08 08:33 PM
    Fort Union is probably a good choise being such a big store. I'm going to laugh at all the knuckleheads that are waiting at Diamond Wireless. Most people think they're corporate VZW stores, but they won't have any stock!

Do you anticipate them selling out here? I'm not seeing a huge demand here, but I could be wrong.

11-18-08 08:38 PM
    The only phone i've ever got when it was realeased was the samsung i760 and it was sold out at the store, so i had to order it online. I would asume they will get more of the storm? Kinda why i haven't decided if i should just order online to make sure i get one. I'm going to call the Ft. Union store tomorrow and get some info
    11-18-08 08:45 PM
    The only phone i've ever got when it was realeased was the samsung i760 and it was sold out at the store, so i had to order it online. I would asume they will get more of the storm? Kinda why i haven't decided if i should just order online to make sure i get one. I'm going to call the Ft. Union store tomorrow and get some info

I want to do some more research, but I have been so stinking busy. Please come back to this thread and post any info you find in regards to the release in Utah.

Thanks man.
    11-18-08 09:15 PM
    I just got back from the store across State street by the Fashion Place mall. They said they will be receiving 10 to 20 phones. I was shocked. I work in SLC (get off work at 9:00am) and live live by thanksgiving point too. Wondering where the best place to pick one up at would be. South Towne sounds like it may be a good option.
    11-19-08 01:15 PM
    I will be going to the store on Ft. Union (close to work). My problem is that I will only get it there if they let me get the NE2 discount a little early. I called a CSR a couple of days ago and he said it shouldn't be a problem (I'm less than 4 weeks away). He is calling me on Friday and if I won't be able to get it at the store, he will send one to me and I will have it on Saturday.
    11-19-08 01:44 PM
    Well, it looks like there is only a small handful of us crackberry addicts chasing the Storm in Utah. I am feeling better and better about getting one tomorrow, regardless of the shortages. The store at Gateway is opening at 7AM, and I will probably show up around 6:30. The VZW guys are showing up at 5:00 AM, so i'm going to snag my reps cell number and text him around 6:00 to see if there really is a line. He said he thinks they're getting around 30.

Do you guys anticipate problems getting one here?
    11-20-08 10:07 AM
    I'm in Holladay. My business will be getting four Storms tomorrow to test (I get one). We're a medium sized business with a few hundred blackberries.

KJF
    11-20-08 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD