Hello CB World,

After using now for couple of week os 10.3.0 and see a lot of good new stuff in it.

- Meeting Mode
    - BB Blend
    - Beter Android apps working

But also a lot of questions about some futures in BB10.

Why is it not possible to have more options in Meeting Mode? I have my FB calender and Google Calender sinc with my Q10, so this means when i have a car meeting in a weekend my Q10 switch to Meeting Mode that i selected (vibrate). But i don't want it on Meetings/Events that i have on FB, only Meetings i put in myself in Google Calender!!!

When i forget to switch of meeting mode when im on a FB event i'm missing a lot of pings, emails and phone calls.

Let's look it like this: Calender Settings -> Meeting Mode ->
    FB Events on/off
    Google Calender On/Off
    Etc Etc.

Or that when you make new appointment it will ask you what Meeting Mode settings you want.
    I think more users here would like to see that,

Also would like to see that some OEM BlackBerry Branded apps can be deleted.
    - Blend (don't use it, and i even can't i use Windows Vista)
    - BlackBerry Maps (i use Waze App)
    - Story maker (when i want to make nice movie or photo video i use Adobe on my pc)

What do you think about the idea for Meeting Mode Options??
    Last edited by DGloudemans; 10-14-14 at 12:21 PM.
    10-14-14 12:10 PM
    Not a bad idea. So I did some testing... Here are results and workaround suggestions.

Disabled calendars: Are completely ignored. Maybe do like I do and disable all calendars you din't really need.
    Calendar status: Items with a free status are completely ignored. Maybe set all facebook stuff to free?
    10-14-14 01:31 PM
    Thanks for the work around, going to test that. Also BlackBerry� has to build in this option (so hope they read this). And the developer of meeting mode is running to his pc to rewrite it haha

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 01:36 PM
    Not a bad idea. So I did some testing... Here are results and workaround suggestions.

Disabled calendars: Are completely ignored. Maybe do like I do and disable all calendars you din't really need.
    Calendar status: Items with a free status are completely ignored. Maybe set all facebook stuff to free?
    Are you saying that we can turn meeting mode on, but if an appointment status is set to "free", then it won't go into meeting mode for that appointment?

What about "out of office"

I'd like to seeing the meeting mode setting moved to a per appointment setting. Not every appointment I make on my calendar is necessarily a "meeting" that requires a silent phone. I put the LSU football games in my calendar - I certainly don't need to have a silent phone for that. Or a reminder to bring my wife to a doctors appointment (this should be a task, but you can't set a time for a task - only the entire day).

Posted via CB10
    Alberta Blue likes this.
    10-14-14 04:41 PM
    Are you saying that we can turn meeting mode on, but if an appointment status is set to "free", then it won't go into meeting mode for that appointment?

Yes.

Dunno, didn't feel like testing all of them.

I'd like to seeing the meeting mode setting moved to a per appointment setting. Not every appointment I make on my calendar is necessarily a "meeting" that requires a silent phone. I put the LSU football games in my calendar - I certainly don't need to have a silent phone for that.

Well set them as "free" then. That's what a free status appointment is for, you know.

Or a reminder to bring my wife to a doctors appointment (this should be a task, but you can't set a time for a task - only the entire day).

Yes, yes you can. Tasks have reminders that are time based, just like anything else.
    I'll test out of office... But I do it only because duty commands... ��

Besides that, let's start using our phones right, people! lol

EDIT: Skips for everything but "Busy", as I expected it to. You want your phone to auto-mute? Be busy.
    Last edited by diegonei; 10-14-14 at 05:01 PM.
    10-14-14 04:49 PM

I'd like to seeing the meeting mode setting moved to a per appointment setting. Not every appointment I make on my calendar is necessarily a "meeting" that requires a silent phone. I put the LSU football games in my calendar - I certainly don't need to have a silent phone for that. Or a reminder to bring my wife to a doctors appointment (this should be a task, but you can't set a time for a task - only the entire day).

Posted via CB10
    Right what I mean, Meeting Mode Ok, but let us users give option to choice when we want phone be silence or not.

You understand it.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 05:18 PM
    Right what I mean, Meeting Mode Ok, but let us users give option to choice when we want phone be silence or not.

You understand it.
    The option is already there!

Busy = silent. Everything else = normal.

But I see your reasoning.
    10-14-14 05:25 PM
    (y)

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 05:40 PM
    I too would like to see meeting mode setting for individual appointments

?
    10-14-14 05:42 PM
    Per calendar would be best imo.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.632
    10-14-14 06:31 PM
    I suppose, the more I think about it, that just going with the status would be the best way to handle it. After all, most of my meetings/appointments/whatever are set up in Outlook on my work computer and synced to my phone over Exchange ActiveSync. And, there is no comparable setting in Outlook for a meeting mode setting to transfer to the phone.

I guess having a global setting on the phone, and then relying on that status which does get synced to determine whether it switches modes, is probably the best way to handle it.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:52 PM
    I had meeting mode set and it sent the phone to silence.....however I got phone call during that time and it played the ringtone instead of being silent as directed. I went into settings for MEETING MODE and I do not see anything set that would indicate that it should play a ringtone during that period.....any ideas? 10.3.1
    02-23-15 10:44 PM
    Going to test it tomorrow on some events if ringtone playing.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 01:54 PM
    I would like to see Meeting Mode in the choices of appointment status rather than using the busy, there are times when you can be 'busy' but still able to take calls etc. I do like it that the phone will go to Meeting Mode and be silent without having to do anything, though at the moment I'm still checking it just in case.

Posted on my Z30, on EE in the UK
    CrashHound likes this.
    02-26-15 01:07 PM
    It would be great if Meeting Mode had the option to keep the media volume off and automatically dismiss alarms if it schedule to ring during the same time period of the meeting. Because it would be a shame if a court trial, university exam, or board meeting was interrupted because the user accidentally set an alarm at xx:yy AM instead of PM vice versa; or the pause/play button is accidentally pressed while an app like 'Music' is open or 'Browser' is on a webpage like a YouTube video.

One might argue turn off the phone, turn down the media volume or always check the alarms but it defeats the purpose of Meeting Mode if I have to remember to turn off and turn back on my phone before and after meetings, or check the volume or alarms during a meeting, . And it wouldn't be productive if during a meeting employer out of the blue ask for "that lovely presentation you did week before"(which is on Blackberry Express) and you have to tell him/her "please wait as my Blackberry starts up"
    Last edited by dlsv19410; 04-21-15 at 09:06 AM.
    04-21-15 08:55 AM
    I want location based meeting mode and whitelist contact.
    04-21-15 10:12 AM