Something better than an ordinary tablet? Something as unique as the Passport in the phone realm, but a tablet? .... Chen it on!!!

Something like

all-touch / regular qwerty vs. Passport
    iPad/PlayBook vs. ???

BlackBerryClubs.com (???) - BlackBerry CEO ??? John Chen on the Paradox of Simplicity - via SuperTube for BlackBerry 10!

Are they cooking up something new and revolutionary?
    Can't wait...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-21-14 05:07 PM
    A physical keyboard tablet?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 09:08 PM
    Chen wasn't allowed to tell what exactly. His engineers would have to kill him if he did... :-)

I guess it's something revolutionary, on equal footing with the Passport...

10-22-14 03:52 AM
    Could you give us the time stamp??

Always gotta give the time stamp man...
    10-22-14 07:39 AM
    Chen wasn't allowed to tell what exactly. His engineers would have to kill him if he did... :-)

I guess it's something revolutionary, on equal footing with the Passport...

Prem, this is the genius of BB10. QNX allows BlackBerry to think outside the box whereas Apple (saddled with their Linux centric view) is always stuck viewing each stand alone device as a stand alone device. QNX allows for device asymmetry yet compatibility and integration. The revolution has begun.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:13 PM
    Could you give us the time stamp??

Always gotta give the time stamp man...
    Spoiler... haha!
    Sure you don't wanna watch / listen to the whole thing... ? :-)

OK, here we go.

It's at the very end, starting from approx. 68mins, mentions tablets etc. at around 70:02 and especially physical keyboard right after 70:40....

"No doubt were working on it..."

Have fun!

10-22-14 10:55 PM
    Prem, this is the genius of BB10. QNX allows BlackBerry to think outside the box whereas Apple (saddled with their Linux centric view) is always stuck viewing each stand alone device as a stand alone device. QNX allows for device asymmetry yet compatibility and integration. The revolution has begun.

Posted via CB10
    Don't wanna be a smarty, but Apple's definitely not into Linux. ;-)

It's Darwin, a BSD/Unix style kernel. In the end it's all very similar in that those OSes are POSIX-compliant, but that's about it. Monolithic kernels can be very hard to maintain...

The RTOS kernel offers so much more... !

10-22-14 11:01 PM
    Don't wanna be a smarty, but Apple's definitely not into Linux. ;-)

It's Darwin, a BSD/Unix style kernel. In the end it's all very similar in that those OSes are POSIX-compliant, but that's about it. Monolithic kernels can be very hard to maintain...

The RTOS kernel offers so much more... !

Yeah, sorry about that, I was thinking Unix. Brain had slipped off the cracker.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:06 PM
    Sooo they are working on a slider by the sounds of it, maybe with this new "pop-out" form factor, or maybe a traditional slider. The pop-out patent could simply be a distractor, to gain interest in this type of device, but then use the traditional form.

Personally I hope for a Torch style slider as opposed to this new form factor. It's a winner all on its own, without the risk of the popout part malfunctioning (never had issues with 9810 and was quite rough with it)

As far as a tablet goes.. I could see them trying to offer something similar to the Surface, but maybe with a traditional BlackBerry (w/trackpad) PKB somehow integrated. Would love to see a 7-8" tablet with a PKB that pops out and has some really good speakers on either side. A big challenge with tablets though is that, at this point in time, it should be able to basically replace a laptop without lagging or other sacrifices.

BB for Life
    10-30-14 04:33 PM
    If they do make another tablet I hope the screen comes in a 4:3 ratio rather than 16:9. A sliding keyboard of some sort would be welcome too. I guess I'm really wishing for a small tablet/laptop combo.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 01:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, BlackBerry is revolutionary and Apple is terrible. I think I've heard that here before.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    11-09-14 10:19 PM