Hey guys I am tired of this q10 rebooting so I am going back to my z10 the q10 still reboots with 2 peaces of paper in the battery housing

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 09:35 PM
    I posted a mod I did with my Q10 to fix this as the card trick didn't do it for me either. It was a long and detailed post and nobody even commented on it. So I don't want to type it all over again, so if there is a way to find it, I'm sure you will find it helpful and fix the problem if your problem was the same as mine. Good luck. But don't give up on the Q10 for that reason, as it is a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:38 PM
    OK, I found the post and pasted it here. I hope this helps you.

Hi everyone, I had this problem with my Q10 when I first got it 7 months ago. I tried the folded business card trick. Although it helped some, it never stopped it. So I took matters into my own hands. I did two things and I hope I can explain what I did to completely fix the issue. Step 1 - get some good electrical tape like 3M. On the top of the battery (the side away from the contact) wrap completely around the battery one time only with no over lap. Then on the top side of the battery to the left if it were in your phone looking at it (the opposite side of the contact) cover the side and 1/4 to 1/2 side of the front and back. Basically, you are wrapping this tape around the other tape you just put on. This method basically pushes the contacts of the battery more on to the pins.
    Step 2 - do at your own risk!!! You might not even have to do this part,but I did it to all my batteries before testing to see if the tape alone was sufficient.
    So if the tape alone doesn't stop the problem, then do step 2 at your own risk!
    I noticed when looking at the battery at the contact side, it wasn't perfectly flat and was slightly tilted so to speak (both batteries were and they we're bought at to separate times and months apart. In fact, it appeared that the contact side was slightly shortly in length. This amount is small but noticeable to my eyes. I couldn't find my caliper to measure it to confirm this. But I figured I will level it aways. I put it on some sand paper (I believe 340 grit) and sanded it down very slowly to level it. It took about 8 to 10 swipe and then it looked great. But be careful and take 2 swipes at a time and check your progress. Also, be careful not to go fast as you will go into the contacts which you don't want. Be sure to hold the battery steady and flat the whole time as you swipe it across the sand paper. This will prevent it from getting worse or going in the other direction.
    I did this and it has never rebooted by itself again.
    I hope this helps for those still have troubles in this area. The good thing about the electrical tape is that it stay on the battery. No more looking or chasing the card if you open the back and it drops or blows in the wind.
    Oh, the only down side about the tape is that it makes getting the back cover off a little more difficult, but you learn to press down where the tabs are and it comes off.
    Good luck all.

Posted via CB10
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    10-21-14 10:50 PM
    Batteries in Q10 are know to move a bit. I put a case on my Q10 and it stop rebooting when I sit it down

Renzo G
    10-22-14 10:40 AM
    I always had a case is still reboot I will tried the tape and it hasn't rebooted yet let's see in a week I will report back to every one

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 11:18 AM
    Hey every my phone hasn't rebooted yet thanks to rick-TJR I would suggest you ever has the same problem do the sale put electrical tape around the battery

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 10:24 PM