When you really think about it it's just the toolbelt. That doesn't make it an upgrade. No removable battery, it's not as compact as the 9900 or Q10, hardware is not that much better.

Try imagining how good the Q10 will be with 10.3!

The classic is only an upgrade if you're still on the 9900 or another bb7 device!!!!
    bbnrs likes this.
    10-15-14 05:36 PM
    to some the belt matters a great deal and those people will be happy to upgrade from the q10 to a classic
    donemt and davisgq like this.
    10-15-14 05:39 PM
    I'm really happy with my Q10 I have it for almost 2 weeks and really enjoying it so far. I came from a note2 samsung. The feel of this phone is so sleek and easier to carry. I love texting and emailing with this phone it works so much better than my android. But when the classic comes out it will be interesting to see the reviews. I looks nice too. The only thing is I don't want a huge phone so if sprint offers it here I would actually have to feel it in my hands.

Posted from my Q10
    syah iejam, bbnrs and Xenolock like this.
    10-15-14 06:05 PM
    Yep, actually, it's an upgrade from Q5

Posted via CB10 on my Cute 10
    10-15-14 06:47 PM
    It's not meant to be an upgrade for anything. It's another model of phone.

A Q10 upgrade would be another Q10 with different features. Better cpu, more ram, better camera, storage etc.

Posted via CB10
    BullGuard8, earloi and bbnrs like this.
    10-15-14 06:54 PM
    Well, I have the Q10 and the 9900. I wish the Q10 had the toolbar, to be honest. I just prefer using the touchpad to navigate, rather than the touchscreen.

That said, I can't imagine being able to justify the cost of the Classic, given that it is not that different from the Q10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    jakie55 and Barbareren like this.
    10-15-14 06:59 PM
    I do like the LCD screen vs the amoled. But agree with OP. No point spending money when I have a great phone already. Love my Q10!

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    earloi, Marthaelisa17 and bbnrs like this.
    10-15-14 07:01 PM
    Well, early reviewers are harping on the screen being better than the Q10, so maybe there's more reason to upgrade. - do wish the processor/RAM specs were a bit better, though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    neoberry99 and Chrisy like this.
    10-15-14 07:59 PM
    I'm really happy with my Q10 I have it for almost 2 weeks and really enjoying it so far. I came from a note2 samsung. The feel of this phone is so sleek and easier to carry. I love texting and emailing with this phone it works so much better than my android. But when the classic comes out it will be interesting to see the reviews. I looks nice too. The only thing is I don't want a huge phone so if sprint offers it here I would actually have to feel it in my hands.

Posted from my Q10
    For some reason Sprint has been so anti-blackberry that I highly doubt they'll release the classic. There's been no news of the passport either. If you go on their site it's completely designed to draw attn to the new iphone 6. I'll personally stay w the q10 for the time being. Have a 9900 that was given to me for work so I use that as well. I've seen myself swiping up on the 9900 more often than not which leads me to think that ive mentally and subconsciously outgrown the toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:41 PM
    I've had my Q10 for almost 2 years now. I Love it. And I'll love it more with 10.3. I don't think I'll upgrade phones ever again until there is a Q10 with a touch sensitive keyboard like the passport. Then there would be no need for a toolbelt like the classic. And the Nirvana of phones will be achieved.
    10-15-14 08:51 PM
    I totally agree. I don't see how anyone that has used a Q10 daily could fathom going back to a toolbelt device. I don't understand the LCD vs AMOLED debate either. What are ppl doing with their phones that the amoled doesn't suffice? Screening movies? Currently running 10.3.0.1418 and it's like getting an all new phone. Cant wait for the dark hub.

Posted via CB10
    davisgq likes this.
    10-15-14 09:17 PM
    I'm not saying the 9900 and the classic aren't amazing phones. I play with my 9900 occasionally and it sits on the night table functioning as my alarm clock since it has the stand up charger.

I will likely get the passport though as that weirdness factor appeals to me. The specs are screaming too. If I don't like it I'll return it! I'll still have my amazing Q10 that will have 10.3 by then!

