Is it possible to have BBM on two phones at the same time ? For example I use a Q10 as a daily driver. I am using (for now) my Passport as a 'when I am at home' replacement for my Playbook and it's not connected to the cellular network - just on WIFI. I want to be able to use BBM on both of them at the same time. Right now I must open BBM - associate the BBM id with the phone I am using at that moment. of course that works fine. Once you do this with one device the other one is off BBM. Of course if you leave the house and forget to switch back to the other device you will be off the grid afa BBM goes. If you look at Whatsapp it works on any number of devices on line at the same time (I believe), same for SKYPE. Is the only solution to create a second BBM id ? Can you link one id with another so that both are on line as a group perhaps ?? Suggestions anyone ?? TIA.
    10-15-14 04:56 PM
    Nope! You can't do that with BBM, even though I'm pretty sure that almost every other messaging application out there can and will do it.

This has been asked for by a lot of people for a long time now, so hopefully someone at BlackBerry takes notice and they address this major shortcoming with BBM soon.
    dietertong likes this.
    10-15-14 05:04 PM
    Most messenger apps do not support multi-device functionality for a single account, including BBM.

One workaround that I can think of is to have two BBM IDs, and have group chats for each conversation than individual chats. So it will be a three-way chat between your Q10, your Passport and your friend.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    10-15-14 11:32 PM
    Yes,i was thinking that as well but that would only be good if i initiated the conversation. If they tried to BBM me they would have to either BBM q10 or passport BBM account.
    10-16-14 12:09 AM
    Yes,i was thinking that as well but that would only be good if i initiated the conversation. If they tried to BBM me they would have to either BBM q10 or passport BBM account.
    hi op as per yellowroom suggestion you can make a bbm group for your q10, passport and friends.. so anyone can start conversation.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:18 AM
    Nope! You can't do that with BBM, even though I'm pretty sure that almost every other messaging application out there can and will do it.

This has been asked for by a lot of people for a long time now, so hopefully someone at BlackBerry takes notice and they address this major shortcoming with BBM soon.
    Wasn't there a thread "7 bbm same phone?"

Edit: found u the thread, dunno if it works, good luck!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=943309

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    Last edited by CrackberryQ; 10-16-14 at 12:40 AM.
    10-16-14 12:28 AM
    Just then, my wife's BBM (same ID) is 'active' on both an iPhone & Android.

Last one to be logged in is the Android. Android one works as it should. iPhone one isn't kicked out and can still access everything and send messages. But iPhone one does not receive 'R' confirmations a does not receive messages.

But both can send messages and are received well.
    10-19-15 02:24 AM
    One workaround that I can think of is to have two BBM IDs, and have group chats for each conversation than individual chats. So it will be a three-way chat between your Q10, your Passport and your friend.
    That's what I do. When I drop off the Passport, I just change the Passport's BBM status message so my colleagues know to contact me at the Bold's BBM.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    10-20-15 06:49 AM
    Update: my wife's BBM really was active on both the iOS & Android at the same time. The messages just goes into whichever was active at the time. none was kicked out or asked to re-login, both can communicate well with the contacts... this is something that everyone since the beginning (including me) couldn't happen. Is it changed now? Can we login to BBM on different devices with the same BlackBerry ID at the same time?

via CB10 on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    10-21-15 07:50 PM
    I believe it is only possible if you are using different OS e.g. Android & iOS... but for both BB10 devices, it is not... ironically, even you put the same email account on both BB10 devices, each of one will give you different PIN...

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 11:31 PM