Calendar
    - please revamp the interface for a cleaner look.
    -Allow for notes to be be dragged and drop to other dates should something change.
    -Shift-work settings

-You guys can easily set up your own shift-work settings for shift workers. How many days on/off...
    You advertise the Passport in the medical field. A field full of shift workers from nurses, phlebotomists, respiratory therapists, doctors, paramedics.... yes, I am in the medical field.

Of all the smart phone makers, BlackBerry NEEDS to be paving the way with the calendar app. Stock, built by blackberry. This is the company that wants to make better use of time, not a need for downtime.

Recap:

1.Simple clean interface
    2.Shift-work settings
    3.Drag and drop events should plans change

The Passport has an amazing screen to trump all calendars on all phones. Step up! User friendly plus efficiently organized.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 and MRTTNS like this.
    10-23-14 04:17 AM
    I'm not in medical, but fully agree BlackBerry is dropping the ball on contact and calendar apps for business. They could "own" this and show how a smartphone really can make life easier.
    I want to be able to travel through different time zones, make appointments (for conf calls, etc) in other time zones easily, and all without having to bring my laptop with me.
    Make it happen BlackBerry!!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 05:05 AM
    Calendar app still a bit limited, I'm hardly using it... :-(

Contacts need improvement, Skype and other social apps still mess them up ...

Yep, BBRY, make it happen! :-)

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    10-23-14 08:24 AM
    what's your issue with the calendar and inputting days for shift work? I put mine in with no issues.
    10-23-14 11:49 AM
    I agree that the calendar is clunky, I should be able to move appointments in the day by dragging them to a new time.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 02:34 PM
    Hey blueyestm,
    Is there an easier way of doing it? Or are you just inputting each and every shift?

I have used "myshiftwork" on an Android where (after you spend a bit on making some icons for different shifts....) you enter a schedule and it did my whole year's schedule instantly.

We are always doing swaps with colleagues and planning our holidays.... so I do like to have the calendar with all my shifts for the year. I could cary around a day planner, or take a picture of my schedule for the month. I could also carry around a paper copy in my bag at work. But the point is, this is a great area for BB to make strides in.
    And, as they continue to advertise their phones to make your life easier, and more organized and basically "get stuff done", then they should be leading the way.
    I don't need it to have fancy graphics or cartoon icons... Just user friendly, easy to read and easy to modify.

I feel when I open my calendar on BB, I always think that it could be better. And because it is BB, it should be.
    (Q 10 user)
    10-23-14 06:49 PM
    Add an event and select "Repeat every [insert day here]".

Is this not what you're looking for?

Hey BlackBerry. Do Better!-img_20141024_092233.png

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 03:24 AM
    Guys, we have https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/nextgen/ideas

(OK, I'm not sure anymore whether anyone from RIM's development does really read this .........)
    10-24-14 03:31 AM
    Hey blueyestm,
    Is there an easier way of doing it? Or are you just inputting each and every shift?

I have used "myshiftwork" on an Android where (after you spend a bit on making some icons for different shifts....) you enter a schedule and it did my whole year's schedule instantly.

We are always doing swaps with colleagues and planning our holidays.... so I do like to have the calendar with all my shifts for the year. I could cary around a day planner, or take a picture of my schedule for the month. I could also carry around a paper copy in my bag at work. But the point is, this is a great area for BB to make strides in.
    And, as they continue to advertise their phones to make your life easier, and more organized and basically "get stuff done", then they should be leading the way.
    I don't need it to have fancy graphics or cartoon icons... Just user friendly, easy to read and easy to modify.

I feel when I open my calendar on BB, I always think that it could be better. And because it is BB, it should be.
    (Q 10 user)
    Mine changes every week, day, mid, evening. I just put in the shifts manually, repeat x 5 days and save.
    10-28-14 12:14 PM
    Agree with OP, awesome stock apps are a huge reason I have previously bought BB.
    10-28-14 12:21 PM