Hello,
    I am new to Blackberry and I want to buy one with qwerty keypad. Since many handsets are been released by BB this year, I am confused as for which one shall I go. I have seen reviews of Passport as well as Q10, I loved both of them and hence I am not able to make a conclusion as which one shall I buy.
    I saw that many handsets of BB when released are too expensive and after a year or so, the price drops. At least in India it happens, so shall I wait for Passport for a year or shall buy Q10 ?
    Regards/...
    10-26-14 06:08 AM
    If you want to wait for Passport pricing drop down , maybe will waste your time. So I suggest you to buy Q10 right now.
    Q10 is a awesome BlackBerry smartphone!

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 06:16 AM
    Thanks for the advise..
    A person just wrote that after a year or so, the keyword becomes over responsive. Is it really true ?
    Does it happens to majority of users ? Or with all Keyword devices ?
    One more question that 3.1 inch is really a small screen ? Is there any problem while surfing net or reading email or viewing pdf ?
    10-26-14 06:30 AM
    Thanks for the advise..
    A person just wrote that after a year or so, the keyword becomes over responsive. Is it really true ?
    Does it happens to majority of users ? Or with all Keyword devices ?
    One more question that 3.1 inch is really a small screen ? Is there any problem while surfing net or reading email or viewing pdf ?
    I think if you buy a new Q10 it would be the 2014 edition- so no double typing issue, no more random reboots and no yellow amoled screen.
    I think its good to wait till the Passport gets a new production run,too- there are some reported issues so far(here on CB)- not a big deal but there are some issues. The good thing to wait is- it will be cheaper and better made
    So go and get now a new cheap Q10 and wait for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 06:32 AM
    Wait for atleast 8 months from launch day to see any significant price drop. Applicable if you are buying an unlocked, unsubsidised Passport.

Q5SQR100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 08:47 AM
    Q10 and Passport are very different devices. You should go to a store and hold each of them in your hands and get a feel for what you are looking for. It should be pretty clear at that point which you prefer.
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 09:18 AM
    It will depends on ur budget. If u can spend $599 then I would say u go for Passport. The top hardware n latest OS. No regret. Q10 is a good BlackBerry phone. I m using it right now. I haven't upgraded to Passport due to budget but I will definitely upgrade next year. So, it is up to u.

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 09:39 AM
    I would definitely get the Q10 since you are new to BB. the initial investment wouldn't be as much. if you decide BB10 is not for you then it's not much money lost. even if you like BB10, the passport requires some extra consideration given its form factor. what phone are you coming from?

Posted via CB/Q10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 09:49 AM
    For no non sense the Q10 is perfect, in size, battery life and for business use. I use mine to edit excel sheets, look at pdf files, the screen isn't huge but it's adequate and a trade off considering I also send and receive lot of emails on a daily basis, pkb is a must for me.

The BlackBerry Classic will be the device I'll be looking forward to next year, although it seems like it will be fairly big. By that time hopefully BB will have announce other devices.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-26-14 12:10 PM
    Hello,
    I am new to Blackberry and I want to buy one with qwerty keypad. Since many handsets are been released by BB this year, I am confused as for which one shall I go. I have seen reviews of Passport as well as Q10, I loved both of them and hence I am not able to make a conclusion as which one shall I buy.
    I saw that many handsets of BB when released are too expensive and after a year or so, the price drops. At least in India it happens, so shall I wait for Passport for a year or shall buy Q10 ?
    Regards/...
    Buy a 9900. I have a Q10, 9000, 9630, 9650, 8530, 8330 and whichever storm. Q10, 9650, 9900 are my favorites in order. I just ordered the 9000 as a matter of fact. I was surprised at how much I took the OS for granted. I was surprised at how nice it was to use BBOS. I'm thinking of going back until I'm able to pickup the passport. Or maybe until the Legacy device craps out. 9900 is just a newer legacy device. Has the touchscreen and nice specs. It's speedy and the browser is pretty good compared to older models.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-26-14 03:24 PM
    I have a Q10 working with it now for about a year...solid phone, keypad is spectacular and the battery life is solid. frustration is that I find the screen small, I look at a lot of pictures. I want a passport, and would probably go for that instead. I love my Q, but you'll feel like your phone is dated since there are qwerty phones coming out by BlackBerry with larger screens (passport and classic).

