All is in the question : Is the BlackBerry Classic is for you?
    That person really knows yet, why? Just because we are waiting for the official launch of it. Do you remember the day you've purchased your first BlackBerry OS 7.0 ? Me yes I remember the day when I've buy my BlackBerry Bold 9900 I was so excited because the time has the Bold was THE phone to have with his touch screen (the first in the market), especially with a full physical keyboard.
    BlackBerry 10 was introduced by T.Heins the 01/30/2013 with BlackBerry Z10, the first BlackBerry 10 smartphones with a 4,2" full touch screen and it was already a revolution in BlackBerry.
    The BlackBerry Q10 he did not waste any time to be unveiled. The month of June 2013 the first smartphone to physical keyboard BlackBerry in OS10 arrived and everyone thinking what the Q10 was the Bold 9900 upgrade but Where is the tool belt ? That is the question.
    The answer is simple, BlackBerry Q10 is not the BlackBerry Bold 9900 upgrade. BlackBerry Q10 is the next innovation of BlackBerry after the Z10 with a 1:1 bigger screen (3,1") than Bold 9900.

OH ? What's this phone ?�

Is the BlackBerry Classic is for you ?-1413307031328.jpg

This is just the BlackBerry Bold 9900 upgrade called "BlackBerry Classic". Why Classic ? Because that's the beginning of BlackBerry " tool belt" and nobody here can say the tool belt isn't necessary NOW you've seen the BlackBerry Classic Hands On.

Is the BlackBerry Classic is for you ?

My answer : he's for errbody because WE ARE CLASSIC, WE ARE BLACKBERRY.

Sorry all for my English I've try to answer a question what people ask me.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 04:02 PM
    The Classic is a really exciting device concept. Waiting to hold one in hand is getting to be difficult. The three line keyboard is daunting but overall the design looks better for my function than the Passport. BB10 is a wonder and hoping to see more and more functionality as time goes along.
    10-16-14 04:10 PM
    I think the Classic is the device for me, but I just ended up getting a Bold 9930 with Verizon because of issues with my curve on another carrier. The bold will allow me to hold off on getting the Classic until sometime next year, as I was planning on purchasing the Classic outright anyway.
    10-16-14 06:51 PM
    I think the BlackBerry Classic is for two kinds of people: BBOS users looking to replace their devices with a new, yet familiar BlackBerry (such as a 9700 user moving to a 9900) and also long-time BlackBerry users who find themselves more productive with the tool 'belt' and wish it were present on their Q10 or Q5. The Classic also looks like a great fleet upgrade for businesses looking to replace BBOS devices.
    wilber1, phuoc and momofteme like this.
    10-16-14 08:03 PM
    Yes, this phone is for me.

I have no alternative.

I wanted a fast phone with all the great features and efficiency of BBOS with a keyboard and trackpad.

May not be perfect but the Classic is the closest I can get.

Can only hope BB gives it more BBOS features in OS updates.
    wilber1 likes this.
    10-16-14 09:20 PM
    The Classic is for me, it fit my needs.
    I remembered my first Blackberry device, it was the T-mobile Blackberry Curve (don't remember what model it is. In 2007.

People said the Toolbelt is not necessary anymore. What about the physical keyboard? It's not necessary also, there is virtual keyboard to replace that.

When I think of Blackberry I think of physical keyboard and Toolbelt. I loved Blackberry but I will never going to buy full touch screen BlackBerry phone. That just me, I loved physical.

Posted via Q10
    10-16-14 09:25 PM
    As a Verizon customer it is starting to look like the Passport is not form me. I want it, but I'm losing faith that Verizon will get Passport. So I'll take a long hard look at the Classic and see if it's worth upgrading from my Q10.
    10-16-14 10:25 PM
    The classic is exactly what I want. I have missed the simplicity of good old fashioned buttons on the tool belt. It will easier to navigate the OS with buttons then swiping gestures. Text collection on touchscreen is not as easy as the trackpad to. The classic looks like it can be used one handed which is another thing I like.
    I am a bit disappointed the specs are not really a upgrade from my Q10, that said I'd rather buy a Classic then the larger Passport.
    momofteme likes this.
    10-17-14 12:50 AM
    If it didn't have a camera, I would without a doubt buy one. The bigger screen and a more modern OS/ browser would be enough for me. I absolutely LOVE my 9900's keyboard.
    10-17-14 12:16 PM
    I love the look of the classic, I like the design, what the build quality appears to be, and the specs are fine with me.

Yes - it's for me.
    Pretty much what he said. Except I truly don't believe that the leaked specs are what it's going to be. The passport leaked specs were worse than the what actually came out as well.

