Figured I'd share this since a quick Search didn't show if it has already been mentioned: I was playing around with the browser and just happened to tap two entries in history at the same time. Much to my surprise this selected all the items in between. Worked the same way in the New Tab view and Boomarks as well.
    Furthermore the Overflow menu then showed a Select All option.

Why the heck would the only put that in the stock Browser, when people have been requesting it for stuff like the File manager and Hub since 10.0? I mean it is good to see it is possible, but the Browser seems like such a wasteful place to have it compared to others.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    MRTTNS likes this.
    10-25-14 06:12 AM
    Figured I'd share this since a quick Search didn't show if it has already been mentioned: I was playing around with the browser and just happened to tap two entries in history at the same time. Much to my surprise this selected all the items in between. Worked the same way in the New Tab view and Boomarks as well.
    Furthermore the Overflow menu then showed a Select All option.

Why the heck would the only put that in the stock Browser, when people have been requesting it for stuff like the File manager and Hub since 10.0? I mean it is good to see it is possible, but the Browser seems like such a wasteful place to have it compared to others.

There is 'Delete Prior' in the Hub, which behaves like a 'Select all' function. And yes, the File manager needs this feature.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 06:42 AM
    Yeah delete prior works. But for the Hub a multi-touch select would be welcome too. Looks like they already have the code, so I wonder why they only put it in the Browser.

10-25-14 06:48 AM
    The browser UI is written in HTML5, so the browser team is developing their own UI which can't be used in native apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 04:34 PM
    I found out last night that you can multi select in Blend. After I did that it brought back memories of doing it on my bold. Add me to the list of wanting it for BB10!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 09:55 AM