In summary, wait for the passport or classic price to drop...

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:32 PM
    I would wait for the Passport. Have the Q10 myself and still like it but the Passport is a real joy to work with and so much bigger screen. Really, I would wait for the Passport.

CB10 - Passport
    10-26-14 03:54 PM
    Both.

Buy the Q10 used for $175-ish (or for 299 from shopcrackberry.com with promo code), then sell it and get the Passport in 8 or 9 months, when the price really drops.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 08:14 PM
    If price is not a differentiatior, then I'd go for the Passport.
    I went through 3 q10's, two of which eventually developed keyboard problems.

I now have the Passport and even though it took a good 2 weeks to break in the keyboard, it is the best BlackBerry I have ever owned!

I do still have my last q10 and it is just so cute and nice to handle as far as size is concerned, but you can do soooo much more with the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 09:39 PM
    I'm grappling with a similar question. The Passport is a beautiful device. I love my Q10 despite going on to my 4th keyboard on it.

They really are very different devices which will meet different needs. I'm approaching the time where I'll try the Passport as my daily driver. I'm getting better on the keyboard even though the keyboard on the Q10 is really quick and efficient.

The Q10 feels tiny compared to the Passport, but that is a one hand and portability advantage. When reading PDFs, the Passport is much better just because there is minimal need to zoom and scroll.

I've said it other threads, but I'll say it here again. I loved my Q10 the first time I held it. I'm getting used to the Passport. See what you like and what fits your budget and I'm sure you won't go wrong.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 10:37 PM
    Wait for the price drop. Production line fixes should rectify certain outstanding hardware issues by then.
    10-27-14 12:15 AM
    If you're consuming lots of media get the Passport. If your looking for mostly communication and portability go with the Q10.
    10-27-14 12:50 AM
    If you don't want to spend much money on a new Blackberry phone while waiting for a price drop on passport you may consider buying a Q5.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 01:10 AM
    To me it should be Q10 and wait for price drop on PP. I dont know much about India but here in Vietnam the Q10 has fallen into a ridiculous price and I still think a very capable device like Q10 should be priced at least 1.5 times of that.

Pdf and reading and surfing the net, Q10 is good enough for all that. The 9900, to me, isnt good enough in term of battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 01:26 AM
    Hello,
    Regards/...
    I think new models always have some errors. U must wait for 6 months at least. This will result in price drop and corrections of error if any.

I bought my Q10 after 6 months of launching.

If you are confused with what to buy, I must say u must try Q10 first bcoz u r new to BlackBerry. Trying Wide Passport first with lack of Qwerty experience will make it even more hard to use.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 (BBM Channel C002CA0BA)
    10-27-14 01:41 AM
    I was in the same boat and decided to go with another Q10. I like the Passport, but the sqaure screen has me a little worried?

I will still get the PP later on, but the Classic will come first

Sent from my BlackBeezy 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lefty724; 10-27-14 at 09:07 AM.
    10-27-14 01:59 AM
    The Q10 is good blackberry, it's compact, and it's phone, the Web browser is really good, but screen size is small but good enough for me.

The passport is not an ordinary smartphone, but surly will be my next phone ( I just bought the Q10)

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 03:02 AM
    Two different phones.

Can you live with a small screen and one that's a year + old, or do you want the latest and greatest BB? You can't have both..

Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Z3 running BlackBerry 10 - 2BBEAACF
    10-27-14 07:11 AM
    Personally. The Q10 screen is toooooooo small. Go for the passport.
    10-27-14 07:16 AM
    The Q10 is still a great device. If you don't need a larger screen and you don't need to watch videos or play games on your phone a lot, the Q10 is excellent for communication and productivity.

Typed with dazzling speed and accuracy on my Q10
    jefbeard911 and Lefty724 like this.
    10-27-14 08:08 AM