Just throwing this out there. I feel the potential is there although it doesn't mean I agree it will definitely occur. It's just something I'm afraid of occurring.

I'm a Q10 user who definitely misses the ToolBelt and was ecstatic to hear about The BlackBerry Classic. While we don't know much, we do know it runs BlackBerry 10.3.1, will have a larger non-removable battery, brings back the ToolBelt, and obviously keeps the physical keyboard.

So here's where I'm nervous The Classic may disappoint. My Q10 will get the 10.3.1 update, the battery already more than gets me through the day, and obviously I already have the keyboard. So I guess it all comes down to the ToolBelt. How well will it integrates with BlackBerry 10? Will I spend a couple hundred dollars just for physical send/end buttons? Is a TrackPad necessary for gesture based phone?

Again this is just my concern. I mean clearly those jumping from Curves and Bolds and other BBOS legacy devices are getting major upgrades, but is the Classic really and upgrade from the Q10?

Posted via my Q10 on VZW from Philly
    Alattin Simsek likes this.
    10-12-14 06:37 PM
    From what I hear about the pixel density it might be worth the upgrade just for the new screen! Bear in mind that a lot of the features of the Passport will carry over, maybe the storage and processor will wow too?
    10-12-14 06:48 PM
    Bigger screen seems like a big plus. The q10 screen isn't big in my opinion, it's also all new hardware considering it's a bigger phone. Keyboard might be even better to type on

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 06:51 PM
    I don't know. I find the Q10 to be pretty tidy in overall size (classic is taller), I usually have no issues selecting text or placing the cursor since 10.2.1, I love the glass weave backing and swapping batteries (I forget to plug in sometimes), and I'm pretty good without the call buttons. I'm also concerned about the trackpad and/or tool belt height interfering with gestures.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052
    10-12-14 06:56 PM
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Is the toolbelt really worth it?

The answer for myself is no. As you mentioned the BB OS 10 is a fully gesture based phone. The toolbelt is a nice addition and kind of reminds me of the Bold 9790 or 9900 with both the touchscreen and toolbelt. However I ended up just using one method. For the 9790 it was the toolbelt, but for the Q10 and Classic I would totally just use the screen and the gestures, because I am used to it and with OS 10 it is way more intuitive and easy to handle with the gestures. Also I really like the rather compact form factor of the Q10 and as the Classic will be more likely a bigger device, it's just another reason to stick to my Q10.

Talking about hardware, the Classic will probably having the better specifications, but honestly I am not missing anything on my Q10 as it is still fast and quick enough for my usage.

So I am definitely not going to purchase a Classic. But again, that is just my opinion.
    10-12-14 06:57 PM
    I will stay with my Q10 until it stops working, before upgrading. It works great, I am fine with the overall form factor and screen size. I have not found myself wishing for the tool belt and I had the 9900. My first BB10 device was the Z10 for 1.5 years, so maybe I have been weaned off the tool belt?

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-13-14 08:49 AM
    I personally don't know why someone would switch from a Q10 to a classic because they are the same phone, one with and one without a tool belt. I guess if you miss the buttons and trackpad that bad, but from a pure upgrade perspective, it would be buying virtually the same phone almost two full years later.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    darkehawke and spikesolie like this.
    10-13-14 09:30 AM
    "So I guess it all comes down to the ToolBelt. How well will it integrates with BlackBerry 10? Will I spend a couple hundred dollars just for physical send/end buttons? Is a TrackPad necessary for gesture based phone?"

I think you just answered your own question. I will not spend hundreds of dollars or burn a upgrade on a phone just for a tool belt. I will wait for the next phone or get a Passport instead.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    10-13-14 09:40 AM
    Depends on what you want. If you're more on the pragmatic side, I guess the Q10 will put you through your daily tasks for quite some more time.

However, the classic is one of the new flagship. Means, cool design, newer tech and so on.
    And I think the tool belt will be well integrated in this phone - no worries there.

So it probably won't be an entirely new experience, but it will be superior to the Q10 in some ways.
    10-13-14 10:34 AM
    9900 has a better look than Q10 and Classic. I think.

I have Q10, but love 9900 design more. I don't why.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-13-14 02:04 PM
    I think there are multiple reasons to make the switch from the Q10 to the Passport. Yet ultimately it comes down if those differences are worth it for you to spend another 400 bucks on a new phone.
    The Classic features a larger screen, although it keeps the 720x720 resolution resulting in a slightly lower ppi. The screen is also IPS which means it has more neutral colors and should be much brighter, comparable to Z10 and Passport. The larger 1:1 screen results also in a wider device which also leads to a slightly larger keyboard. This should make typing easier, especially if you have big hands.

If rumours are true, the hardware will also get a small bump and the Classic will get the internals of the Z30. While not a big step forward, people going from Z10 to Z30 reported a noticeable improvement in terms of performance.

The toolbelt alone also shouldn't be underestimated, I recently switched to the Passport and use the capacitive keyboard a lot for text editing, this should work even better on the Classic than it does now on BBs big flagship. I am also sure the trackpad support in BB10 will improve in the future, the step from 10.3 to 10.3.1 already seems to bring quite some improvements. Having simple to use answer and end buttons for calls is also a nice addition. Especially when the colder winter days arrive and you don't have any of those special capacitive gloves.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    10-13-14 02:47 PM
    I personally don't know why someone would switch from a Q10 to a classic because they are the same phone, one with and one without a tool belt. I guess if you miss the buttons and trackpad that bad, but from a pure upgrade perspective, it would be buying virtually the same phone almost two full years later.

