Let's get one thing clear; I'm really not that stupid. OK, maybe a tad, but I can normally muddle my way through things like this and figure them out for myself. I've tried to find the answer to my question through the myriad of threads and posts on the subject of Sachesi but I find the responses to be spread out over several pages and difficult to discern so please forgive me if this has been addressed (several) times before.

Until recently I was using Sachesi 1.2.1 to grab the updates that my carrier, WIND Canada, have been too lazy to issue and I've had no difficulty with it what-so-ever. Recently I discovered 1.9.1 and decided to take the plunge and update to the recent 10.3 "leak" to my Z30 currently running 10.2.3247. This is how I went about things:

1) Opened Sachesi in "Administrator" mode (it's a habit);
    2) Hit "Version Lookup" and scanned for 10.3.1154;
    3) Grabbed links;
    4) Downloaded appropriate files, OS and Debrick (QC8960), Radio (Z30 + Classic);
    5) Dragged files to Sachesi and installed.

Am I missing a step because the updates load easily enough but the install seems to stop altogether at pretty close to the end no matter how long I leave it? I've tried it twice now with the same results; it never fully installs. Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and once again, apologies for what I'm sure is yet another Sachesi question that's answered elsewhere!
    10-12-14 02:29 PM
    Let's get one thing clear; I'm really not that stupid. OK, maybe a tad, but I can normally muddle my way through things like this and figure them out for myself. I've tried to find the answer to my question through the myriad of threads and posts on the subject of Sachesi but I find the responses to be spread out over several pages and difficult to discern so please forgive me if this has been addressed (several) times before.

Until recently I was using Sachesi 1.2.1 to grab the updates that my carrier, WIND Canada, have been too lazy to issue and I've had no difficulty with it what-so-ever. Recently I discovered 1.9.1 and decided to take the plunge and update to the recent 10.3 "leak" to my Z30 currently running 10.2.3247. This is how I went about things:

1) Opened Sachesi in "Administrator" mode (it's a habit);
    2) Hit "Version Lookup" and scanned for 10.3.1154;
    3) Grabbed links;
    4) Downloaded appropriate files, OS and Debrick (QC8960), Radio (Z30 + Classic);
    5) Dragged files to Sachesi and installed.

Am I missing a step because the updates load easily enough but the install seems to stop altogether at pretty close to the end no matter how long I leave it? I've tried it twice now with the same results; it never fully installs. Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and once again, apologies for what I'm sure is yet another Sachesi question that's answered elsewhere!
    What are you doing exactly on step 4? Do you extract the apps from the Debrick file and then install all these files + Core + Radio? It might be that a file is corrupted and prevents the installation process.

Have you tried it with version 1.9.4 of Sachesi as well? I've noticed that some versions seem to break functionality sometimes. Version 1.9.3 prevented me from doing backups, while 1.9.4 worked fine again.
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    10-12-14 02:47 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I think we might have hit on the problem! I'm not extracting the debrick files

So let me see if I've got this straight because it of the time it takes to glue everything back together again: I download all three files; extract the debrick and install all the files as per usual?

Thanks for the advice!
    10-12-14 02:53 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I think we might have hit on the problem! I'm not extracting the debrick files

So let me see if I've got this straight because it of the time it takes to glue everything back together again: I download all three files; extract the debrick and install all the files as per usual?

Thanks for the advice!
    Yes, you can use Sachesi to split the signed image from the Debrick file and then extract the apps from that signed image. Then you take all the extracted apps + Core + Radio and drag them onto Sachesi to start the installation.

By the way, perhaps you want to install the next version instead of .1154?
    OS10.3.0.1418 SR 10.3.0.908 for ALL devices
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    10-12-14 02:59 PM
    Yes, you can use Sachesi to split the signed image from the Debrick file and then extract the apps from that signed image. Then you take all the extracted apps + Core + Radio and drag them onto Sachesi to start the installation.

By the way, perhaps you want to install the next version instead of .1154?
    OS10.3.0.1418 SR 10.3.0.908 for ALL devices
    Thanks again. Will try again and see if it works!
    10-12-14 03:01 PM
    It could also be that you're double-installing the OS. You just need to install debrick+radio files, you do not need another copy of the core OS file as the debrick file acts as a core file if you sideload it.
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    10-12-14 03:22 PM
    I'm going to have to try some other time, something quite troubling just happened. I removed the phone from my computer, Sachesi, Link, everything was off, and it spontaneously started a full security wipe. I have no idea how it happened. I managed to get my SD card out almost immediately, I'm not sure whether the wipe affects that or not but I grabbed it just to make sure. I'm not so concerned about the aftermath of all of this, but I am bothered as to why it started in the first place, no once did I instruct a full security wipe and it only started when I removed the device from my PC.