I'm not even the slightest bit worried.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:17 AM
    If it didn't have a camera, I would without a doubt buy one. The bigger screen and a more modern OS/ browser would be enough for me. I absolutely LOVE my 9900's keyboard.
    I'm pretty sure they are producing a version without the camera, for Enterprise customers.

From a Z30
    BB_Junky likes this.
    10-18-14 09:44 AM
    It sure is, the buttons, especially the trackpad cannot be beat for precision and speed of use with one hand. Replacing my Q10 right away.
    10-18-14 09:54 AM
    I love the look of the classic, I like the design, what the build quality appears to be, and the specs are fine with me.

Yes - it's for me.
    Here-here! You can add the dimensions as well, it's the perfect fit for me.
    10-18-14 11:41 AM
    Yes , I think the Classic is for me. I still have and love my 9900 but the software and screen are just too outdated imo.

I think the Classic will fit my needs perfect.
    10-18-14 11:51 AM
    Not for me. I think BlackBerry have converted me into an all touch guy.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-18-14 11:52 AM
    It is, after about 6 months, for a reduced price

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:21 PM
    I had many BlackBerry and now the Z10... Definitely going for the Classic...

Torch - Bold9790 - Bold9900 - PlayBook - Z10
    10-18-14 01:07 PM
    Holding out for the non-PKB but it's brilliant!

Check out my photography channel
    10-18-14 01:11 PM
    I'm in as soon as verizon has one for sale.

I am a little disappointed in the current leaked specs, but I also don't have a whole lot of faith in them.

The prototypes seem to be Q10's exactly hardware wise...I am sure they were using parts they had laying around, but If the passport is working fine on 10.3.? they could surely move up to those specs without much fear of incompatibility. (Not expectng those specs, but Z30 ish sounds reasonable from Thurask's digging around in the software.

does anybody remember the specs of the Dev Alpha C?

Another question, no classic has gone through FCC yet has it?
    10-18-14 01:32 PM
    This is a huge reason why I've loved Blackberries. The scroll wheel on side was initially a big draw for the brand, and the trackpad is even better for one handed use. I do miss the way you could hold the phone and use the scroll wheel, versus the hand position needed to use the trackpad. Either way, both are one-handed operation and that's amazing.
    I totally agree. One of the things I miss about my 9700, 9790, 9900, was the track pad. Selecting text and placing the cursor with the Z10 is a PITA.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-18-14 04:42 PM
    The more I see pictures of the Classic, the more it's growing on me. I was desperate for the Passport on Verizon, but now that it's beginning to look like it won't be possible I began to think maybe I'd "settle" for the Classic. Now, however, I'm thinking I might like the Classic even more. The Passport is a radical design departure for BlackBerry but perhaps I was seduced by that huge screen and the novelty of it. Since I love the form factor of my Q10 so much I'm now thinking I'd be better suited by the Classic.
    10-18-14 04:58 PM
    As much as I loved my 9700 (and my Pearl, too) I have really become accustomed to the full touchscreen real estate of the Z. I'm sure I would really enjoy using the Classic but likely would complain about about the smaller screen.
    10-18-14 05:06 PM
    So, my son broke his DROID RAZR Maxx. Instead of replacing it with the $100 insurance replacement, I opted to purchase a 9930 for $50 from a pawn shop. It took a little work, but now it is up and running. But after fooling with it for awhile, I remembered how much I loved this phone when I had it. I have had good experiences with all the BlackBerry 10 devices I have owned - the Z30, Q10, and the Z10. Since the Passport is not coming to Verizon, then the Classic may be for me. Hopefully, it will come to Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 05:08 PM
    So, my son broke his DROID RAZR Maxx. Instead of replacing it with the $100 insurance replacement, I opted to purchase a 9930 for $50 from a pawn shop. It took a little work, but now it is up and running. But after fooling with it for awhile, I remembered how much I loved this phone when I had it. I have had good experiences with all the BlackBerry 10 devices I have owned - the Z30, Q10, and the Z10. Since the Passport is not coming to Verizon, then the Classic may be for me. Hopefully, it will come to Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    I tried to go back to a pre-BB10 device but lack of access to email sub folders kills it for me. I absolutely loved the 9930 but I needed those sub folders on BIS. I was a hair away from getting a hosted BES plan when BB10 was announced. No going back for me now.
    10-18-14 11:38 PM
    Selecting text and placing the cursor with the Z10 is a PITA.
    This why I'm looking forward to the Classic.

Posted using my VZW BlackBerry Z30
    10-19-14 05:04 PM
40 12