Is there anyway to make it so that autodim will not dim my screen while I'm in certain applications ... like google maps. It is very annoying when my wife is trying to give me directions using google maps while I am driving and the screen keeps autodiming and then the display turns off.

There has to be a option or setting to make so that the display doesn't turn off while I'm in certain apps without having to continuing to press buttons.

HELP?
    11-18-08 01:36 PM
    it always dims, thats just how blackberrys work. even of you have auto dim off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 01:40 PM
    So there is no way to make it so the display doesn't turn off while in google maps ... so i don't have to keep pressing buttons to prevent the screen from turning off...Darn.
    11-20-08 03:49 PM
    So there is no way to make it so the display doesn't turn off while in google maps ... so i don't have to keep pressing buttons to prevent the screen from turning off...Darn.
    There is an option in BB Maps you can use that keeps the screen lit (only while using BB Maps) until the battery has reached 75%, 50%, 25% capacity. Very nice when using the GPS. I don't think Googla Maps has the same otion, though.
    11-20-08 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD