Ok, I have the Z30, and I like it.
    But a couple of things just bothers me.
    No removable battery and I just think its too big.

I am constantly hearing horror stories about the Z10 battery life.
    Is this true?
    Can one get through a day without charging?

The Z10 has the perfect form factor, not too big and not to small. Just perfect.

Please share your thoughts before I pull the trigger on the Z10.

Thanks
    10-28-14 01:17 PM
    used to get 4 hours screen time on my Z10 changed to Z30 and never looked back had to charge my Z10 2-3 times a day will never do anything smaller than 2800 mah battery again lol.
    10-28-14 01:25 PM
    Some people have big battery problems with their z10 and some other don't. The main reason why I switched to the 30 was because my 10 couldn't give me more than 5 hours of battery life, so going all day without a charge was not possible but if you get yourself a couple of extra batteries you should be good to go.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:26 PM
    I can easily get through a day on my Z10. I'd gladly trade for your Z30 though, I want a bit of a bigger screen!
    10-28-14 01:27 PM
    If you have ran into problems with the Z30 battery life not being "enough" and wished you could pop in a new battery..... the Z10 is NOT for you.

Don't think asking here will really get you the result you need - some like me will tell you it can make it through 8 hours of work, and other will say it goes over 48 hours on a single charge. Some of this can be attributed to different apps, different users, different carriers (some US don't allow 4G to be turn off).

So just look at the ratings/specs on BlackBerry's site and compare the two. Then apply your own experience to the rating of the Z30 and use that same rating on the time listed for the Z10. With the Z10 having a charger nearby or a couple of spare batteries is a must if you really use the device.
    10-28-14 01:33 PM
    Well, considering the fact that almost ALL new modern smartphones these days like the iPhone and Android, do not have removable batteries, then I guess its not worth stressing about it. I guess BB is following this trend as well.

But however, I can admit that the Z10 has the best form factor as far as size. I got to leave it at that.

Thanks for the opinions, guess its the Z30 after all.
    10-28-14 02:18 PM
    Some folks purchase the Charging Bundle. It is a small charger case in which the Z10 battery fits (and includes the battery). You can use its attached cord to provide external power for the z10 or you can swap the battery from it into the z10.
    10-28-14 04:48 PM
    I went from Z10 to Z30. Let's say everything is a lot better on Z30. Antenna, processor, battery, screen, etc are all way better than Z10. Not having to swap in and out battery is let's say...liberating. I used to be in the camp of removable battery folks, but I realize that not having to worry about battery crapping out is a liberating thing despite the fact that I can no longer go from 20 to 100 in a few minutes due to swapping battery and waiting for reboot process. Hardware-wise Z10 is a budget device sold with premium price at launch.
    10-28-14 05:07 PM
    I called my local GSM shop and they told me that their supplier would not likely to have it.
    So I guess Z30 is a keeper.

But I wish it would be smaller in size....But Oh well...
    10-29-14 12:31 AM
    I have three batteries for my Z10. I run it at full brightness and I'm a heavy user.
    I average four hours per battery before a swap. Im on the device almost all day since my daughter was born.
    If you invest thirty bucks into a BlackBerry charging bundle, you'll be fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 12:46 AM
    I work in an office so I alway connect my z10 to my computer. But when I'm outside it lasts the whole night "7pm - 5am". I mean really? Only 4hours?? You would go outside just so you could stick your face to your phone for 4 HOURS? No one does that. The reason why you go outside is to interact with people, to Socialize, Not text/play games/blog/read articles. You should do those things indoors.

When I'm out the only time I use my phone is when I take a picture with my friends and share it. And once I'm home that's the only time I check the comments.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 07:50 AM
    I chose Z10 for it's size (I think Z30 is a bit large) and because it can run wifi-calling on Tmo (Z30 cannot). Do a lot of "work" in the car running BT with phone plugged in. When in an office environment or even a restaurant, I go on wifi-calling (shutting off cell radios) which hugely reduces battery consumption. So, I have adapted to the phone. But I like the form so much that I recently bought a second when they were on sale at Shop BBerry. I have a battery pack, but have almost never used it.
    10-29-14 10:33 AM
    I get a good days use out of mine, had mine two years now and still love it

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 10:54 AM
    Well I went z10, z30, back to z10.
    Z30 was too top heavy for me.

My main function is business, phone and email.

Bought a knipps battery and I can go from 7am to 7pm without charge.

I do have a bb high amp car charger. So if I have a bit of a drive I hook up the charger.

With 10.3.1 leak I installed it's even better.

I don't play games, leave apps open etc.

Soon for sale is this phone unlocked.

Moving to passport. Why? For me keyboard, excel, word etc.

I use my phone to save time not waste it with a thousand apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 11:03 AM
    I work in an office so I alway connect my z10 to my computer. But when I'm outside it lasts the whole night "7pm - 5am". I mean really? Only 4hours?? You would go outside just so you could stick your face to your phone for 4 HOURS? No one does that. The reason why you go outside is to interact with people, to Socialize, Not text/play games/blog/read articles. You should do those things indoors.

When I'm out the only time I use my phone is when I take a picture with my friends and share it. And once I'm home that's the only time I check the comments.

Posted via CB10
    Gee, thanks for the advice kiddo.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 12:05 PM
    Sorry, I think I will pass on the Z10.
    If you need to always connect a phone to an external power source MOST of the time....Then sorry, to me, that is NOT "going mobile" or not even defined as "mobile" to me....

Having a 2 day battery life (at least) for me with the Z30, is fine enough.

But I do have to admit, the size is a bit too big.
    The Z10 is perfect for size. That's it.
    10-29-14 01:28 PM
    Z10 is 20 months old.

No do not buy an almost 2 year old device.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 02:08 PM
    Is the screen size and poor battery life worth the trade off for a Q10?
    I am thinking of exchanging the Q10 for the Z10.
    10-29-14 02:47 PM
    My Z10 running 10.3.1.821. Battery life, you say?
    Should I go with the Z10?-img_20141026_220330.png

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    10-29-14 02:53 PM