I have quite a few BlackBerry's and for some strange reason, I was going to switch to my Q10 . Only for a short time.

Oddly enough, I tried my Q10 for about ten minutes and I really couldn't get used to it. I had to return to my Z30.

Maybe I'm an all touch screen device user now...
    Are you primarily stuck with physical keys now?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 01:05 PM
    I go back to my Z10 on occasion but I'm comfortable with both keyboard and all touch. I just prefer the Q10 form factor over that of the Z series. It's not that I can't function without a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 01:28 PM
    I had a Z10 and went to Q10 for no other reason than I was due an upgrade. I loved the Z10 but the Q10 is just!!!! I love the pkb and the gentle clack as you type and nothing can turn it off. I am going to get the Z30 at xmas, and will be switching weekly. Pkb and vkb are both great, to have both as a choice is better.

Posted using White Q10
    10-12-14 01:40 PM
    I'm using a Q10 and a Z30, like them both and can't wait until I can get a PP

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:59 PM
    Had the Z10 for over a year and a half. Kept getting a Q10 in between and then would sell it due to screen size. But something about the Q10 's form factor and the keyboard kept pulling me back. Finally gave the Z10 to my son, kept the Q10 and am loving it.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-12-14 05:25 PM
    I have a Z10 and a Q10. I love the keyboard on the Q10 so the Z10 stays at home, and never gets to come out to play. I'm currently waiting for the classic to be released.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:49 PM
    Im coming from a z10 and the battery life on the z is just not acceptable the q10 is great just wish the screen was a little bigger but overall its great

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:52 PM
    I got the Bold 9900 because of the keyboard and the form factor. Email and texting was also a breeze. I never liked typing on virtual keyboards. Then the Z10 came out and that was the best virtual keyboard I ever used. Months later I just had to have the Q10 and get my fingers typing on the physical keyboard.

I've been on and off with my Z10 and Q10. I've been using the Q10 for the past two consecutive months and expect to keep using it until the end of the year.

I have thought about getting the Z30 but I know I don't need it. My current devices are enough to keep me busy.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 07:27 PM
    I started with a Q10 then got a Z10 new for $200. I am happy with both the physical keyboard and the touch keyboard and the speed is around the same.

I just know it is faster than any of the swiping keyboard I have tried from Samsung and Google.

While BlackBerry touch keyboard suggestions are mostly good. There are some annoying things that the auto correct misses.
    - if and of
    - on and in
    - am and an

And definitely higher occurrence of typos on the touch keyboard.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    10-13-14 01:32 AM
    I have Z30 and Q10. I switch between the two often. Like if my Q10 is my daily driver when I get home from work it goes on charge and I pick up and Web browser and consume media on my Z30. If the Z30 is my driver, when I come home I blue tooth my q to my laptop to control the mouse and keyboard. So yeah I use both all the time.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:42 AM
    I like both keyboards, BlackBerry makes the best all touch and physical keyboards on Earth.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:26 PM
    Since I got my z30 I can't believe how small my q10 screen is though I do use it every now and then

Posted via the awesome power of BlackBerry 10 on one of my lovely devices probably my beautiful beast called Z30 or my great Q10 or my lovely Z10
    10-13-14 06:33 PM
    I like both keyboards.

I have my unlocked legacy Bold 9900 hanging around for when I travel. Believe it or not after being exclusive physical keyboard guy for years, I love my Z30 and I find myself fumbling around for a few days with the physical keyboard when I travel and take my legacy Bold with me. I've gotten used to the predictive text etc I guess.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    10-14-14 11:29 AM
    I went from a Bold 9900 to the Z30 and was literally terrified. I was super fast in that physical keyboard. Even one handed.

My wife and older son went for the q10 not wanting to give up their physical keys. My youngest son went with an iPhone.

I was instantly hooked on the z30. Can't imagine a better device for my needs (yes I have complaints about the contacts app and Android functionality within the OS) but as for the device I live it.

My wife's q10 had to go in for repair. Her loaner was a z30. She couldn't wait for her Q10 to come back. She absolutely hated the all touch experience.

When I got my wife's q10 back from repair I did all her restores, updates and set ups and was completely clueless on the physical keyboard. I was typing at least 50% slower. So yes, I think I've been converted to full touch but my wife will always want a physical keyboard and is really looking forward to the classic. She loves her tool belt.

10-24-14 10:03 AM
    but as for the device I live it.

