Hello, I am fairly new to Blackberry (switched over from Android). So far there is only one thing I am a little bit disappointed with my Q10 and that's the lockscreen options.

To set up a lockscreen, I can use either device password or picture password. I don't like any of them, and I have searched but can't find an answer to my question. Is there any development or mods that adds a numeric lockscreen (similar to the one Android and iOS has)? Device password is not quite effective in my opinion and the picture password is far too confusing. Is there any way to have a standard 0-9 number pad as a lockscreen?

Ta, Wheel
    10-24-14 03:50 PM
    Go into security-device password- simple password to off. That will bring up the numeric password.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 04:04 PM
    Actually you want that ON to use only numbers but you can still just use the numbers like i do.
    10-24-14 04:20 PM
    No such thing on the last official version (10.2.1.3247 here).

Wheel, Picture Password is very effective on the security side ; numbers are random and there is several grid with not the same number of row. And furthermore, the 10 tries before a security wipe are great ! No bruteforce guessing
    On the practical side, I remind you that you don't have to put your finger on your number. Place it anywhere on the grid and swipe with one gesture the correct number on your choosed location. Very effective
    Wheelbarrow95 likes this.
    10-24-14 05:26 PM
    No such thing on the last official version (10.2.1.3247 here).

Wheel, Picture Password is very effective on the security side ; numbers are random and there is several grid with not the same number of row. And furthermore, the 10 tries before a security wipe are great ! No bruteforce guessing
    On the practical side, I remind you that you don't have to put your finger on your number. Place it anywhere on the grid and swipe with one gesture the correct number on your choosed location. Very effective
    Thank you! But it is very annoying to use because I always get it wrong by a fraction of millimetre off.

Does anyone here know if BlackBerry is currently developing a numeric lock screen akin to iOS/Android for the upcoming 10.3 release... or someone who is making a mod for it?

Wheel
    10-24-14 08:06 PM
    Seriously!?!?
    10-24-14 09:14 PM
    you can do numbers only now. just punch in the numbers on the keyboard ignoring the fact that it is actually alphanumeric.
    10-25-14 09:21 AM