Hi everyone!

I'm just looking for a bit of help here with my Z30. I'll try and give as much information as I can.

History with the Device: For a bit of background, I've had this Z30 since it came out day one on Rogers last year. I have an Otterbox Commuter Case on it and a Zagg Screen Protector since day one as well so no major damage has been done at all to it.

So last night, I was out with an old friend of mine for coffee, I'm running 10.3.1.938 on my Z30(STA-5) and everything is buttery smooth. All day the phone is fine from 7AM, I work in retail so I use the phone a lot during the day to help my customers. Way later on around 10 PM, the battery is at 5% and I let it run down as per usual considering that Ive been using it like crazy all day. Wall-huggers have nothing on me!

Anyways, the battery dies and I figure I'll just bring it home. I then get home around 12AM and let it charge for a good 3 hours, the light goes green so I pull it off of the charger and turn it on. This is where things get strange...

So I get the red light that usually turns on before the screen does, it blinks once like usual and then goes off. I then proceed to wait just thinking it's just a glitch or something. So at this point I've walked away to my computer to check something and I hear texts, and BBM's coming in with the notification LED lighting up Green and Blue(The colours I've assigned to texts and BBM's). I go over to my phone and swipe up on the screen, the screen doesn't come on. I use the lock button, the screen STILL doesn't come on. So I did a hard reset. No dice. At this point, the screen still isn't coming on, but I'm getting notifications via the sounds and LED.

I plug the charger back in and let it charge over night after I turned it off. And this morning, the same thing!
    I now have a bigger problem in which my computer, nor my brother's will not recognize the Z30 and yes, both have BB Link and all of the necessary drivers. And yes, I made sure it was on by sending a text to it from my brothers phone first...

I'm not too sure if maybe the screen is gone or if this is a glitch of 10.3.1.938 if the phone dies, but if anyone could help me figure this out, that would be awesome and greatly appreciated!

Long Story Short: My phone's screen may be gone or a 10.3.1 software glitch is causing my screen not to turn on my Z30 after it died last night.
    10-27-14 10:07 AM
    Let it charge via wall charger for a couple days, without messing with it.
    If that fails and if you are a bit tech and mechanically savy, see:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...n-here-937968/
    10-27-14 10:17 AM
    My z30 died a month ago,after using it for 7 months..screen black with led flashing,,sent it back to rogers,they said it was a software issue,swnt me another z30..hope it does not happen again...

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 05:50 PM
    Check to see if it works with a hdmi cable

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    awindsr likes this.
    10-27-14 06:18 PM
    this happened to me as well, tried Re downloading leak and still nothing, I even tried 3.1 however that didn't work. I tried just restoring regular os but I can't it to update.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 12:07 AM
    Update! I realized that I still had a month left on my 1 year manufacturers warranty so last Friday I went to my local Rogers store and sent it in with no problems! Hopefully I'll get it back sooner than later

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:29 PM
    But for those of you who have answered this thread, thank you for sharing experiences or links on how to fix it

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    11-03-14 11:30 PM
    Update! I realized that I still had a month left on my 1 year manufacturers warranty so last Friday I went to my local Rogers store and sent it in with no problems! Hopefully I'll get it back sooner than later

Posted via CB10
    I thought installing os leaks voids your manufacturer warranty? I was considering that too but they could reject it

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 08:40 AM
    This is why I don't install leaks. I am glad that you're phone will be repaired under warranty.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 08:45 AM
    Haha yeah, they COULD reject it, luckily for myself they didn't. It's on it's way back with a "Repaired" status from Rogers :P I should have thought about that though lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:09 PM
    Plus, the Rogers Rep never asked what software I was running, he was too busy with his co workers asking WHY I still had a BlackBerry and why I'd be using my Q10 instead of a "Sick loaner iPhone that would blow my socks off" :P

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:10 PM
    Plus, the Rogers Rep never asked what software I was running, he was too busy with his co workers asking WHY I still had a BlackBerry and why I'd be using my Q10 instead of a "Sick loaner iPhone that would blow my socks off" :P

Posted via CB10
    haha sounds about right.. I can't go into any mobile store without hearing things like that

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:56 PM
    My phone just died this week the exact same way, only difference is that I was. 1016, mines out being repaired too

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 09:37 PM
    I'm wondering how many z30s have died like ours?? Many? 5%..10%..more?? .im surprised you accepted to have it repaired..could take 2-3 weeks. I pressured rogers and they send me a replacement within 5 days..

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 09:48 PM
    I have just bought my Z30 last month. All these thread about sudden death makes me worry.

Could it be there is defective part in some Z30 production batches?

Samsung used to suffer similar issue with Galaxy S3 and Note 2. It's called "Sudden Death Syndrome ". It's due to a bug in the eMMC chip (internal storage) which wears out so fast after extensive use.

It happened to my Note 2 which was from the first batch, I bought it soon after the release. It died after 8 months. I was using it for heavy browsing, streaming, watching movies for two days. Later on I charged it overnight and in the morning I found it can't be switched on. I took it to Samsung service center and they replaced the main board.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 10:04 PM
    I'm wondering how many z30s have died like ours?? Many? 5%..10%..more?? .im surprised you accepted to have it repaired..could take 2-3 weeks. I pressured rogers and they send me a replacement within 5 days..

Posted via CB10
    Haha well for me I enjoy the Q10 as well and I haven't gotten to use it cause the Z30 is waaaayyyy too awesome lol. So I figured I'll just stick with the Q10 for now and go back to to that good ol' clicky keyboard! Typing on glass can be annoying at times.
    I can't wait to get the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 12:04 AM
    I have just bought my Z30 last month. All these thread about sudden death makes me worry.

Could it be there is defective part in some Z30 production batches?

Samsung used to suffer similar issue with Galaxy S3 and Note 2. It's called "Sudden Death Syndrome ". It's due to a bug in the eMMC chip (internal storage) which wears out so fast after extensive use.

It happened to my Note 2 which was from the first batch, I bought it soon after the release. It died after 8 months. I was using it for heavy browsing, streaming, watching movies for two days. Later on I charged it overnight and in the morning I found it can't be switched on. I took it to Samsung service center and they replaced the main board.

Posted via CB10
    my Z30 was working just fine unit I installed a 10.3.1 leak and let it run out of battery. That is when my z30 wouldn't turn on. The led still works however cannot get it to boot.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:32 AM
    The consensus seems to be that letting the Z30 run down on its battery is a very bad idea. I am heeding this seriously for my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    keepit dry likes this.
    11-06-14 08:52 AM
    The consensus seems to be that letting the Z30 run down on its battery is a very bad idea. I am heeding this seriously for my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    had no problems with that until I installed an os leak

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:20 AM
    Hey buddy, I'm 99% convinced that you should simply replace your screen. It costs something around 70 dollars and it's easy to replace by yourself.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:29 PM
    Sad to see the z30 has this problem to. My z10 died the same way

'30 on .1016
    11-11-14 07:40 PM
    This just happened to me. Sucks
    11-12-14 04:19 PM
    Turned out to be the screen. Glad I didn't sell my old barely cracked one.
    11-12-14 07:02 PM
    Hey buddy, I'm 99% convinced that you should simply replace your screen. It costs something around 70 dollars and it's easy to replace by yourself.

Posted via CB10
    Haha thanks for the advice, but I was still under manufacturers warranty, otherwise I would have gone that route for sure

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 02:16 AM
    Same issue with my Z30. Sent it in for repair

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 02:29 AM
50 12