I'll start by saying I absolutely love this phone (Passport). Have had it since launch day and it has been amazing.

But this afternoon, noticed something a little bit strange. One side of the screen seems to be loose or lifting. I can see the display lights between the phone and the screen. I am able to push it back down but then it seems to slowly lift again.

Never really seen anything like this with a cell phone. What might be causing this? Anybody else had this issue?

Thanks!
    noisey_boy and ami.one like this.
    10-12-14 04:25 PM
    I'll start by saying I absolutely love this phone (Passport). Have had it since launch day and it has been amazing.

But this afternoon, noticed something a little bit strange. One side of the screen seems to be loose or lifting. I can see the display lights between the phone and the screen. I am able to push it back down but then it seems to slowly lift again.

Never really seen anything like this with a cell phone. What might be causing this? Anybody else had this issue?

Thanks!
    Any pictures? Were you trying to replicate an iPhone 6+ Bend?
    10-12-14 04:30 PM
    Ha. Definitely not. No other device to take a quality picture unfortunately. It's the slightest lift too in the bottom left corner. Doesn't seem like a huge issue but just wondering if anyone had seen something similar.

First time posting here to apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong section.
    10-12-14 04:37 PM
    Sounds questionable. These devices have been tested and used for a long time. QC would have found this. Unless you ran over it with your car.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield and blambtn like this.
    10-12-14 04:51 PM
    Could it be that it was in your pocket and pressure was applied inadvertently that affected the seal? This same issue has come up before on this forum. The device isn't particular pocket friendly given the size.
    10-12-14 04:53 PM
    There was another thread about this. Could end up being an issue

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 04:54 PM
    No issue. I have mine for and it is absolutely solid. Like solid that no other phone has ever been. Maybe one or two defective ones but that's it.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 04:55 PM
    Hasn't even been dropped, actually. Been pretty careful with it.
    10-12-14 04:58 PM
    I sit on mine and in my front pocket all day. No issue. SOLID!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:00 PM
    Hopefully you can get a friend with another device to take a picture of the screen for you. We're all interested!

My Passport feels absolutely solid at every point.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and PuneetKittur like this.
    10-12-14 05:01 PM
    Could be. But only noticed it today and haven't really had it in my pocket much today at all.

It's weird. I can push it back down and into place but then it seems to slowly lift again.
    Dude, don't even try to correct it, just go and get a new one. You shouldn't have to put up with that.

And yes, some other person had the exact same issue. Let's hope it doesn't happen often.
    Could it be that it was in your pocket and pressure was applied inadvertently that affected the seal? This same issue has come up before on this forum. The device isn't particular pocket friendly given the size.
    Could be. But only noticed it today and haven't really had it in my pocket much today at all. Like others have said, the phone seems extremely solid. Which is why the lifted screen seemed so strange.

It's weird. I can push it back down and into place but then it seems to slowly lift again.
    You got the one bad one. Return and get another. Best phone ever.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai and blambtn like this.
    10-12-14 05:03 PM
    Could be. But only noticed it today and haven't really had it in my pocket much today at all. Like others have said, the phone seems extremely solid. Which is why the lifted screen seemed so strange.

That sounds like it's stuck on with adhesive, but there is some sort of bend or something that's causing it to lift up. Again, some nice close up pics would go a long way.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:05 PM
    What would cause the screen on Blackberry Passport to "lift"?-passport.jpg
    Here is a picture. Not super clear but you get the idea.
    10-12-14 05:08 PM
    Gold one? Who did the gold leafing? Not factory?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:09 PM
    Get it replaced asap.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:09 PM
    Gold one? Who did the gold leafing? Not factory?

Posted via CB10
    Nah it's silver. Just the lighting.
    10-12-14 05:10 PM
    Let's see a picture of the whole phone

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:11 PM
    Yeah very similar to another guy that had one. It appears this happens if you try to do the bend test on it as well
    10-12-14 05:13 PM
    Just replace it. Too early to tell if this is a systemic QC or design issue.
    10-12-14 05:14 PM
    Watch the passport disassembly video. If you are mechanically inclined you might be able to spot the problem and see how to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:14 PM
    I would say if you have a defective phone call customer service and replace it. I know many people with these phones and they all say the same thing.. solid. Could be a one off.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield and Elite1 like this.
    10-12-14 05:15 PM
    I would say if you have a defective phone call customer service and replace it. Like I said I now many people with these phones and they all say the same thing.. solid. Could be a one off.

Posted via CB10
    But if you can live with it wait until they are back in stock before doing this. Who knows how long you will have to wait to get a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:17 PM
    Ha. Definitely not. No other device to take a quality picture unfortunately. It's the slightest lift too in the bottom left corner. Doesn't seem like a huge issue but just wondering if anyone had seen something similar.

First time posting here to apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong section.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passport.jpg 
Views:	5078 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	305512
    Here is a picture. Not super clear but you get the idea.
    From no other device to a picture in 30 minutes. Good job!
    jojo beaconsfield and blambtn like this.
    10-12-14 05:18 PM
221 123 ...