i have notice that in bb z10 os 10.0 when i take a picture with HDR option enabled, i don't have to wait a few seconds, i just take and then i have HDR. now in actual os 10.2 when i take a picture, the phone says wait a seconds and don't move the phone to take the HDR picture.

please, solve this problem. i love when i take a picture one after other and don't have to wait seconds to take HDR.

setting HDR off it's not an option for me, i like taking HDR photos. thanks
    10-12-14 07:26 PM
    sorry, d posted.
    10-12-14 07:35 PM
    The lack of a timer in 10.0 is kind of a flaw. HDR takes multiple pictures of the same thing, compares the exposure levels and compares and composites all the photos into one. If you move the camera during the timer and shot, it'll take a different picture and won't be able to proper HDR shots needed for comparaison, resulting in a blurry or mis composited shot. (Example, first shot is a flower in the BG if it's moved it could be now a pot or grass and that's what's compared to the first shot)
    It's more of a good thing that the timer's there. You can completely ignore the timer like in 10.0 but you'll risk ending up with a blurry shot. Your choice really.

There's no timer removal, you can get away with moving your camera a split second before the timer's up, sometimes.
    10-12-14 07:37 PM
    Then deal with it. It's taking multiple pictures and merging them instead of fake HDR on a single picture.

You can lower the waiting time by listening for the 3 times the shutter sound goes off, then you can move it even if it says not to.
    10-12-14 07:38 PM
    ok, why in 10.0 when you take the hdr picture you dont have to wait? and in 10.2 you have now to wait. whats the difference? i compare picture with 10.0 hdr's and with 10.2 hdrs, they are just in focus and great definition.
    10-12-14 08:01 PM
    ok, why in 10.0 when you take the hdr picture you dont have to wait? and in 10.2 you have now to wait. whats the difference? i compare picture with 10.0 hdr's and with 10.2 hdrs, they are just in focus and great definition.
    10.0 didn't have HDR.

Also, if you go into settings and deselect "save original", it will take faster HDR photos.

Lastly, HDR isn't supposed to be instant. It's even slower processing on a dSLR camera.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm and AnimalPak200 like this.
    10-12-14 08:12 PM
    And I noticed the other day in 10.3.0.xxxxx, that the Camera app now suggests that HDR is not necessary as the camera app can determine that lighting is not that contrasty.
    10-12-14 08:48 PM
    And I noticed the other day in 10.3.0.xxxxx, that the Camera app now suggests that HDR is not necessary as the camera app can determine that lighting is not that contrasty.
    Yeah, in fact HDR should only be used in specific circumstances, not all the time. You risk introducing computational artifacts with the registration, blending and interpolation steps involved.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-12-14 08:53 PM