I would be all about the classic if I still used a 9900 as my primary phone though. It's a beautiful phone, but I really can't justify buying it. If I'm going to spend money, I should spend it on the best out there and at the moment, it's the passport. The passport is a new experience entirely. I guess I'm not really looking for a "classic" experience. I want to experience the BlackBerry of the future!
    10-16-14 12:12 AM
    The Classic has a toolbelt, trackpad and a larger screen. IMHO that is enough of an upgrade for quite some Q10 owners to switch devices. Since there were some people in the beginning who complained exactly about these points: no trackpad, no additional toolbelt (problems when answering/ending calls) and the screen could be a tad larger. BlackBerry adressed virtually everything people complained about with the Classic.

Regarding the AMOLED vs. LCD debate: I have always been an AMOLED fan until my Lumia 1020 started showing burn-in after just six months and my Q10 started showing somefirst burn-ins after just about a year of use.
    Those burn-ins are the most major problem with all AMOLED phones and everybody who likes to keep a clean screen and keep their phones for more than just a year are far better off buying a LCD device for longevity.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    neoberry99, crishelling and donemt like this.
    10-16-14 12:24 AM
    So what if it's priced accordingly? Wouldn't that be cool? What if BlackBerry's tactic is to keep the hardware more mid-range and low ball the price to get most of the legacy users to bite?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:30 AM
    I'm with most of the above comments. To get an extra .4 in screen size doesn't seem to warrant such a larger device created largely by the toolbelt. I think I would go to the Passport before the Classic.
    10-16-14 12:49 AM
    If I had to choose my next phone, it'd be the BlackBerry classic. I like the look better than the passport. However, I LOVE my q10 and have no need to change phones

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 02:15 AM
    I hope Sprint does continue to sell blackberry. I might have to switch carriers if not. I am content with my Q10 so when it's time for my upgrade (2years) hopefully Sprint will have something for me.

Posted from my Q10
    10-16-14 04:05 AM
    The two things on the Classic I want are the dedicated phone/end keys and a bit bigger screen. Everyone around me has these big screens that are great for watching content and my little tiny Q10 screen is just too small for me now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-16-14 05:47 AM
    Q10 fits in my top shirt pocket. I can button the flap and it won't fall out. No need to use my holster. A taller device won't fit.

Tool belt is sooo 2000.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr.Willie; 10-16-14 at 10:17 AM.
    10-16-14 10:03 AM
    That tool belt is huge to some. My friend's 9900 died and he got a S5 because no BlackBerry phone had a tool belt. This was early this year, so is a BlackBerry diehard. He says the tool belt in the Classic will bring him back.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    10-16-14 10:10 AM
    The little bit of extra screen is nice but now that the cut and paste has been improved I've forgotten about the need for a toolbelt. It just makes the device larger than it needs to be imo.
    10-16-14 10:14 AM
    Interesting comments above about amoled and lcd. I haven't had any burn in and now that I'm used to a less bright display I'm not sure of the benefit of lcd.
    davisgq likes this.
    10-16-14 10:19 AM
    When you really think about it it's just the toolbelt. That doesn't make it an upgrade. No removable battery, it's not as compact as the 9900 or Q10, hardware is not that much better.

Try imagining how good the Q10 will be with 10.3!

The classic is only an upgrade if you're still on the 9900 or another bb7 device!!!!
    Spec wise there isn't much, if any, of an upgrade. But for some, the trackpad and the toolbelt would be considered upgrades. No opinion on the LCD/AMOLED screen as this is obviously a personal preference, though for overall media/video consumption, I use my Nexus 7 tablet.
    10-16-14 11:45 AM
    The two things on the Classic I want are the dedicated phone/end keys and a bit bigger screen. Everyone around me has these big screens that are great for watching content and my little tiny Q10 screen is just too small for me now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Bigger, brighter screens are the reason people are going blind/can't see well these days. Haha. What happened to the days when TV was the only culprit? And staring into the sun
    10-16-14 11:47 AM
    Q10 to Classic! Given the fickle nature of many users this hardly seems progress. No removable battery. Hmm.
    10-16-14 01:30 PM
64 123