EDIT

Security wipe over, now it's constantly rebooting.

I picked a fine time to quit drinking!
    10-12-14 04:41 PM
    I'm going to have to try some other time, something quite troubling just happened. I removed the phone from my computer, Sachesi, Link, everything was off, and it spontaneously started a full security wipe. I have no idea how it happened. I managed to get my SD card out almost immediately, I'm not sure whether the wipe affects that or not but I grabbed it just to make sure. I'm not so concerned about the aftermath of all of this, but I am bothered as to why it started in the first place, no once did I instruct a full security wipe and it only started when I removed the device from my PC.

EDIT

Security wipe over, now it's constantly rebooting.

I picked a fine time to quit drinking!
    I'm sorry about this. There are occasional reports about this and it's always a risk, I suppose. If the phone started a security wipe on its own, then something must have corrupted the OS during the process. As a rule: always make backups. I hope your SD card was not encrypted!
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    10-12-14 05:53 PM
    I did make a back up and my SD card was not encrypted. I've manage to reload my back up, 10.2.1.3247, but now it's not reading my SIM card, says "The SIM is from an unknown source."

Ah well, slowly but surely!
    10-12-14 06:07 PM
    Yea, don't unplug, remove, stop, mess with in any way shape or form during programming!!! Now...download an autoloader.
    Install os.
    Do not touch until device fully restarts.
    I repeat, leave it alone.
    Don't touch.
    Don't unplug.
    Don't remove sd card while plugged in to computer.
    Wait until device restarts.
    Start fresh.
    Enjoy.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.632
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    10-13-14 04:15 AM
    Best version of sachesi everyone is using I have 1.2 still??

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:23 AM
    Best version of sachesi everyone is using I have 1.2 still??
    Latest version should always be best.
    LOTS of bugs fixed since 1.2 including critical bugs in connecting to device and critical bugs in extraction of apps (eg. Docs To Go).
    10-13-14 05:52 AM
    1.9.4 works fine for me, Kudos Xsacha!!!

10-13-14 06:40 AM
    And by the way...always turn on Airplane Mode when updating....

10-13-14 06:41 AM
    And by the way...always turn on Airplane Mode when updating....

Seen this many time what's the reason? I never have and also never had any problems?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 06:50 AM
    Seen this many time what's the reason? I never have and also never had any problems?

Posted via CB10
    So that all the radios are turned off and nothing can try and access the phone while it is updating ?
    10-13-14 06:54 AM
    Yea, don't unplug, remove, stop, mess with in any way shape or form during programming!!! Now...download an autoloader.
    Install os.
    Do not touch until device fully restarts.
    I repeat, leave it alone.
    Don't touch.
    Don't unplug.
    Don't remove sd card while plugged in to computer.
    Wait until device restarts.
    Start fresh.
    Enjoy.

OK that being said, how to I revive my phone connection? I have pretty much everything back up and running and have WiFi only which is fine for the time being but I need an actual phone as of tomorrow. Could the SIM have been erased during the wipe and the answer is nothing more than a new one?

By the way, in no way am I blaming Sacha or Sachesi for what happened, this is completely all my fault.

Posted Using a Z30 Via CB10
    10-13-14 07:10 AM
    I think I've figured out what's wrong. It appears that the new radio didn't get replaced when I reverted back to 10.2.1.3427 so I'm going to try carrying on with the update.

See you at the other side!
    10-13-14 07:52 AM
    Eitot....isn't the core file 1.7gb, and the extracted bar files even more?...dies Sachisi filter that when installing

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:31 AM
    The saga continues! LOL!

I thought I had successfully installed the update but my phone thought differently and once again spontaneously started a security wipe, I didn't remove or touch the phone in anyway at anytime. I let it run and then it immediately ran an update without my input as well. I'm back to 10.2.1.3247 but at least it works, radios and all and I'm going away at the end of this week to somewhere without WiFi so I need the Z30 to work reliably on all levels. So, I'm sticking right here and not changing a thing, I've spent far too much effort with this over the last 2 days or so and as long as it works I'm happy. I have no idea when my Passport's due but I'll have to wait to experience the joys of 10.3 until then.

Thanks to all for your advice and help, I'm seriously not normally this incompetent, I swear!
    10-13-14 11:56 AM
    There are people getting this 'security wipe on reboot' issue from a clean autoloader as well.
    These reports only started happening since 10.3.
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    10-13-14 12:13 PM
    Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for Sachesi and all the work you do. For me, it's been a "life saver" as my carrier seems to be refusing to release the more recent BB10 updates, they've missed 3 in a row. In case you didn't read my comment earlier, I don't consider my issues to be the fault of you or Sachesi.
    10-13-14 12:31 PM