BlackBerry Passport review: World's best QWERTY in a uniquely functional form factor | ZDNet

The author gives it a 9.5/10 rating. He seems to really like the wide display, the large battery, the keyboard and BlackBerry Blend.

On specifications, he actually calls it industry-leading, which is the first time I've heard this used for a BlackBerry: "Look again at the list of specifications above. The BlackBerry Passport is not lacking in any single area and the only other smartphone we have seen with such industry-leading specifications in a single handset is the Samsung Galaxy Note 4."

Go give it a read, vote it up and share it if you've a mind to!
    10-13-14 08:21 AM
    I joined the BlackBerry crowd when i got my first PlayBook about 3 years ago and I'm not really used to seeing this much positive media coming out in favour of BlackBerry. Wouldn't that be so ironic if turning away from the average consumer to create a business-focussed device made the consumers come running. People are strange... and crowds of people even more strange.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 08:50 AM
    I joined the BlackBerry crowd when i got my first PlayBook about 3 years ago and I'm not really used to seeing this much positive media coming out in favour of BlackBerry. Wouldn't that be so ironic if turning away from the average consumer to create a business-focussed device made the consumers come running. People are strange... and crowds of people even more strange.

Posted via CB10
    This is actually the case of the original BlackBerry, they became popular on the audience they didn't intend to sell to.

Hopefully this one goes a repeat :S

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.1418 | Globe PH
    theRock1975 likes this.
    10-13-14 08:57 AM
    Loved the review. Thanks for posting it!

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    10-13-14 09:57 AM
    This is actually the case of the original BlackBerry, they became popular on the audience they didn't intend to sell to.

Well, that was mostly due to not much else being out there lol

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 10:11 AM
    I am very happy to see positive reviews. It gives me hope that there are open minded writers. Pocketnow used to be my favorite site. However, its been about a month since the Passport was officially releases and they have not done a single review of the actual device. How many ways can they write about Android Kitkat and "L"? Passport us a ground breaking device. It just frustrates me to see such closed mindedness or just a disregard in general. ZDNet did a good job separating themselves as Engadget did.
    10-13-14 12:42 PM
    The same author linked back here to a Passport Keyboard Tips and tricks thread.

Six Clicks: Keyboard tips and tricks for the BlackBerry Passport | ZDNet
    10-14-14 09:42 AM
    That was a joy to read!

Posted via CB10 on lovely Z30
    10-14-14 10:01 AM
    My favorite line:

I checked my various devices and find I am able to have more apps I need on the Passport than I can get on Windows Phone.
    There's a lot that I like about Windows Phone, don't get me wrong, but the ability to run most Android apps--and run them well--on BB10 pretty much trumps Microsoft's ecosystem.
    10-14-14 10:23 AM
    How about that. It's almost as if there isn't a conspiracy against BlackBerry after all.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-14-14 11:03 AM
    Well, that was mostly due to not much else being out there lol

Posted via CB10
    No stories like "When I get that new position, I'll get my BlackBerry too... ?" :-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-14-14 03:02 PM

BlackBerry will rise (TM)

v 2.0

10-14-14 03:03 PM
    Well written review.

A lot of comments below the ZDNET review are rather laughable and the usual drivel. We can safely ignore them. :-)

10-14-14 03:49 PM

And I suspect it is the original plan that Chen had in mind... make something exclusive and only for "few elected" and everyone will run screaming I want it...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 01:21 PM
    And I suspect it is the original plan that Chen had in mind... make something exclusive and only for "few elected" and everyone will run screaming I want it...

Posted via CB10
    I think that's giving a bit too much credit.

10-16-14 02:11 PM
    Weird to see positive reviews. Great stuff!!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 06:58 AM
    I think that's giving a bit too much credit.

Probably you are right lol.. just call it "side effect" to the shortage..!!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:41 AM
    Probably you are right lol.. just call it "side effect" to the shortage..!!

Posted via CB10
    That's my thinking.

10-18-14 11:26 AM
    Awesome to see the company receive good reviews once again. Give it another year and it will be far more popular once again. Maybe we will be able to see the phones within carrier stores once again as well

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 11:55 PM
    Awesome to see the company receive good reviews once again. Give it another year and it will be far more popular once again. Maybe we will be able to see the phones within carrier stores once again as well

Posted via CB10
    If things keep moving in the direction they are now I think that is a real possibility. BlackBerry just need to keep building on their current successes. They can't afford to become complacent.

10-20-14 12:28 AM