just had the passport dropped off by fedex today. turn it on and play around a bit with it(no sim yet) just staring at the screen and what do i see? a green dot. im assuming its a dead pixel. how bad is that? is it something that could lead to more big problems or what? i dont want to have to send back for a replacement because of it, but at same time, almost want to. suggestions advice?

again, if it is isolated to that one, i would be pretty OK with it. LMK what yas think. This thing is sexy as all hell BTW. not at big in the hands as i thought. good thing i guess.not complaining at all. advice needed-img_20141020_192205.jpg
    10-20-14 06:29 PM
    I know I couldn't keep it, I would stare at that dead pixel forever. Some folks have had more dead pixels develop from one, but I have no experience with it happening on a Passport.

If you can live with it, best of luck to you but I would work on an exchange or at least a discount.
    donmateo and thedose like this.
    10-20-14 06:33 PM
    I know I couldn't keep it, I would stare at that dead pixel forever. Some folks have had more dead pixels develop from one, but I have no experience with it happening on a Passport.

If you can live with it, best of luck to you but I would work on an exchange or at least a discount.
    ive never seen or even noticed one before. in that picture, left of the time/date. correct to assume that is one?

also, is it a hassle to have them replace it? no refurb stuff.
    10-20-14 06:37 PM
    I would send it back. I am sure that you paid good money for it so why should you settle for anything less than perfect? If you don't replace it, you will probably regret it later.

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    troubauk likes this.
    10-20-14 06:40 PM
    Lol, I'll be backordered I'm sure.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:46 PM
    It would drive me insane. Here's to hoping I don't have the same problem! :O
    10-20-14 06:47 PM
    Looks like a dead pixel... brand new device... I'd be pretty unhappy but not sure if I'd send it back. The turn around to get another one might be too much for me to take. Just about every cell phone I've had has eventually developed a screen issue, so I've kinda learned to live with it. You should probably look into exchanging it.

There used to be a point in time where if it was only a "few" dead pixels they wouldn't replace a monitor. You had to have like 5 or 6 separate ones. But, I haven't seen a dead pixel on a monitor in years...
    10-20-14 06:47 PM
    It's totally up to you. If it's gonna bother you and you notice it in apps than sure you need to exchange, otherwise it will drive you insane... if you have like 30 days to return it then just wait a few week and then try to exchange, when the stock is there

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:51 PM
    No question. Return it for a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:53 PM
    Fortunately, green isn't as visible except on dark backgrounds. I have a green stuck pixel on my desktop monitor near the top and it doesnt bother me. It seems to me that mobile screens are less prone to such artifacts, though. What is BB's dead/stuck pixel policy? Just one pixel doesn't seem too bad. Is it somewhere on the screen where you can't avoid staring at it?
    10-20-14 06:55 PM
    It's not dead it's frozen. Think there are apps in BBworld that flash the screen different colors and can unfreeze it

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:56 PM
    Try to unfreeze it. If that fails send it back and don't look back. It will haunt you if you don't plus will cripple resale down the road.
    10-20-14 07:00 PM
    If I had a Z30 to use in the meantime, I'd send it back.

If all I had was an iPhone in the meantime, I'd keep it and LOVE that little dead green pixel!
    10-20-14 07:02 PM
    If it is bothering you that much, better be safe than sorry, return it for exchange.
    10-20-14 07:12 PM
    I would sent it back and get another one
    10-20-14 07:15 PM
    Definitely send it back, no matter how long it takes to get another one.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:21 PM
    Seems like stock is being manufactured now, wouldn't settle for anything Less than Brand New

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-20-14 07:26 PM
    I don't have a PP...so I'm jealous...but i wouldn't settle for that on a brand new handset...

Posted via Z10
    10-20-14 07:47 PM
    Ahhh what's the exchange time from shopbb? Wait it out till they get stock back in. Probably wouldn't send back until I knew that they had it. Or do they send first?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:13 PM
    It's a screen defect, a normal screen should not have any pixels that are dead. It could also be lint, dust, or a piece of screen fragment. Eventually it will get bigger! Return asap!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    10-20-14 08:24 PM
    Ahhh what's the exchange time from shopbb? Wait it out till they get stock back in. Probably wouldn't send back until I knew that they had it. Or do they send first?

Posted via CB10
    I would expect that they'd make replacing one with a defect a priority. Likely get bumped to the front of the line for a new one. I would send it back and demand a new one within 2 business days!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:36 PM
    I got a couple emails out to them. Will be ringing in the am. We'll see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    donmateo likes this.
    10-20-14 10:43 PM
    It's not dead it's frozen. Think there are apps in BBworld that flash the screen different colors and can unfreeze it

Posted via CB10
    I have a stuck pixel on my PlayBook. I've run those kinds of apps many times, it never comes unstuck.

Luckily mine is also a green one. Only notice it on a black screen really.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 10:47 PM
    I would send it back
    10-20-14 10:50 PM
    Anyone know if I'd get a brand new one or is gonna be some repaired thing if I exchange it? Waiting on a call back just trying to find out

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 11:59 AM
27 12