Hello,
    i was a bit stunned not to find any option to natively add a printer in my Passport's settings. Isn't it supposed to be a buiness oriented device ?

Anyway. I'm now looking for an app that would directly connect to a network printer. I've read about PrintHand Mobile Print Premium. Just wondering if you had tried any others ?
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    10-14-14 04:47 AM
    Mixed feelings with that application. Although I would be a great extension of a business phone to be able to print directly to a network printer. Not sure why BlackBerry has not seen this as a added value to the BlackBerry OS.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 04:51 AM
    Hammermill Print on Amazon Apps works great on my Q10 & my Canon MX 870 ON WiFi
    10-14-14 04:57 AM
    I just bought a samsung c410 printer for 137 euro, installed the Samsung android app using snap and works great. Of course nfc is not recognised , but for the rest no problem. Device is equipped with lan, USB and wifi.
    10-14-14 05:17 AM
    Picture
    Best option for a direct network printer ?-img_20141014_121817.png
    10-14-14 05:18 AM
    I have an old Canon MX860. Printhand works great with it.
    10-15-14 01:14 PM
    I picked up the "free app of the day" Printershare Premium from the Amazon App Store about 2 weeks ago and it works fantastically at my home. I have an old networked Lexmark printer and also a much newer WiFi Brother all in one and it picks up both perfectly. But obviously this app is not free now and I am not sure how much it costs. I think it is expensive, glad I got it!
    10-15-14 01:23 PM
    I picked up the "free app of the day" Printershare Premium from the Amazon App Store about 2 weeks ago and it works fantastically at my home. I have an old networked Lexmark printer and also a much newer WiFi Brother all in one and it picks up both perfectly. But obviously this app is not free now and I am not sure how much it costs. I think it is expensive, glad I got it!
    Oh man, I actually got it too!! thanks for reminding me this. will try to get it working
    10-15-14 05:08 PM
    The printer companies usually develop an app that is better maintained than blackberry could ever do for all the various makes and drivers out there. Not practical for them to be jn this space

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:56 PM
    I use PrintHand. For my wifi Epson r3000. Most other apps I found need to send the job to your pc first, the the pc manages the printing. Didn't want the hassle of needing the pc online for mobile printing to work.

Reason why we don't see built in printer management likely due huge number of different driver softwares for the huge numbers of printers out there. Trying to keep these updated would be a nightmare for a phone company.

Flicked out via Zed30
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    10-15-14 11:32 PM
    I picked up an inexpensive cannon wifi printer from futureshop for approx $40, it has its own app called pixma maxify and it works pretty good. I can open a file and then select the share option, select the printer app and it will print! But it doesn't allow me to print emails. Mostly use it for documents and pictures.

Best option for a direct network printer ?-img_20141016_004202.png

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 11:44 PM
    I've had PrinterShare for years. 10.3's improved runtime has it working well.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    10-15-14 11:50 PM
    I use PrintHand. For my wifi Epson r3000. Most other apps I found need to send the job to your pc first, the the pc manages the printing. Didn't want the hassle of needing the pc online for mobile printing to work.

Reason why we don't see built in printer management likely due huge number of different driver softwares for the huge numbers of printers out there. Trying to keep these updated would be a nightmare for a phone company.

Flicked out via Zed30
    Yes though i 'm thinking there must be some universal solution, like those found on Linux, that is, without advanced features but getting the basic printing job done.
    10-16-14 01:10 AM
    The problem really comes with consumer grade printers that generally use the computer submitting the job as the controller for the printer, which then just spits out what it's given. Inkjets and a lot of cheap laser printers do this, while larger business style machines will work with almost any generic PCL or Postscript driver. Integrating CUPS, like Linux, would help but you would still have a lot of devices you wouldn't be able to use since that requires Postscript.

I've used PrintHand for most printers I deal with, and also the Ricoh printing app in Snap for my office machines. I can't complain about either application, but it would be nice to have the direct API's built into the OS to print emails or webpages directly through the menu.

Posted via CB10
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    10-16-14 11:34 AM