They're NOT the same phones. The Classic has Z30 internals, which is why it will launch with a considerably lower price tag of $399.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:42 PM
    They're NOT the same phones. The Classic has Z30 internals, which is why it will launch with a considerably lower price tag of $399.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry where did you get this price
    10-13-14 06:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry has the specs as Qualcomm S4 at 1.5 GHZ and 2 GB of RAM. That puts it at Z10 and Q10 and not Z30 which is S4 Pro at 1.7 GHZ.

10-13-14 08:28 PM
    Those specs were never marked as "final" and obviously came from a benchmark performed with an early prototype still using the Q10/Z10 internals. Although the word regarding Z30 internals is also just a rumor, it is just as possible, if not even more realistic than those early reports.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:18 PM
    9900 to Q10 = Disappointment
    AllanQuatermain and advias like this.
    10-13-14 11:56 PM
    I love Q10 even I cant change it with classic for free haha

Its new era mobile
    It shows oh where is tool belt it is diffrent from bold and curves
    Size is also good as compared to classic
    But classic have 3.5 inch screen this is good but mobbile is taller
    I preffer to stay in Q10
    Haha

posted via Q10
    10-14-14 02:52 AM
    If if if if
    If
    The back botton will work in android apps then
    Classic is good
    Otherwise clossic is bull****

posted via Q10
    10-14-14 02:53 AM
    Bigger screen seems like a big plus. The q10 screen isn't big in my opinion, it's also all new hardware considering it's a bigger phone. Keyboard might be even better to type on

Posted via CB10
    Bigger screen? I think it's the same sized screen as Q10. It's taller than q10 but that extra space would get used-up by toolbelt. Right?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:51 AM
    Just throwing this out there. I feel the potential is there although it doesn't mean I agree it will definitely occur. It's just something I'm afraid of occurring.

I'm a Q10 user who definitely misses the ToolBelt and was ecstatic to hear about The BlackBerry Classic. While we don't know much, we do know it runs BlackBerry 10.3.1, will have a larger non-removable battery, brings back the ToolBelt, and obviously keeps the physical keyboard.

So here's where I'm nervous The Classic may disappoint. My Q10 will get the 10.3.1 update, the battery already more than gets me through the day, and obviously I already have the keyboard. So I guess it all comes down to the ToolBelt. How well will it integrates with BlackBerry 10? Will I spend a couple hundred dollars just for physical send/end buttons? Is a TrackPad necessary for gesture based phone?

Again this is just my concern. I mean clearly those jumping from Curves and Bolds and other BBOS legacy devices are getting major upgrades, but is the Classic really and upgrade from the Q10?

Posted via my Q10 on VZW from Philly
    I'd feel the same way as you Rosco. I don't see a real need for a BB10 device with the tool belt. BBOS users might need it to help bridge the gap, who knows. However, if you get the Classic, all you're doing is paying $$$ for just the tool belt as the internals are the same as the Q10. You're not really getting a new phone. That would be one of my main concerns. BlackBerry obviously doesn't really care though because it is aimed mainly at BBOS users that are still out there and even some corporate users.
    10-14-14 06:57 AM
    The classic is geared towards people still using a BBOS7 device. It's not a Q10 successor. So yes, going from a Q10 to a classic would most likely be disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 08:58 AM
    Bigger screen? I think it's the same sized screen as Q10. It's taller than q10 but that extra space would get used-up by toolbelt. Right?

Posted via CB10
    No, the Classic will sport a 1:1 3.5" display, thus the device will be taller and wider.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-14-14 09:40 AM
    My Verizon contract isn't up until next August, so even though I'm curious about trying the toolbelt on the Classic, it will be almost 9 months after the Classic's release before I can consider buying a new phone. I'm hoping that by then, there will be a true successor to the already fabulous Q10.

I'd like to see a faster processor, lots more storage, better low-light camera, wireless charging, *but keep* the features which already make the Q10 great: removable battery, 4-row/35-key keyboard and compact one-handed size. Trackpad optional - never used one before, might be a handy tool, but I don't find myself wishing the Q10 had one.

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.3253/3182 Radio
    10-14-14 09:51 AM
    My Verizon contract isn't up until next August, so even though I'm curious about trying the toolbelt on the Classic, it will be almost 9 months after the Classic's release before I can consider buying a new phone. I'm hoping that by then, there will be a true successor to the already fabulous Q10.

I'd like to see a faster processor, lots more storage, better low-light camera, wireless charging, *but keep* the features which already make the Q10 great: removable battery, 4-row/35-key keyboard and compact one-handed size. Trackpad optional - never used one before, might be a handy tool, but I don't find myself wishing the Q10 had one.

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.3253/3182 Radio
    As some have mentioned, the anticipated specs are likely to be based on the current Z30. I really didn't think they'd make that much different but they took the Z10 and tweaked it just enough to go from an OK device to one that was that much better.
    10-14-14 10:15 AM
    If if if if
    If
    The back botton will work in android apps then
    Classic is good
    Otherwise clossic is bull****
    posted via Q10
    It only stands to reason that is how it will work. This will give Android Apps more screen space becasue the backup button will not be on screen.
    10-14-14 10:30 AM
45 12