I backed up on Z30, Apps and settings. Then restored to Passport. Everything worked fine but Amazon App store kept crashing and just closed all by itself. But when I go to factory settings, the App is good. Tried numerous tests. I re downloaded all my Apps from BlackBerry World. Then my Android Apps from Amazon I guess will be next. But how do I transfer all my secure stuff in my "Pasword keeper" to the Passport. Device switch didn't work. Maby bluetooth, or NFC? And I have a lot in my Memo (remember) App to I would to transfer as well.
    Did anyone else have any issues going from Z30 to Passport?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:33 PM
    To move your passwords out of password keeper, open password keeper on your z30, login, swipe from the top, tap settings, scroll to the bottom of the page and tap export. You can then export your passwords to a file you can either transfer to your new phone on a memory card, or send to your new phone. I moved mine from my Z10 to my Q5 with NFC.

As for your Amazon app store not working, I had this happen when I tried restoring from backup after I loaded 10.3 on my Z10. It Had loaded the Android runtime file from 10.2. Didn't play too nice. Not sure I'd that could be part of the issue with a restore or not.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:40 PM
    Android apps don't seem to restore properly. Just reinstall them.

My passwords cane across during the restore with no issues.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-13-14 09:42 PM
    Side load the Amazon app store and all will be fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:59 PM
    Thanks Guys, I think easiest way at this point is to just use NFC for Password Keeper. Maby is can use method for Remember as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 10:46 PM
    Sideload not needed. Just go to amazon site and get updated version.

Posted via CB10 using my BlackBerry Passport
    Agnes Revian likes this.
    10-13-14 10:50 PM
    I wanted a fresh start and didn't want any bullshart issues so I just re-did everything manual to my Passport. Now I'm keeping the passport extra tidy with proper contacts and folders for pic's...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 10:53 PM
    My Passport insists that my apps exist on the device (backup from Z30.) I can't see a way to sign out of the app to reinitialize the apps actually on the device. Not that there's anything critical, but...

I wish there was a way for the backup to realize it's on a new device. First World Problems, I guess.
    10-13-14 10:59 PM
    I used the Link Device Switch instead of backup/restore. Device switch carries over data without replacing things that aren't compatible with the new dice/OS. Much quicker, too.
    10-14-14 07:30 AM
    Yes, I used also the ''switch device'' from the link and all my settings,apps, password keeper data, remember, calendar etc have been smoothly copied from my Z30 to the passport.
    No issues at all apart of the BBM in which all my conversations were ''empty '' but not a big deal for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-14-14 01:32 PM
    I had to remove and then reinstall Amazon. I also can't get dark theme in Contacts which is a know issue corrected in a OS beta.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 02:28 PM
    My remember files transferred automatically through device switch. It just messed up the formatting, and turned tasks into notes

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 02:43 PM
    Downloading Amazon app from Amazon didn't work. Had to side load.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 04:12 PM
    I wanted a fresh start and didn't want any bullshart issues so I just re-did everything manual to my Passport. Now I'm keeping the passport extra tidy with proper contacts and folders for pic's...

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much what I done altho the only things I brought over my z30 were a few apps but not settings or anything like that.

Passport works like a dream unlike my z30 which is full of crap, should really wipe it and start over as I still use it.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:06 PM
    Device switch kept on freezing. Un and re installed to possibly try again. BlackBerry teck talked me to download "in touch" app. Assured me to work to transfer contacts but didn't quite work. Will try the device switch for remember app. The export of password keeper went great with NFC. Should have that function on every app! Thanks for the tips, guys. Love my passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:10 PM
    Make sure you have the latest Amazon OS. Go to Amazon App -> settings-> version and release note -> then check for updates.

Unfortunately, BlackBerry World doesn't give you the latest version.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:28 PM
    For those of you that used Device Switch through Link: did you have a newer OS version installed on the Passport than you did on the previous device? I only ask because I don't, and Link is telling me that there is info that can't be carried over. Makes sense, but just wanted to confirm in case that is not the issue. I would reeeeeeeeally prefer it if my Remember entries were migrated as a whole instead of having to do it manually one at a time.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    10-20-14 09:25 AM
    To fix amazon app store. Go to amazon web page and download/install latest version

Posted via CB10 using my BlackBerry Passport
    10-20-14 01:48 PM
    For those of you that used Device Switch through Link: did you have a newer OS version installed on the Passport than you did on the previous device? I only ask because I don't, and Link is telling me that there is info that can't be carried over. Makes sense, but just wanted to confirm in case that is not the issue. I would reeeeeeeeally prefer it if my Remember entries were migrated as a whole instead of having to do it manually one at a time.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    I'm with Rogers Wireless and yes the device os updated actually 2 times. Once by itself the first few days then again a week later connected to bblink.

To get notes and tasks to transfer over you need a third party link software. I successfully sync my notes and tasks using companion link installed on my pc. And dejaview/dejahub installed on my device.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    PapiPabs likes this.
    10-20-14 02:04 PM
    I'm with Rogers Wireless and yes the device os updated actually 2 times. Once by itself the first few days then again a week later connected to bblink.

To get notes and tasks to transfer over you need a third party link software. I successfully sync my notes and tasks using companion link installed on my pc. And dejaview/dejahub installed on my device.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    Good suggestions.

My device only got the first update OTA (to .1154) as I am in the US on AT&T. I am loading .1418 right now to bring it up to date with my Z10. It sounds like others have had their Remember entries carried over using Link's Device Switch wizard, which I would prefer. If all else fails, I will migrate the entries to Evernote manually, or transfer them over NFC. Hopefully, it won't come to that, though.

Edit: Yup, the Z10 being on a higher OS was causing the issue. After updating the Passport to the same OS and using Device Switch, everything transferred properly.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    Last edited by PapiPabs; 10-20-14 at 06:08 PM.
    10-20-14 02:30 PM