idea: Attachable keyboard-clip-passport-keyboard-comparison.jpgThe attached image shows a normal passport beside one that has a proposed attachable keyboard.
    This keyboard will slide up over top of the phones current keyboard, and clip up into the usb port on the bottom of the phone. The new keyboard will be held in place by encasing the back of the phone as well, where it can reach the top of the phone and clip around the top corners of the phone(acting as a phone case as well as a keyboard).
    This after market keyboard should be as thick as necessary to incorporate back lighting, and the awesome touch capacitive features. It also needs to have all of the numbers and symbols function properly, like on a Q10.
    rai187 and Swave514 like this.
    10-18-14 11:56 PM
    Why would you have a keyboard overtop of a keyboard? Am I missing something here?

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-19-14 12:16 AM
    But why... If you cant stand pp keyboard that much then buy a classic... However your idea give me a thought: what if bb make some similar to this, but to be attached and connected via bluetooth to z10 or z30. Every time you install this the part of screen under the keyboard automatically turns black, and content on screen move up to fit the new screen

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-19-14 12:23 AM
    Same as with Typo
    Aahleksh and solitude1984 like this.
    10-19-14 12:30 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clip-on passport keyboard comparison.jpg 
Views:	1906 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	307206The attached image shows a normal passport beside one that has a proposed attachable keyboard.
    This keyboard will slide up over top of the phones current keyboard, and clip up into the usb port on the bottom of the phone. The new keyboard will be held in place by encasing the back of the phone as well, where it can reach the top of the phone and clip around the top corners of the phone(acting as a phone case as well as a keyboard).
    This after market keyboard should be as thick as necessary to incorporate back lighting, and the awesome touch capacitive features. It also needs to have all of the numbers and symbols function properly, like on a Q10.
    I think you made a typo.

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-19-14 01:04 AM
    Why would you have a keyboard overtop of a keyboard? Am I missing something here?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah you are! You are missing the alt key, shift keys, symbol key, spacebar in the proper location, numbers and symbols!

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-19-14 07:23 AM
    But why... If you cant stand pp keyboard that much then buy a classic... However your idea give me a thought: what if bb make some similar to this, but to be attached and connected via bluetooth to z10 or z30. Every time you install this the part of screen under the keyboard automatically turns black, and content on screen move up to fit the new screen

Posted via CB10
    Realistically, i'm probably going to get the classic.
    But wouldn't it be nice to have all the awesome features packed in one phone? A wicked screen, flagship hardware, a normal keyboard layout.

And your idea is pretty neat. Because when anyone wants to watch a video, they can just pull off the keyboard and have fullscreen media.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by vague5255; 10-19-14 at 09:54 AM.
    10-19-14 07:28 AM
    Yeah you are! You are missing the alt key, shift keys, symbol key, spacebar in the proper location, numbers and symbols!

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I see. So this isn't a Passport but a new phone concept that is all touch with a clip on keyboard? Yeah, that will be a hit <_<

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 10:11 AM
    I think the simpler solution would be to simple create a variant of the Passport with a four row, traditional BlackBerry keyboard that retains the touch enabled features of the current Passport. Each user would then be able to choose whichever version he prefers.
    10-19-14 10:20 AM
    If you do that then you loose the track pad

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    10-19-14 10:30 AM
    I like this keyboard when previously I was a touch screen fan. Why all this fetish for the old keyboard which quite frankly was crap?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 10:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Veeeery good advice.
    Let me give you one: don't know if you have BlackBerry Passport or not but if you have one for more than two weeks, try go back to Q10.
    I want a picture of your face straight on.
    I just couldn't stop laughing! There is no comparison between screens of these devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 11:10 AM
    Whatever Ryan Seacrest, this guy still won't give it up-

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    dejanh likes this.
    10-19-14 12:29 PM
    So with this attachable keyboard, how do you swipe from the bottom of the screen to minimize app? Didn't think about it eh?
    10-19-14 01:03 PM
    Typo is going to sue you.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 on CB10!
    10-19-14 01:17 PM
    I just filled out one of the BlackBerry beta zone surveys on the passport and it asks about what type of keyboard you prefer. One choice is a four row touch enabled physical keyboard. Not sure what plans they have for it as it was just a survey but at least they're aware the 3 row doesn't suit everyone perfectly (although I love it)

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:26 PM
    I first thought this was a concept for a PP slate + physical thumb board like those from the palm and pocket pc days

I honestly think that if there are a lot of PP returns related to the kb in particular, BB will update or create gestures and/or key presses to create function keys that can be used with or without the touch screen. Future PPs would of course then have the standard symbols printed on physical kb again and perhaps there's be physical key cap replacements and/or decals to update old PPs.

It's great so many have embraced the 3 row kb, but more choices for how it can be used widens the number of potential buyers.
    10-19-14 05:06 PM

ID:	307206The attached image shows a normal passport beside one that has a proposed attachable keyboard.
    That ain't no typo!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 06:17 PM
    Maybe in the future the key is touch-sensitive in the way when user long touch it it will bring up symbols attached to this key. And maybe more advanced, every keys has its own tiny screen so when you long touch it will change to symbol itself... productivity at it best. For now I'm not 100% satisactory with pp kb, not keen on typing on physical and virtual kb at the same time, it just weird for me

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 07:08 PM

Do you work for Typo?
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    10-19-14 07:37 PM
    I'm going to build an attachment that puts a toolbelt clip-on across the bottom of the Q10 screen and call it the classic.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-19-14 09:26 PM
    You guys realize that swiping down on the keyboard brings up the virtual keyboard with all the corresponding keys so that your fingers never actually leave the physical keyboard. Yes, it's new and not the same as the Q10 but isn't that the point?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-20-14 02:31 AM