It's typos like those that I prefer the Q10 for. There is no substitution for physical keyboard accuracy.

Even with the BlackBerry auto correct, it still makes mistakes, and it can be embarrassing in a business email.

10-24-14 10:32 AM
    It's typos like those that I prefer the Q10 for. There is no substitution for physical keyboard accuracy.

Even with the BlackBerry auto correct, it still makes mistakes, and it can be embarrassing in a business email.

I agree 100% on this point. As much as live the device, I absolutely hate it when the device auto corrects a properly spelled word as well.

10-24-14 06:16 PM
    I think I might be crazy, but I'm really missing the clickety-click of a physical keyboard. Do you think it would be worth it to trade my Z30 for a Q10? Any pros and cons I might need to know like the difference in screen size?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:22 PM
    I think I might be crazy, but I'm really missing the clickety-click of a physical keyboard. Do you think it would be worth it to trade my Z30 for a Q10? Any pros and cons I might need to know like the difference in screen size?

Posted via CB10
    I used to think that I'd have a problem with virtual typing until I tried a 9850 using Haptic feedback. Since I discovered the alternate form of typing, I haven't looked back to a physical keyboard, and I'm completely happy with that.

Have you tried it? Me, I like being able to use a full screen for all kinds of things. Unfortunately, my carrier has pretty much abandoned the physical keyboard devices, only having had the Q10 out of the latest BlackBerry offerings.
    10-24-14 09:29 PM
    I went from a 9810 to the Z10, which I thought was the best vkb I had ever used, having used a number of Android phones in the past. I then got the urge to go back to the Q10. Other than needing to wear my reading glasses more, because of the small screen (NOTHING to do with age!!!) I truly like the Q better. (although I do miss my Z10, having sold it for a good dollar last spring.
    10-25-14 01:03 AM
    I used to feel that way too having used the Z10 for almost two years. Than I got the Q10 and it does take about two weeks to get fully adjusted to the PKB (I had a Bold 9900 and was super fast). I love the accuracy of the Q10 's keyboard vs the Z10. I find myself having to spell check with the Z10 and not with the Q10. I have gotten to the point where I can type without looking too. But the Z30 and Z10 have the best VKB IMO. My son has the Z10 now and loves it.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-25-14 09:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    I went from a Z30 to a Q10 knowing full well that I would be sacrificing the screen real estate and other great features like the external speakers extra processing power.

The physical keyboard, for me, is just amazing. I don't think I will ever be as fast or accurate on a virtual keyboard because the way my brain works, I prefer to type out the entire word without the aid of auto-complete or auto-correct.

That said, I don't mind using virtual keyboards, and BB10's vkb is the best I've ever used.

I would say that if you regularly play games, watch videos, and use apps that are better with a larger screen, then you may feel the Q10 is a bit restrictive for you.

But if you primarily use your phone to communicate - write emails, send texts & IMs, social media, forums, etc. - then there are few devices out there that can compete with the Q10.

Typed with dazzling speed and accuracy on my Q10
    medarkid likes this.
    10-25-14 10:01 AM
    Ah yes, haptic feedback. I remember when using Android back then I used to turn it on since it kinda gives me an artificial PKB feedback, but since it makes my phone lag a lot, I didn't use it anymore.

I too, loves the big screen on the Z30 and are still unable to separate with it due to the smaller Q10 screen size until now, even though have been considering the idea for quite some time now.

Anyone here knows where I can find the haptic feedback setting on Z30? Scoured mine to no avail, but just just in case I missed it.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:01 PM
    That said, I don't mind using virtual keyboards, and BB10's vkb is the best I've ever used.

I would say that if you regularly play games, watch videos, and use apps that are better with a larger screen, then you may feel the Q10 is a bit restrictive for you.

But if you primarily use your phone to communicate - write emails, send texts & IMs, social media, forums, etc. - then there are few devices out there that can compete with the Q10.
    Thanks for the insight, I think BlackBerry makes the best VKB too since right now I have other priorities, when I miss using PKB I'd fire up my 9900 or 9700 and play with them for some time or use them for a week or two to ease the itch. Hahaha.

I wish I had BB10 device with PKB to make the switching easier, but since in my country contracts are not the primary option and smartphone prices are jacked up really high (especially BlackBerry's! That's why not many look our way here!), perhaps some time later I'll buy a used one as my secondary device

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:10 PM