I suspect that once you really get accustomed to Passport, it's benefits really become apparent. Before considering the upgrade I would appreciate hearing from those who are going through the process.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:02 PM
    Its about a two hour get to know your best friend.
    10-20-14 07:06 PM
    The only thing I would say if you watch tv on it is that the video is smaller than the Z10, but video is better. I have Z10, Z30 and Passport. Web Browser is quick, battery life is about the same as Z30. Could because I've been multitasking. Like listening to slacker, bluetooth earbuds and on the web

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:36 PM
    I'd have to say it took me a week to get used to the keyboard and I'm still perfecting it. So yes the learning curve is there and I think it will take some users more than a week to master it.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:27 PM
    I agree, this is my first keyboard cellphone but the word suggestions sure help.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:39 PM
    Some things take a few hours, others honestly take weeks to feel natural.

- First few hours:

• How do I hold this thing?
    • How do I get used to the three rows of keys when my brain knows four rows?!
    • Spacebar between V and B feels so weird!
    • Not using flick typing much if at all.
    • Engaging virtual row for punctuation actually feels fine.
    • Engaging the alternate symbols keyboard via @123 button or downward swipe gesture doesn't feel natural hunting and pecking for my desired keys.
    • Not using double tapping for cursor control much, keep touch screen instead (used to touch screen editing)
    • Not remembering to scroll down in feeds and lists with the capacitive keyboard
    • Typing rather slow compared to my fast typing on a glass screen

- After a few days to a week:

• Three rows feels natural
    • Still trying to figure out the best comfortable way to hold the device and feel 'secure'
    • Spacebar between V and B feels fine now, don't even think about it.
    • Engaging alternate keys with @123 button instead of downward swipe gesture
    • Testing out cursor control more for text editing - doesn't feel like second nature yet, still want to touch screen to select text.
    • Loving scrolling through feeds, Web articles in reader mode, etc with the touch keyboard!
    • Typing somewhat faster, though not as fast as on glass or even when I used a 9900

- After a couple/few weeks:

• Typing acceptably fast now, muscle memory is there to not look at screen even!
    • Using the cursor control a lot more for text editing, learned I need to double tap OFF once I've finished positioning cursor to not make errors.
    • Alternate symbols virtual keyboard feels fairly natural now, swiping down is the way to go!
    • Flick typing a lot more than before, which really aids in one handed use
    • Finally figured out a couple different grips to hold the device that feel good

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BrizzadMan; 10-21-14 at 01:22 PM.
    10-20-14 11:01 PM
    After a few days it feels good. I hold it with my pinky from my right hand underneath the phone to keep it from falling down. Took me a week to get used to that now my pinky doesn't hurt lol.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    10-20-14 11:20 PM
    Just went over some review today on youtube. It seems like the passport isn't that great. Wait until i actually get a hand on it to tell though

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:48 PM
    Just went over some review today on youtube. It seems like the passport isn't that great. Wait until i actually get a hand on it to tell though

Posted via CB10
    You checked out "some review". Try the phone for yourself before being so quick to judge. That phone has more useful technology than any phone on the market.

Posted via Q10RR
    10-21-14 06:13 AM
    Passport is device so good that many don't believe it's a BlackBerry. You have to try the device and once get accustomed it's amazing.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-21-14 08:16 AM
    I am sure that some of the negative reviews are based on use of the Passport, before the required learning curve has been mastered.

BB10 requires a learning curve, so pretty tough on someone unfamiliar with BlackBerry, to just pick up a Passport without experiencing some frustration.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 09:38 AM
    The only thing I would say if you watch tv on it is that the video is smaller than the Z10, but video is better.
    I'm pretty sure the video on the Passport is slightly larger than the Z10 in landscape, but a bit smaller than iPhone 5.
    10-21-14 10:43 AM
    I'm pretty sure the video on the Passport is slightly larger than the Z10 in landscape, but a bit smaller than iPhone 5.
    Still unbelievable that the Z10 had such a small screen.... but you are right!

After a few weeks you are very quick with the keyboard and you start to focus on the top row for flick-typing.

Using all the additional symbols and numbers is far more convenient than on the Z30.

Holding it is something that you get used to quite quickly.

After a couple of weeks you totally forget how enormous the best phone actually is and you find ways to do basic stuff with just one hand.

I used to use my Z30 for a few weeks afterwards, but it got a little pointless for me after getting used to the Passport.

Watching films on the screen is fine. It is actually bigger than on the Z10

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 01:34 PM
    How's BlackBerry Blend working?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 02:11 PM
    When I am on my Notebook, I finally don't have to use Gmail and all the other providers anymore.

I still prefer my work email on outlook.

With BBM there as well and access to everything, I finally am not playing with my phone that much.

I just use it at home and not at work, however.

Since the passport does pretty much everything I need, the time to on my Notebook is pretty much just restricted to work.

Pleasure comes from the Passport XD

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 02:42 PM
    Would be nice if the Passport could eliminate the need for a laptop or desktop for some, by providing a comparable experience when connected to a monitor, keyboard and printer.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 04:51 PM
    Im used to it already. Coming from a z10 the two things i like are battery life and the physical keyboard.
    10-21-14 07:52 PM
    Only took a few days to get use to it

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-21-14 08:02 PM
    I still don't type on it that well. I'm thinking that I've used touchscreen so long and have gotten so good at them that using a keyboard this large and with this much reach just isn't natural for me. Overall its a nice device. I honestly think its a little too wide for me. I wear a suit every day and while its ok with the suit it isn't much for an after work phone size wise as it takes up all the space and bulges out pretty bad in my pockets (and no I don't wear skinny jeans). Other than that I do really like blend and the battery life has been good. I don't think the keyboard will work for me though and at this point and will probably end up either selling it or just keeping it as a device to use now and then. I would say if you are a keyboard person then it is a great phone. If you are used to a full touch screen typing experience then it might cause you some issues because this is a different keyboard than you have used before. Again others opinions may differ but those are mine so far.
    10-21-14 08:23 PM
    Takes a solid week as a daily driver to get comfortable (I'm a slow learner)...but, that can be said for any device, or big OS update really...best device I have ever used. That's a period. Here's another one.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    10-21-14 09:35 PM
    Takes a solid week as a daily driver to get comfortable (I'm a slow learner)...but, that can be said for any device, or big OS update really...best device I have ever used. That's a period. Here's another one.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    Can't wait. To get that call from Optus....

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-21-14 10:21 PM
    Had mine a week now, mine keeps taking screen shots when I am removing it or putting it back into the holster

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-21-14 10:29 PM
    It's in the end all personal what you think of any device. A bad review doesn't mean that you wouldn't like the device. And because the Passport is different it will take a learning curve. It's not your everage device for sure. And when you are used to a full touch or a qwerty like the bold 9900 or Q10, yes the Passport is different. From OS7 to BB10 also took a learning curve.
    Yes I'm used to type with one hand since my bold 9700. I hold the Passport and I can't type with one hand. Will this be a problem for me? Will the Passport be a device that can fill my needs? Every device has its cons and pros. The decision is up to you.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 04:00 AM