After setting up BlackBerry Bridge, you can share some things with your PlayBook. I like launching browser items from my Z10 with its faster browser, to the Playbook when it is HDMI out to the tv, or on the rapid dock by itself. Saves waiting for slower reactions from the older hardware but you get to consume from the larger screen. I also use the Playbook as a video intercom over wifi from the house to the shed. Makes it easy for my Daughters to conveniently contact me as they both have Playbooks, and I have a dedicated PlayBook for out in the shed and another in my truck for work. I still use them a lot as a matter of fact. I've become a PlayBook hoarder. I have a dead fifth one for parts if necessary(a friend gave it to me after he left it outside in the rain) . Can't beat the price you can get one for. The last two i bought, i paid $65 for each.
    My apologies if this information has been posted many times before.
    Let me know what else that you can share with the Playbook that i haven't realized yet.
    Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails BB10 share to PlayBook-img_20141015_210510.png  
    dmlis likes this.
    10-15-14 07:26 PM
    My apologies if this information has been posted many times before.
    Sure, now harm done.
    10-15-14 08:24 PM
    I only wish we could have the capabilities to share our entire bb10 phone screens on the PlayBook. Just to have it as a larger screen

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    10-16-14 12:47 AM
    I use it for sharing music and files too.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 04:17 PM
    I was disappointed when I couldn't share with Blue tooth. Too bad the Playbook didn't have NFC. I had thought I had read somewhere that it was NFC ready. I would have enjoyed mentioning (to my sheeple friends) that the 2011 "failure " had NFC years before Apple decided to join 2014, among other things they added that were already on Android and BlackBerry.
    If i am wrong about sharing with Blue tooth, please correct me with an example. I'm hoping I just didn't do it right.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 08:08 PM
    I only wish we could have the capabilities to share our entire bb10 phone screens on the PlayBook. Just to have it as a larger screen

Posted via CB10
    Or at least a unique PlayBook version of our phones being mirrored with a smoking version of bridge.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 08:11 PM
    After setting up BlackBerry Bridge, you can share some things with your PlayBook. I like launching browser items from my Z10 with its faster browser, to the Playbook when it is HDMI out to the tv, or on the rapid dock by itself. Saves waiting for slower reactions from the older hardware but you get to consume from the larger screen.

Cheers!
    Sorry, if I misunderstand, but why not to connect Z10 via HDMI directly to the TV?
    10-19-14 02:07 PM
    Sorry, if I misunderstand, but why not to connect Z10 via HDMI directly to the TV?
    That would be fine if i was watching a 2 hour movie. But I'm not going to stand by the tv and control the phone. That's why I use the Playbook tethered to the TV with the HDMI out, and control the Playbook with the remote function on the Z10. I don't even bother searching on the Playbook. I find what I want on the phone first and then open it on the Playbook /TV. Works nice like that.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    10-19-14 08:20 PM
    That would be fine if i was watching a 2 hour movie. But I'm not going to stand by the tv and control the phone. That's why I use the Playbook tethered to the TV with the HDMI out, and control the Playbook with the remote function on the Z10. I don't even bother searching on the Playbook. I find what I want on the phone first and then open it on the Playbook /TV. Works nice like that.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, I never thought about that. Not applicable for my home as desktop is always few steps away, but this is good for hotel room when I travel without laptop. Especially for tired eyes.
    Thanks for the hint!
    awindsr likes this.
    10-21-14 09:14 AM